aoede...

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
France vidner
Crossbow
ESO: _bob_
Clan: tpink

aoede...

Post by vidner »

hi yo everyone

back from 2006 etc,

I wondered why 40% of my saved games can no longer be viewed because after a second; they stop.
it's not due to tonight's patch but 75% of my games tonight are not possible to watch while they have been recorded.
I have the impression that they managed to make a less good game when 2006 or after 3 extensions in all we could see any game...
if someone can give me a concrete answer to the problem posed or if the devs are ... no need to add more
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Re: aoede...

Post by Aykin Haraka »

the devs are ...
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

Some oos issues with the new patch some people are saying. I’m sure they’re on it, or post about your issues nicely on official forums.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

Some recordings from the previous patch worked for me
France vidner
Crossbow

Post by vidner »

callentournies wrote: ↑
15 Mar 2023, 12:51
Some oos issues with the new patch some people are saying. I’m sure they’re on it, or post about your issues nicely on official forums.
It's not an oos problem since it's been going on since the beginning of the game. And it's completely random, one evening I would have 5 rec and they can be viewed without any problem and in another evening 4 out of 5 will be unseen.
15 years ago it worked perfectly, now it's more than unstable... What happened? there has been a technological regression... :biggrin:
France vidner
Crossbow

Post by vidner »

Don Nameless wrote: ↑
15 Mar 2023, 13:45
I have too just tested a game dating from 12/12/2022 and it works perfectly.
That's why it's completely paradoxical and it's completely random...
In short, it doesn't work properly....
France vidner
Crossbow

Post by vidner »

15 Mar 2023, 13:45
OK I just tried to see a few games before the patch and all of them stop for different reasons before the end and very quickly or after 10 minutes etc.
I invite you to do the same.
why suggest something that doesn't work?
why make a game worse than before? ok graphically it's better but for an rts who care?
I can not understand.
For a competitive game, you have to be able to catch the games of pro tournaments etc ... to progress etc; I'm going to be bullshit but it's twitch or utube who bought the rights to a game hehe
joking aside it's a shame
end of story
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

I downloaded and saw the game of the previous patch that of kynisie against the so called Chinese cheater now I don't know if it was played on the beta because esoc no longer updates the game version of the recordings, I will try to see if other recorded games will work. In the past the same thing happened to me too and I think it still doesn't change even if sometimes some games work even after 1 or 2 game versions and it's very strange while sometimes games of the same version go out of sync.
For a competitive game it doesn't quite work here and it lacks many key features but from what I understand it wasn't built to be competitive and most of the community either doesn't want to be competitive or repudiates it in every sense.
India iron_turtle
Skirmisher
ESO: iron_turtle

Post by iron_turtle »

I think older game recs won't work on new patches. TAD games even less so. You probably have to watch it in the same patch it was played on. There was a tool mentioned on this forum which helps selecting a patch on steam.
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

iron_turtle wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2023, 04:31
I think older game recs won't work on new patches. TAD games even less so. You probably have to watch it in the same patch it was played on. There was a tool mentioned on this forum which helps selecting a patch on steam.
It works but I had to sacrifice all the unlocked avatars and I think I also had to reset some settings :cry:
France vidner
Crossbow

Post by vidner »

16 Mar 2023, 07:43
It works but I had to sacrifice all the unlocked avatars and I think I also had to reset some settings :cry:
make it to close the subject, the devs are not competent enough or lack money or both at the same time...
I had so many weird bugs on this game that I wouldn't go into details xD
In short, what is aberrant is to propose something in the game that works correctly at around 75%, a bit as if there were a 5v5 or 6v6 mode in which 25% of the games could never start. And it's not a question of competitive play but of goodwill

A stupid example, I was able to watch a game from Nov 17, 2009 with the links below, and not be able to watch my last 1vs1 last night xD
Afterwards I believe I had 3 different situations for the error messages.

The first and most common is "invalid part" the game does not even start hehe when it was completely correct.

The second is "the game starts and after 3 sec or even 10 min, it stops with the following message "desync etc"".
The third is "the game starts and after 2 or 3 seconds "error text" and it cuts the game".

reference 2009

https://www.rts-sanctuary.com/Age-Of-Em ... try1495558
India iron_turtle
Skirmisher
ESO: iron_turtle

Post by iron_turtle »

I think its just not possible on technical level. The record game files are basically instructions for every move of the game which play at runtime. For it to support playing all old games, the game will have to have all previous copies of game code. And in the jump from TAD to DE, so much internal code would have changed.
Errors on recent rec game must be the bug of new patch, as is tradition with DE patches.
France vidner
Crossbow

Post by vidner »

nah it's not because of the patch, it's a bug that exists since the beginning of the game "aoe3de", and again; it's completely random.
It can go a week without any problems and another week where 50% of the recs cannot be viewed.
Last night I had to play 5 games and only one was unwatchable, the others were correct....
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

vidner wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2023, 11:44
16 Mar 2023, 07:43
make it to close the subject, the devs are not competent enough or lack money or both at the same time...
I had so many weird bugs on this game that I wouldn't go into details xD
In short, what is aberrant is to propose something in the game that works correctly at around 75%, a bit as if there were a 5v5 or 6v6 mode in which 25% of the games could never start. And it's not a question of competitive play but of goodwill

A stupid example, I was able to watch a game from Nov 17, 2009 with the links below, and not be able to watch my last 1vs1 last night xD
Afterwards I believe I had 3 different situations for the error messages.

The first and most common is "invalid part" the game does not even start hehe when it was completely correct.

The second is "the game starts and after 3 sec or even 10 min, it stops with the following message "desync etc"".
The third is "the game starts and after 2 or 3 seconds "error text" and it cuts the game".

reference 2009

https://www.rts-sanctuary.com/Age-Of-Em ... try1495558
I did, (I intend to use external tool to roll back to rec game version) but it's annoying, long and complex procedures that can get stuck and you have to redo them.
You're my friend bob, I hadn't noticed, you're here too :smile: .
The most frustrating thing is that after playing you can't see the rec game because the first mistake you mentioned happens, an absurd thing that makes me very angry. If I'm supposed to play "competitive" and I lose a game and have to watch the game to figure out what went wrong I can't do it because there's an unfixable bug.
In the new patch I even saw a bug where an error saying "exhausted video card memory" comes out and it goes out to all players and if you press ok it makes you quit the game.