Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - Update 13.27885

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Re: Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - Update 13.27885

Post by callentournies »

the Napoleon card in the new french revo which costs ~1k res/each to send for some reason gives you 2k res/each upon researched
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

So you say, I should send the Bourbon thingy, research my 9000XP tech, get 6 shipments, go french revo, and cash in my 12k of each res?
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

They always keep changing the game, but it never gets better. Just different.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

The hotfix is here!

Explorers, start your Monday off right with a hotfix for @Age of Empires III DE! We've addressed out of sync errors that you helpfully reported (thank you!), restored missing content and visuals meant to go out with the last update, and more. đź‘€

Hotfix 13.29366
  • A fix for an out of sync that occurs when ransoming your Hero/Explorer
  • A fix for an out of sync error in recorded games for civilizations that have two Hero/Explorer units
  • A fix for an issue that invalidated some player generated UI mods
  • Added missing home city cards that were intended to go out with the previous patch
  • Functional fixes for new cards
  • Various balance tweaks
  • Localization improvements
  • Minor inconsistencies in Hero cosmetic visuals
  • A fix for Ottoman villagers not showing up in player score
  • A fix for missing Galley card icons
  • A fix for the deck rename dialogue showing up in other areas than the deck list
  • A fix for several missing legacy hotkey bindings for new units
  • A fix for missing visuals of Sansculottes in the French Revolution
  • A fix for erroneous train time reduction on the Indian Gunpowder card
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

i played one game and it oosd
United States of America Seamonk
Musketeer

Post by Seamonk »

Went through and compared the files, here's what I saw:

ransoming explorer has some updated logic

India
  • Sepoys: train time 34 -> 38
    The following Indian home city cards had these two flags added YPIgnorePopCostBuildLimitFreeHCUnitIfTechObtainable, DEForceLegacyIgnoreBehavior:
    Foreign Trading Companies, Indian Gunpowder, Mughal Elephant Armors,Rocketeers
    Indian Gunpower now correctly decreases train time by 15% instead of 85%
Port:
  • Feitorias card actually able to be added to decks
    3 Organ Gun (AGE 4 ) shipment now costs 200 gold (seems to be a bug, thanks @andrewgs )
    Constable card now correctly applies 15% increase to hipoints and damage for halbs
Consulate Gardeners are now Delis
USA: Scottish immigrants moved to age 3
Germans:
  • Wallenstein's Contracts now effects the Bosniacs, Pandours, Girant Grens, and Irish Brigadier shipments
    German's Wettin allies' Saxon Cuirassier units cost 2 pop now
    Circle Army car no longer costs 100 food
    9 Wettin Allies now has the correct display text
    Hire Pandours now has the correct display text
Haud:
  • Iroquois Chief age up now sends a travois
    Cooperation big button actually decreases cost by 25% now
Aztec: Warchief upgrade card fixed to add the 20% increase to warrior priest dance effectiveness
Sweden:
  • Allotment System updated (complex, seems to fix a bug?), allows selling of torps
    Northern Forests bug fix?
    Surströmming now checks a build limit first
Otto:
  • 2 Monitors card removed
    Infinite Jans and 7 Nizam Fusiliers lost this flag: YPIgnorePopCostBuildLimitFreeHCUnitIfTechObtainable
    7 nizam fusiliers card also had an update in flags, effect availability?
Caracole Shadow tech now increases Cavalry Archer range by 2
Loyal Warriors card now also effects Gaanaci
Imperial Bersaglieri now correctly increases ranged armor by 5%
Hungarian Grens can now also take advantage of Otto's Hand Mortar card
24 Akan Allies card now checks the correct units for build limit
Japan: 47 ronin card updated
Spoiler
Nanban Trade card now costs 300 wood and gold instead of 350
Azap unit upgrades lost this flag: ForceLastInLine
Windmills can no longer be deleted
Haiti Revolution: Pirates no longer get -2x against Light Infantry?
Sansculottes got a portrait
Pet White Tigers: damage bonus from Light Infantry to Skirmisher types
2 Steamers card got an updated database id
Malta: 3 falcs card now shows 3 instead of 4
Italians: Culv shipment updated to show 3 culvs instead of 4
17 Carib Allies card now shows displays as 17 instead of 9
United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Post by alistairpeter »

They still haven't fixed upgrades being researched for new Otto Hussar at start of deathmatch
Great Britain andrewgs
Musketeer

