brits are really the strongest civ lol

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

brits are really the strongest civ lol

Post by Squamiger »

I was hovering at like 1400-1450 elo for the last year playing haud/russia/dutch/france/china/india and then I finally decided to give Brits a try, playing them seriously. I just rush with 700w 600w 700c 6 musk and I've gained like 150 elo in a day, lol. I was close to breaking 1600 before I went back to playing Russia again. They are just ridiculously strong and extremely easy to play. Manors, musk huss, pressure, and then right click, or age. They are also so forgiving-- you can take less than optimal fights and just bounce right back because of your monster early eco from manors.

I'm sure at the higher levels people know how to counter them well and there are diminishing returns to how strong they are, but down here at the shitter trashcan level, they really just let you stomp everyone and anyone. I feel like I finally figured out a secret of aoe3, haha.
Korea South Miyawaki Sakura
Dragoon
ESO: April

Re: brits are really the strongest civ lol

Post by Miyawaki Sakura »

It won't be long before the Brits realize they can't beat Russia and India
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

Brit are the hardest civ because of manual macro and micro.

If you thought Brit are easy you should try Dutch logistician and make halbs which Brit doesn't even have a single unit which deals with them, the halbs.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

Miyawaki Sakura wrote: ↑
26 Oct 2022, 04:52
It won't be long before the Brits realize they can't beat Russia
Is that true on this new patch? With bad boyars? It was quite close even with strong boyars. Brits should win in late age II now due to better units i think. Russia cant play late colonial successfully anymore imo. Have to age. Brits can.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

I beat India, didn't get to play Russia yet. I think a big part of my ELO gain was just doing a consistent rush that was hard to deal with but also forgives mistakes and has a huge eco behind it. Pretty much every game I was rushing / pressuring and also significantly outgathering, which is not the same for other rushes where the margin is a lot slimmer
Spain Synchro
Musketeer
Clan: TCP

Post by Synchro »

India is a stronger Brit so it is a favorite match for India but it is not closed for India.
Starsky: Think, always think what you can improve... There is sooo much room for improvement, which most guys simply dont see, because they just use very strong bos and units combos (wws only --> easy and toooo strong). (2006)
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

callentournies wrote: ↑
26 Oct 2022, 05:27
Brit are the hardest civ because of manual macro and micro.

If you thought Brit are easy you should try Dutch logistician and make halbs which Brit doesn't even have a single unit which deals with them, the halbs.
Wow this is one of the reasons I stopped playing. my british laming was stopped cold by some halbs. was it you I was playing against? :hmm:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Italy MaxMagous
Skirmisher
ESO: MaxMagous

Post by MaxMagous »

think I said it before but imagine, just imagine brits didn't exist and devs announce a new civ that gets one villager per house so you effectively get 2 tcs for a while since age 1 and each extra vill that spawns also gives you 10 pop space and an absurd amount of LOS. People have raised riots for 180w houses that trickle half a vill worth of food, or houses that need to be on top of resources far out on the map and also deplete resources. People accept brits only because brits in the game since forever. Civ has an unmatchable civ bonus. Your best way to boom is shipping wood crates back to back which is what any given civ ever ships in a pinch or to go aggressive or to go defensive. It's insane. No, India is not favoured vs brits, no russia isn't. No civ is. Brits has always been by far the strongest civ in the game, in both 1v1 and team. The silver lining is that it has a relatively high skill ceiling as compared to stuff like e.g. spain
look wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2022, 08:55
Kaiserklein wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2022, 07:42
Well nvm, none of these dates work for me
who care? unfortunately, one must decide to be an aoe3 pro or not
Spain Synchro
Musketeer
Clan: TCP

Post by Synchro »

