Bye

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Re: Bye

Post by princeofkabul »

can you two fuck off with your paragraphs on this gem of a thread
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Nope
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

princeofkabul wrote: ↑
12 Jul 2022, 19:04
can you two fuck off with your paragraphs on this gem of a thread
Work on your attention span, kid
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

@Kaiserklein let's be honest, you can take a break for 3 months and come back and beat anybody again after a few days of playing.

It's like riding a bike, some of the fundamentals is now engrained.

Don't avoid competitive play when u have down time if u still get the itch to play.

This current tourney was a bit unusual that u had to play a brand new civ
Germany Makrokosmos12
Skirmisher
ESO: Templer12

Post by Makrokosmos12 »

This feels like the end of an era.

With Kaiser the last of the pro players has left the game.

Its kinda sad. But it was bound to happen eventually.

Kaiser and Hazza where the last two titans that held this game up and made it actually exciting to watch in tournaments.

The only reason to watch aoe 3 for me was because Kaiser was around and you could expect to see high level gameplay.

But AoE 3 has changed a lot and maybye had to evolve to stay relevant. Just not in the way i hoped it would.

Bye.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

By saying "with X and Y going inactive, all the greats are gone" you are kinda selling short other, also very good players who are still here.
If I was in their place I would be kinda grumpy :ship:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

It's about time Latvia was put on the board. Ungurs gonna be no.1, mark my words.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Netherlands Pedrownage
Crossbow
ESO: Pedro1989

Post by Pedrownage »

Sad to see the GOAT Kaiserklein go, but I guess the reasoning is understandable. However, imagine how happy the fans that are out there would be if Kaiser just fully leaned into the new civs and would decide to learn them and get with the meta. Knowing the core mechanics so well I don't think it would be that big of an effort for him as the new stuff is not that complicated. Perhaps a few weeks or months break is all the motivation needed to get back into it again with a vengeance!

Thanks for all the great gameplay either way, let's see what new pros will emerge to fill the power vacuum!!
No Flag mirmydon
Musketeer

Post by mirmydon »

So bad.. we won't see him crying again against the civ or the map blablablablabla
instead of telling the true.... That guys isn't a pro since he can only play France or german semi-ff.
Good to see that TIT literally reckt him :)
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

mirmydon wrote: ↑
13 Jul 2022, 19:36
So bad.. we won't see him crying again against the civ or the map blablablablabla
instead of telling the true.... That guys isn't a pro since he can only play France or german semi-ff.
Good to see that TIT literally reckt him :)
Dude, like your entire aoe career is first crying about map AND lame civs/strats and then drop tricking your opponent lmao

dropteoblaste, gtfo
No Flag mirmydon
Musketeer

Post by mirmydon »

Like 10 years ago xD
but i guess some people like u or kaiser didn't grow up
saaaaadly
I miss so bad kaiser crying about my incas damm
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Once a cheater always a cheater tbh
No Flag mirmydon
Musketeer

Post by mirmydon »

Goodspeed wrote: ↑
14 Jul 2022, 10:29
Once a cheater always a cheater tbh
Apply this to kaiser so ;)

ur guys are so confident in their "pros" haha they can't imagine they cheated :lol:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

go cry in-game as usual
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I don't recall kaiser cheating
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Goodspeed wrote: ↑
14 Jul 2022, 11:18
I don't recall kaiser cheating
Nilla german tower rush was so good it was considered cheating

No Flag spadel
Skirmisher

Post by spadel »

I can certainly relate to you Kaiser - ever since DE was released I never was even remotely motivated to play the game anymore. I'm pretty sure that without DE aoe3 would have had a better future - maybe fewer players in the short term, but longer-lasting. Also I think many guys from the old times (me included) would show up from time to time just to feel the nostalgia. Now with DE it's just meehh, I would prefer to play nilla with some 1st lts.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

I guess microing is cheating in oosteoblastes eyes
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

spadel wrote: ↑
14 Jul 2022, 14:20
I can certainly relate to you Kaiser - ever since DE was released I never was even remotely motivated to play the game anymore. I'm pretty sure that without DE aoe3 would have had a better future - maybe fewer players in the short term, but longer-lasting. Also I think many guys from the old times (me included) would show up from time to time just to feel the nostalgia. Now with DE it's just meehh, I would prefer to play nilla with some 1st lts.
this is bs, 2019-2020 EP was very dead trust me I was there
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

spadel wrote: ↑
14 Jul 2022, 14:20
I'm pretty sure that without DE aoe3 would have had a better future - maybe fewer players in the short term, but longer-lasting.
Longer lasting for few people who would have gotten bored sooner or later playing against each other 24/7.
Game was more or less dead for casual playing
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

DE per se might not have killed the game (actually it was a great opportunity to revive it) but the specific direction the game took with DE in terms of changes and gamestyle definetely killed the game competitively. And for an RTS the competitive scene is just too important.
Image Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It didn't kill the game, I don't even think it killed the game competitively. What it killed was the love people had for the old game, cause this is a completely new game entirely. Many people who loved the old game don't like this new game cause its just so completely different. I realized long ago I didn't have what it takes to be a rly good player, so I like playing a bit doing some of the random bs from the old game mixing in with the new bs. It killed most of the upper level players wanting to try cause they just didn't have the same love for the new game as the old game.
Great Britain The_Lastsamurai
Pro Player
ESO: The_lastsamurai

Post by The_Lastsamurai »

Kaiserklein wrote: ↑
10 Jul 2022, 16:39
So the biggest tournament in about 15 years is hosted. You get 4 qualifiers at fixed dates, during summer holidays weekends, instead of having good old scheduling threads. Some people will be able to get 4 chances to qualify, while I was only able to get 1 (almost got 0, but some stuff I had planned on this weekend got cancelled).

So I'm forced into playing in the first qualifiers, which gives me a couple weeks at best to learn 2 new civs and a set of non competitive maps. There are maps I had never even played before in this pool, units I had never seen before, and so on. I didn't even know there was a map with trains on it and +200f in the pool, or that Malta could build those explosive buildings... It's just pretty much impossible to play, plus it's frustrating.

I know that MS sponsoring this event means we have to adapt to their requests, so I'm really not blaming the tourney admins, they did their best. I'm glad they were able to get in touch with MS and get this massive prizepool. I hope people still enjoy the content despite all the issues this game has (mill bugs, x0.5 speed recs, stupid maps, etc).

It's just that I've been thinking for a while that I should stop playing this game altogether. There's virtually no one good left playing the game, the maps are getting worse and worse, there are still bugs, a ton of gimmicks and imbalances... I don't have any fun playing the game anymore. I was playing it less and less, but even so it felt like a massive waste of time and energy basically everytime.

Losing 0-3 just because I don't know the civs and maps sounds like a good opportunity to finally quit the game altogether. I think I had a good run and don't feel the need to win more events. Winning doesn't even feel rewarding anyway, since the skill level has drastically decreased so there's no glory really. Also the people I enjoyed the most playing with are not playing this game anymore.

I know these "goodbye threads" are usually mocked. I just felt like I kinda had to make one because of how involved I've been in this game and community for 5+ years. I couldn't really just go and say nothing about it. And who knows, maybe this game becomes competitive some day and I feel like coming back, but I doubt it. I'll probably still lurk in streams though.

Bye
dude can you just stop fucking whining, all qualifiers are done like this in every other game, your the only one crying because the whole setup isn't too your liking?. fuck me give it a rest.......
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

gibson wrote: ↑
14 Jul 2022, 16:00
It didn't kill the game, I don't even think it killed the game competitively. What it killed was the love people had for the old game, cause this is a completely new game entirely. Many people who loved the old game don't like this new game cause its just so completely different. I realized long ago I didn't have what it takes to be a rly good player, so I like playing a bit doing some of the random bs from the old game mixing in with the new bs. It killed most of the upper level players wanting to try cause they just didn't have the same love for the new game as the old game.
It did because the new different game isn't really competitive. The skill gap in this game was mostly in the first 10-15 minutes of the game and was about the details in the build and in macro/micro. Now it's more similar to a nr10 or, if you want, more similar to the other RTS games where yes, you have some harassment early on that can lead to a little edge for a player, but the game is inevitably going to last longer and result in boring macro games with not much resource shortage (games that don't reach the infinite resource part are mostly over because one player misteps at the wrong time and lose the main battle).
This is regardless of personal likings. It's just how the meta naturally evolves with DE changes. And AOE3 just doesn't work well this way because there isn't much room for skill gap after your reach the infinite resource point. Any other RTS game is about resource denial at any point of the game and occasionally about tech difference. AOE3 quickly becomes "castle siege style" (treaty) with cheap walls and economies being infinite and protected.
Also the changes are chaotic and they leave a trail of inevitable game imbalances on top of the questionable meta.
Image Image Image
Italy MaxMagous
Skirmisher
ESO: MaxMagous

Post by MaxMagous »

Kind of insane how the circlejerking narrative of legacy outlasting and outperforming DE still goes on to this day. You guys are literally 10 people as compared to the thousands who enjoy the overhauled and refreshed new game that we were gifted out of nowhere. That isn't even an opinion at this point, it's just absurd to advocate it, it's bizarre
Lol just play an instrument or work out. Get a job or work towards getting a better one if you have one. Get more flexible, get stronger, learn a new skill. Don't contribute to a nostalgic, negative outlook towards a computer game there's so many better things you can do with your time
look wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2022, 08:55
Kaiserklein wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2022, 07:42
Well nvm, none of these dates work for me
who care? unfortunately, one must decide to be an aoe3 pro or not