Post by andrewgs »

Seamonk wrote: ↑
25 Oct 2022, 02:09
3 Organ Gun shipment now costs 200 gold
They added 200c cost to the infinite age 4 shipment, not the age 3 one. lol.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Jerimuno wrote: ↑
24 Oct 2022, 18:11
I got 3 of my Muskets stuck on the site of a native settlement (no TP built).
Spain Synchro
Musketeer
Clan: TCP

Post by Synchro »

andrewgs wrote: ↑
25 Oct 2022, 08:53
Seamonk wrote: ↑
25 Oct 2022, 02:09
3 Organ Gun shipment now costs 200 gold
They added 200c cost to the infinite age 4 shipment, not the age 3 one. lol.
lol totally useless :uglylol:
Starsky: Think, always think what you can improve... There is sooo much room for improvement, which most guys simply dont see, because they just use very strong bos and units combos (wws only --> easy and toooo strong). (2006)
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

aaryngend wrote: ↑
25 Oct 2022, 10:42
Jerimuno wrote: ↑
24 Oct 2022, 18:11
I watched a video of someones stepsister getting stuck in the refrigerator (no milk in the fridge)
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Another night with a series of OOS games.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

don_artie wrote: ↑
25 Oct 2022, 14:00
aaryngend wrote: ↑
25 Oct 2022, 10:42
I watched a video of someones stepsister getting stuck in the refrigerator (no milk in the fridge)
Don't know what kind of meme you are quoting there/alluding to :ship:

I'm just surprised that there are still TP issues with units getting stuck despite them making dozens of fixes through patches. At least the most annoying ones are gone :hmm:
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Just saw this and was surprised. I literally can’t understand what is going on… the game is very far from where it once was!
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

They seem to think that the more stuff you put into a strategy game, the better it gets.

If you make things better, they get better. Thats what they dont understand i think.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

_H2O wrote: ↑
25 Oct 2022, 20:54
Just saw this and was surprised. I literally can’t understand what is going on… the game is very far from where it once was!
To be honest, I'm pretty nervous about what's going to come. The amount of content is so big already. I don't think the game gets better. At least this applies for competitive play.

I wish they'd focus on the unstable in-game interface and improve communication between players now.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

What to say.

There were a few strategies that were easy to perform and hard to beat. Now there are more on more civs, buffed with capitalism. With so much new content more match ups are more unbalanced making qs difficult. Maybe I just can’t scout.

My experience is the best players use normal civs normally and stomp. Lesser players use gimmicky civs gimmicky and stomp. It leaves one jaded at both turns. Jaded players are cranky and lean into the human lust for retribution (torture with towers). Jaded players forget what ggs are like and run at the sight, head full of hate.

Musk artillery meta is a blight and got boosted with musk promotions. Lately I’ve decided I’d send all artillery to age IV, except 2 falc shipments and trainable culvs. Make falcs unlockable in III with the advanced artillery card. They’re too swingy and dull. I guess they’re immobile. Everyone learned to dragbox and it’s OP. Delete Argentina revolt.

Ranked lobbies would go a long way keeping competitive alive. I miss having an idea to do before doing it, which is tailored to the map and MU. Sometimes the real time is too real time to strategize.

Balance is one step forward two steps back. I guess I’m old & resistant to change but I miss universal villager skins. I keep thinking my Dutch bills I mean merchants are a nat musk.

It’s too easy to force a late game these days. I think musk art is both aided by and in response to that.

Doubling down on revolt mechanic is sad and bad.
Doubling down on MOBA mechanic is sad and bad.
Doubling down on promotion mechanic is sad and bad. Casual players love them. It’s the same conversation in every game. Those disposed will find themselves on the same side, every time.

Some of these maps have horrendous tree spawns.

Team balance is at its worst. Team is communion between friends. Friendship dies out.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Seems like they know OOS is still a thing so they launched another PUP:
Public Update Preview Program – October Hotfix

Hello again, Explorers! A new PUP launched today on Steam if you haven't already seen it: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app ... 9518847855

The PUP is related to a potential fix for the Out of Sync issues related to ransoming your Explorer/Hero and we need your help to keep troubleshooting it! Please opt into our Update Preview - October Hotfix branch and let us know if you are still encountering any OOS issues with our latest changes.

Details on how to participate in the Public Update Preview Program can be found here:
Now Available: The Age III DE Public Update Preview (PUP) Program

Please join us in strengthening the quality of Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition
by sharing your voice on the official đź›  Public Update Preview forums. (Note that you must own the game and login to Steam to access the PUP forum.)
We’re definitely listening, and looking for every opportunity to make this the game you love to play! :)

- The World's Edge Team
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

MCJim wrote: ↑
25 Oct 2022, 22:06
_H2O wrote: ↑
25 Oct 2022, 20:54
To be honest, I'm pretty nervous about what's going to come. The amount of content is so big already. I don't think the game gets better. At least this applies for competitive play.

I wish they'd focus on the unstable in-game interface and improve communication between players now.
I doubt they're gonna focus on that until they've completed their agenda, which seems to be revamping each legacy civ by adding a bunch of unique options and weird mechanics. Or maybe that's done already? I didn't check all the updates.
Then they're probably also gonna release more civs (and more gamemodes, more maps, etc) for more cash. And when they decide to spend some time actually fixing the game, it's gonna be even harder because of all the new stuff they introduced, which has to bring extra imbalances and bugs.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Brazil DNLgibraltar
Skirmisher

Post by DNLgibraltar »

The root of all evil is adding stuff to make it cluttered and not adding stuff to make it clean.

I get the concept behind it but they could've reached their goal with less coding work and more drafting work.
Spain Synchro
Musketeer

Post by Synchro »

Better they add broken stuff and bugs to hope the developers don't understand what's going on. At this point the era of the new aoe3de begins, aoe3 will become more and more unplayable due to the broken budget and annoying bugs and people will leave the game at this point MS sees that aoe3de becomes a burden and the support ends and all is done. Aoe3 does not die here the fan patches begin and it will return to ep9DE the good players will return and the new civilizations will not be on ep9DE who wants to play them will go to broken aoe3de. At this point I would say alive Aoe3de and better alive ep9DE.
Starsky: Think, always think what you can improve... There is sooo much room for improvement, which most guys simply dont see, because they just use very strong bos and units combos (wws only --> easy and toooo strong). (2006)
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

Can we please get someone on the dev team fired
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Like I've been saying, they're doing the intelligent thing.

There's no money in providing for, or caring for, the competitive community. You can see even Redbull took one glance at AoE3 and noped the fuck out. There was an empire wars mode made and everything too, lol

There is much more money to be made by providing paid cosmetics and whacky DLC that offline and casual players will eat up. And there's nothing wrong with that. Commercially, it makes sense to push things that make you money. Forgotten Empire devs decided that making some extra cash with paid DLC was better than trying to cater towards the competitive scene of AOE3. So in that vein, they're going to push out as much shit as possible, as whacky as possible.

Quite sad. Competitive AoE3 must once again look towards a 3rd party patch for hope. Except that this time, it won't happen. No one will be willing to split the community again and no one could come to a consensus on how to make good changes anyway. When you look at the appalling bullying that Zoi went through when the EP was in our hands, it only makes sense that AOE3's competitive community doesn't really deserve to be taken care of.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Spain Synchro
Musketeer

Post by Synchro »

iNcog wrote: ↑
26 Oct 2022, 20:03
Like I've been saying, they're doing the intelligent thing.

There's no money in providing for, or caring for, the competitive community. You can see even Redbull took one glance at AoE3 and noped the fuck out. There was an empire wars mode made and everything too, lol

There is much more money to be made by providing paid cosmetics and whacky DLC that offline and casual players will eat up. And there's nothing wrong with that. Commercially, it makes sense to push things that make you money. Forgotten Empire devs decided that making some extra cash with paid DLC was better than trying to cater towards the competitive scene of AOE3. So in that vein, they're going to push out as much shit as possible, as whacky as possible.

Quite sad. Competitive AoE3 must once again look towards a 3rd party patch for hope. Except that this time, it won't happen. No one will be willing to split the community again and no one could come to a consensus on how to make good changes anyway. When you look at the appalling bullying that Zoi went through when the EP was in our hands, it only makes sense that AOE3's competitive community doesn't really deserve to be taken care of.
Sorry, many mention this zoi i don't know the story, can anyone tell me what happened to this zoi? I hear this mentioned by many people.
Slovenia Javon
Musketeer

Post by Javon »

New patch, new doom and gloom forum posts. Looks like one can leave AOE3, but AOE3 can't leave them.