MaxMagous wrote: ↑
26 Oct 2022, 20:54
think I said it before but imagine, just imagine brits didn't exist and devs announce a new civ that gets one villager per house so you effectively get 2 tcs for a while since age 1 and each extra vill that spawns also gives you 10 pop space and an absurd amount of LOS. People have raised riots for 180w houses that trickle half a vill worth of food, or houses that need to be on top of resources far out on the map and also deplete resources. People accept brits only because brits in the game since forever. Civ has an unmatchable civ bonus. Your best way to boom is shipping wood crates back to back which is what any given civ ever ships in a pinch or to go aggressive or to go defensive. It's insane. No, India is not favoured vs brits, no russia isn't. No civ is. Brits has always been by far the strongest civ in the game, in both 1v1 and team. The silver lining is that it has a relatively high skill ceiling as compared to stuff like e.g. spain
Why is India not favored? Russia I can understand you go mono cav and eat it.
Starsky: Think, always think what you can improve... There is sooo much room for improvement, which most guys simply dont see, because they just use very strong bos and units combos (wws only --> easy and toooo strong). (2006)
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

where's brit tourney data. it's not a very popular pick
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
No Flag a forum ghost
Musketeer

Post by a forum ghost »

Yeah, I think I made post about that a while ago when I was still playing.

Brits is the biggest noob crutch at my level. (About 1700, trying to keep it on the top 100)

It's so easy to play it. Just do houses, musks + huss and z move. If the opponent somehow gets so age 3, longbow will still kill skirm + goon and your uber eco will just steam roll it. I feel like pretty much anyone can be 1600-1700 by doing that.

I don't think other legacy civ is comparable to the strength Brits have.

Dutch are strong as hell as well, but they are restricted. You sort of limited to very specific build orders. Can't just do some random build and be fine, like you can sort of do with Brits. Plus longbow eats skirms and ruyters for breakfast, so...

Japan can be played in a similarly bot-ish style when using torii gates (Do ashis, add nagi and z move), but is not as strong as Brits.
And for the life of me I just could not make the heavingly kami build work. I always get either stuck on age 2 doing shrines while my opponent is on age 3 and I get outched, or I do get to age 3 with like 80 shrine pop and I keep wondering why the hell I even shipped heavingly kami.

I also remember that some months ago when I stopped playing for a while I noticed on how strong hauds are. But I think even they will struggle vs Brits, because if you stay on age 2 Brits can do musk from like 3 barracks, and you just can't produce as much tomahawks. And on age 3, again longbow kills both skirm and goons units, which are hauds best units.

So yeah. Nowadays we might have some new civs that are more lamer, but Brits surely is the best legacy civ.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

After last patch French is probably the best legacy civ. Or Otto. Or India actually.
Image Image Image
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

it's port
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

27 Oct 2022, 02:10
After last patch French is probably the best legacy civ. Or Otto. Or India actually.
I like that shipment that gives you six shipments
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

duckzilla wrote: ↑
27 Oct 2022, 06:03
I like that shipment that gives you six shipments
How quickly can you get that many? the tech requires you to already have researched a bunch of techs/shipped shipments to spike so much immediately.

Also what people kinda forget is that this is a royal house that's map dependent but generally available to all. France just gets the card option cause it's the same country, for the cost of a shipment.
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

French vs Port is a 20-80 match-up now.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

ShinkuroYukinari wrote: ↑
27 Oct 2022, 07:51
How quickly can you get that many? the tech requires you to already have researched a bunch of techs/shipped shipments to spike so much immediately.

Also what people kinda forget is that this is a royal house that's map dependent but generally available to all. France just gets the card option cause it's the same country, for the cost of a shipment.
It's rather something for late-game after ~15-20 minutes. However, it guarantees another power spike. You could ship 20-24 cuirs with it with just using the infinite age IV shipment.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

27 Oct 2022, 02:46
it's port
Non-water?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

fei123456 wrote: ↑
27 Oct 2022, 08:29
what changed exactly to make ports extremely favorite?
Image Image Image
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

27 Oct 2022, 12:39
fei123456 wrote: ↑
27 Oct 2022, 08:29
what changed exactly to make ports extremely favorite?
The 2v/TC trickle and 3 organ card (however the FI is substantially nerfed since infinite 3 organ gun cost 200c now).

You can do 13v 700c ff with 2v 2 cow and don’t need 500f age up.
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Well that's barely an improvement on an old strat, certainly doesn't swing a MU into 80-20 lol.
Also btw, Port FFs are usually better by just skipping the age1 card. This is more true vs a rush civ but also against other civs sending 1k wood or 1k gold or w/e in age3 is usually better.
The age1 card is more for age2 and semi FF games.
Image Image Image
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

You’re just wrong IMO. It’s playing legacy port with +8v when you reach III (slow age) at 7 min which is hardly “barely” an improvement. 6 of those bill are trickles that don’t take pop and also trickle a TP worth of xp. Gone are days port struggles to 3 tc produce and make military. 3 organ is more than 1.5x times better than 2 organ. Buffed healers buffs this card further. And the five elite shotel to age 3 is good tempo and adds versatility in lieu of 6 cass. You also have the old port buffs of attack and hp cards in III and II for cass, and halb combat if that’s you’re thing (it’s mine).

You have the xp to send trickle, 700c, 700w, and have an age 3 card. It solves ports weakness. Cake and eat it too.

Freaky said it best when he said if port had 3v you’d still send the trickle card instead of 3v, since it becomes 4v and 6v so fast.
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

I’ve also been doing a 20 musk 3 organ semi FI. I send trickle then 7 sheep and livestock wagon in age 1. Age 2v 2 cow. I still have xp to send 700c immediately on age up, 700w, 3 organ, 1k coin (sheep are fat now). 2nd tp in transition to II or with 700w. You reach IV at 11:45, age with 2 organ (1k coin may be better for culv), send 2 HC, ship musk combat, get royal guard musk.
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Post by alistairpeter »

I've always known brits are strong, but they just feel so boring to play and don't have any skirms (my favorite unit). I like to troll with brit piro FF which is possible with GMT card age one if you build an early TP. Age up with coin tower just like spain, send 700c and age up by 7.10 or sooner. Send falcs and highlanders to forward tower, usually have about 19-20 vills. Eco very bad for Brits, but can do a lot of unexpected damage, fall back and send 8 vills or 1k wood. The xp income with 2 tps and random vills just for making pop space makes it a pretty fun build even if it's probably weaker than all of the standard Brit openings. It actually does well vs India if you can hide the tower and catch him in age 2 with falcs in his base, followed by 8 inf skirm bc of church card.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

27 Oct 2022, 16:58
I’ve also been doing a 20 musk 3 organ semi FI. I send trickle then 7 sheep and livestock wagon in age 1. Age 2v 2 cow. I still have xp to send 700c immediately on age up, 700w, 3 organ, 1k coin (sheep are fat now). 2nd tp in transition to II or with 700w. You reach IV at 11:45, age with 2 organ (1k coin may be better for culv), send 2 HC, ship musk combat, get royal guard musk.
27 Oct 2022, 16:58
Most of this stuff was already possible by skipping the age1 card or with eco theory. The trickle card is a marginal improvement as it is like 2-3 more vills over eco theory by the time you have all 3 TCs up and a 6 or so vill improvement over skipping the card, at the cost of one shipment. The eco isn't usually the problem with Ports anyway. Not after the +5% food gathering thing for sure. Having more eco helps nonetheless.

The 2v 2cow thing is also misleading. It is an improvement over 500f (not sure vs a rush) but it cannot replace 400w which you need if you want to semi FF. And the semi FF/FI imo is still better in many MUs imo.

Having shotel indeed helps because they do fine vs huss so the opponent can't immediately delete your age up units (and you can defend the new TC to some extent).

But even all things combined don't make a MU 80-20 lol.
Image Image Image