anyone know how to make scenarios work in DE

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

anyone know how to make scenarios work in DE

Post by Squamiger »

I really miss playing Time to Micro, Cards, Arena, etc. These games filled that important niche for when you're too tired to focus properly on a real game of AoE3 but just wanna mess around / warm up. I have tried just copying these scenario files over from legacy to DE and they KINDA work, i.e. they will open and triggers will run, but some things fail and they are not playable. Also they don't have new civs, obviously. Does anyone know how to take a legacy scenario file and get it running in DE, or just make a new, up to date version?
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher
ESO: Cleters

Re: anyone know how to make scenarios work in DE

Post by Cleters »

Yeah I loved doing collo from time to time, there was some on DE but it randomly changed all my decks 1/2 games so had to stop. :/ Would be cool to see all the scenarios again.
Germany Mister_Editor
Crossbow
ESO: Dicke_Eichel

Post by Mister_Editor »

Hi there

im a scenario maker, yet i havent gone over to DE yet.
If im not mistaken, the Scenario Editor finally got some upgrades recently- so once i got a better PC to run DE, i will look into it.
Time to micro and Cards should be easy to make.

However, Arena is a much more complicated matter. I know the original creator, he used XS code entirely to create that Scenario - technically it was coded outside the "scenario editor" in the files themselves. So you cant copy the triggers to DE cause they arent really classic "triggers" - a bit hard to explain, its very custom made to finalize this explanation.
That guy was a genius (Sgt_Roflcopter).

You have to know, that making scenarios is very hard and requires a LOT of time. Months even sometimes.
Also, back in a day the TAD Community (AOE 3 legacy) made a lot of custom triggers over at heavengames.com ( you can create your own triggers using code, as long as this doesnt change the game files structure), whcih you could simply download and use.
Most scenarios you played were often based on those custom triggers.

Im not fully up do date on the new DE Editor, but i think that those custom triggers might not be able to be copied/ wont work if copied. Perhaps you need to create new triggers for the definate edition that work like the old ones.

its a delicate matter. Age of empires didnt make it easy to create your own maps....
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

@Mister_Editor join my scenario discord and tell me more

https://discord.gg/thtuKe7H9h
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »