Treaty hidden cup 2.0

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Germany JulianK
ESOC Pro Team
EPL Reigning Champs

Treaty hidden cup 2.0

Post by JulianK »

Hello everyone, pretty much 3 years after the first treaty hidden cup concluded in 2020 I want to prepare everyone for round 2. Over the years treaty has had its high and low player peaks and right now we're hitting another big peak at the top. More players playing at "top level" than arguably ever before with skills being at absolute maximum. In 2020 we arranged it as a top 8 tourney with randomized team mates in team of 2 which lead to some of the very best treaty games I have ever played.

Mapwise I am not 100% sure yet whether I prefer andes-only or a diverse map pool. Usually diversity is cool, but realistically speaking any treaty game that has ever been "unforgettable" is an andes game so I'm not sure here.

My current top 8 players would be Zivearia/Conquerer99/TheNameDaniel/Meisduhbest/Voltigeur/Rachnar/AJIV and myself. Whether that remains the final list will probably be determined within the AOEMC admins, but it's a possible first look.

Prizepoolwise I'm not sure we even need one to enforce competition, but if someone would like to support the project and bring in some extra spice, feel free to reach out to me about it. Generally speaking I'd be willing to run this without a prizepool tho as I'm enjoying the entire treaty environment as is right now and I can tell all of those players will redefine the expression "tryharding" when put into a competition together.

Let me know what you think, definitely openminded towards constructive feedback & possible casters.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Re: Treaty hidden cup 2.0

Post by dicktator_ »

1. In order for players to be motivated to play their best games and schedule matches quickly, a prize pool is probably required. But it shouldn’t be difficult to raise one.

2. Maybe a qualifier for the last two players

3. I’d prefer a 1v1 tournament this time, but wouldn’t mind 2v2 if that’s what most people want

4. Andes every game is probably fine. It would be great if we could have an improved version (just a bigger 1v1 map would be great) for the tournament. But maybe if some of the new maps are good it could be cool to try those

5. Copy aoe2 Hidden Cup here. Cast the finals live and cast all other matches from recs in the days before the finals This way it maintains a sense of mystery for the players up until the finals. All aoe3 hidden cups have messed this up and it’s annoying (to be fair DE recs have issues).

6. More interesting/funnier names than campaign characters (no offense, I completely understand why they did that for the sup hidden cup)

7. If we wanted to increase sense of mystery even more, we could play every match on either N.A. East or EU server (all disadvantaged players would have to agree ofc)
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Kanyenke west
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

I will not stop suggesting this until "Urtoe" or "Yourtoe" is used in one of these
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

"Queen_Isabella_(Medium)"