KOTOW Upsets

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

KOTOW Upsets

Post by callentournies »

Already some JUICY "upsets" occurring
upset 1
upset 2
upset 3
~~
upset 4 ro8
upset 5 ro8
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Suriname kaister
Lancer
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: I Date My Cousin

Re: KOTOW Upsets

Post by kaister »

Breeze changing his protest from not playing in the tourney to getting his ass kicked, gotta admire the dedication
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

No way lol
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

Ex #1 professional aoe3 and aoe4 player playing for Team Genesis losing to an unsigned treaty player who doesn't even play sup and goes by his real name.

Floko is giving off big SME. (sig male energy)
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Fair play from breeze giving others opportunities time for king floko to take #1 in supremacy as well
:nwc:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Floko the best i got man breasts
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

That's not even the real greatscythe tbh he's a big fan of gs11 and is impersonating him ,previous name of him is [TPG]EverProvence but still a little upset there xD
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

So I watched the recs
julian vs breeze
Ah they're casting it anyway
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Australia Ardeshir
Musketeer
ESO: Ardeshir

Post by Ardeshir »

callentournies wrote: ↑
09 Jul 2022, 18:05
Ex #1 professional aoe3 and aoe4 player playing for Team Genesis losing to an unsigned treaty player who doesn't even play sup and goes by his real name.

Julian's a DM player first and foremost. You won't get mechanics like that from treaty
Age of Empires Commentator (AoM, AoEO, AoEII, AoEIII, AoEIV)
https://www.youtube.com/@seanchristensen5528
Shoutouts to Project Celeste for 100% F2P AoEO! Indian civ coming soontm
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

@callentournies need to add 1 more upset
Howdah
EWT

Post by dicktator_ »

Ardeshir wrote: ↑
10 Jul 2022, 11:16
callentournies wrote: ↑
09 Jul 2022, 18:05

Julian's a DM player first and foremost. You won't get mechanics like that from treaty
I know you're joking but TR actually does help with mechanics. It helps macro most of all, producing units and spending res is generally np (I do get housed a lot though), and if you pay low res maps then it also helps with knowing how to do a mill/plantation transition. If you're good at treaty micro then basic micro comes pretty easily as well, more advanced micro tricks like pulltrick and chasing with long formation may be a bit difficult to pull off at first. The thing TR doesn't help with at all is how and when to take a fight, also how to move army and where to position army. So you might see TR players getting rekt in fights in supremacy, but it's usually not because of the mechanical part of micro but because we engaged poorly (like fought from a bad angle) or because we weren't supposed to be there in the first place. Like that game where I got flanked and I tried to run away with all my strelets and CA vs tabben's Japan in the two town tournament, when running was impossible and I should have just fought and let the CA tank.

Other things TR doesn't help with is multitasking and map awareness, since in treaty you have a wall buffer and you don't need to check the minimap as often, TR players aren't used to having to constantly look at the minimap for raids and stuff. Also doesn't help with scouting because scouting in TR is just "where is their start army?" Also not mechanics but it goes without saying that it doesn't help with strats and build orders.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

I mean top treaty players have better mechanics than 95% of supremacy players that fact is obvious. Turns out microing 100units constantly would do that. They just lack knowledge. However i gotta admit ive been very impressed with julian despite him playing about 2weeks of supremacy in his entire career
Australia Ardeshir
Musketeer

Post by Ardeshir »

dicktator_ wrote: ↑
10 Jul 2022, 22:38
if you play low res maps then it also helps with knowing how to do a mill/plantation transition. If you're good at treaty micro then basic micro comes pretty easily as well, more advanced micro tricks like pulltrick and chasing with long formation may be a bit difficult to pull off at first.
Oh for sure, there are parts of the later macro game and techpath that they'll be more used to following than the average equivalent to them out of commerce all-in or fast fortress and push or raid & defend players on the ladder. High Treaty can play the most optimal turtle styles that you'll see on a civ in supremacy or DM. It almost makes you want to support the player throwing up walls first. :P If anything Treaty players are the experts on weird lategame situations off dwindling map res or infinite-only-remaining. The best wallers and tower-creepers without being over the top or wasteful.

When it comes to sufficient macro & micro under pressure, and looking for raiding or splitpushing opportunity midgame though I think the treaty mode puts the player in that environment in less of the average game's length than in supremacy, and much less in deathmatch. Which I guess is the non-joke side of it.

If we want a mode to make everyone micro like a pro Korean Terran overnight there is always Tiny map. Just need someone who can actually edit to fix the spawns for me :D
Uzbekistan Timurid
Skirmisher
ESO: Trained Spahi

Post by Timurid »

doesnt take away from the fact that treaty sucks balls to watch.
11 Jul 2022, 11:55
if you play low res maps then it also helps with knowing how to do a mill/plantation transition. If you're good at treaty micro then basic micro comes pretty easily as well, more advanced micro tricks like pulltrick and chasing with long formation may be a bit difficult to pull off at first.
Oh for sure, there are parts of the later macro game and techpath that they'll be more used to following than the average equivalent to them out of commerce all-in or fast fortress and push or raid & defend players on the ladder. High Treaty can play the most optimal turtle styles that you'll see on a civ in supremacy or DM. It almost makes you want to support the player throwing up walls first. :P If anything Treaty players are the experts on weird lategame situations off dwindling map res or infinite-only-remaining. The best wallers and tower-creepers without being over the top or wasteful.

When it comes to sufficient macro & micro under pressure, and looking for raiding or splitpushing opportunity midgame though I think the treaty mode puts the player in that environment in less of the average game's length than in supremacy, and much less in deathmatch. Which I guess is the non-joke side of it.

If we want a mode to make everyone micro like a pro Korean Terran overnight there is always Tiny map. Just need someone who can actually edit to fix the spawns for me :D
Australia Ardeshir
Musketeer

Post by Ardeshir »

Timurid wrote: ↑
12 Jul 2022, 02:53
doesnt take away from the fact that treaty sucks balls to watch.
Should have a $6,000 deathmatch tournament tbh
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

This is just not true at all. There is nothing in treaty that is anything like mid to late game sup. Dicktator and Lukas both have reached a fairly high level in sup, and neither of them play, nor are particularly good at playing against, that type of style. Having to balance playing greedy, while taking map, while making units, while countering whatever your opponent is doing is just nothing at all like doing an optimal treaty boom.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

many are saying that nr20 combines the most mechanically and strageically intensive aspects of both game modes
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Kawapasaka wrote: ↑
12 Jul 2022, 14:58
many are saying that nr20 combines the most mechanically and strageically intensive aspects of both game modes
Some are saying there is gonna be a garjabaldi nr20 Italy only stream today
Australia Ardeshir
Musketeer

Post by Ardeshir »

gibson wrote: ↑
12 Jul 2022, 14:47
This is just not true at all. There is nothing in treaty that is anything like mid to late game sup.

You're right, they're not even playing aoe3, let alone playing in a format that guts rush and early pressure play while otherwise leaving the rest of the game intact as soon as an x minute timer ends
D E A T H M A T C H
E
A
T
H
M
A
T
C
H
Howdah
EWT

Post by dicktator_ »

gibson wrote: ↑
12 Jul 2022, 14:47
This is just not true at all. There is nothing in treaty that is anything like mid to late game sup. Dicktator and Lukas both have reached a fairly high level in sup, and neither of them play, nor are particularly good at playing against, that type of style. Having to balance playing greedy, while taking map, while making units, while countering whatever your opponent is doing is just nothing at all like doing an optimal treaty boom.
Yea, I will say there's an exception if a supremacy game reaches ultra lategame, like post imperial with all unit upgrades and eco upgrades teched and several walls up, then it becomes similar to treaty. But for 99.9% of games this is true. When I played against kynesie I usually died to his massive eco advantage before the game reached that point.
NR20 basically solves into a much shorter version of NR40 with an emphasis on scouting and optimized booms imo. You can always get upgraded walls up, eco ups, and a maxed army with 2 imperial upgrades if you have an optimized boom (maybe a couple exceptions for slower civs). And yea, those things do make it more mechanically and strategically intensive. The boom actually matters and you get punished for having a suboptimal boom, and getting rekt in the start fight hurts much, much more, so you have to scout. But it's kind of disappointing when most games end after 5-10 mins of fighting (a decent number of games even less).
Howdah
EWT

Post by dicktator_ »

For a good example of TR players engaging poorly watch
Spoiler