current ways to play Inca?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

current ways to play Inca?

Post by Squamiger »

Been watching some recs from EPL and it seems like a standard way to play them is 3v->2 warhuts in base -> 5v -> chicha brewing, and just try to full boom to 200 pop kancha house, turtle, and mass bowmen and chimus.

This has worked pretty well for me against people playing somewhat passive. But how should I modify this to deal with a hard rush or a hard, aggro, spain FF? Replace 5v or chicha brewing with military shipments? Or just wall up super hard? Or do something completely different?
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Re: current ways to play Inca?

Post by Challenger_Marco »

:nwc:
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon
ESO: Yukietty

Post by Yukietti »

Squamiger wrote:
21 May 2023, 00:43
Been watching some recs from EPL and it seems like a standard way to play them is 3v->2 warhuts in base -> 5v -> chicha brewing, and just try to full boom to 200 pop kancha house, turtle, and mass bowmen and chimus.

This has worked pretty well for me against people playing somewhat passive. But how should I modify this to deal with a hard rush or a hard, aggro, spain FF? Replace 5v or chicha brewing with military shipments? Or just wall up super hard? Or do something completely different?
Hey, I would suggest aging with 3 Priestess if you are really sure that your opponent is hard rushing then sending 2 WH first after that if he is still trying to pressure, you can send military cards. Build your Kancha Houses in front like they are walls also use your Town Center big button to get pikes if you see any cavalry units otherwise just train bows from WH you sent and shot behind the houses also don't lose your explorer and poke your enemy with his explorer ability. Aging with 3 Priestess can slow your boom down so do it if only you are expecting an all in rush.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

@Yukietti thanks, ill give that a try.
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

Challenger_Marco wrote:
21 May 2023, 00:44
@Don Nameless
Am I the only survivor :lol: ? I didn't think I'd ever get tagged for that.
Available Man :chinese:
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

Squamiger wrote:

Basically the builds are varied, it varies a lot from what you want to do and what the opponent wants you to do so even if you start with an intention you often find yourself varying the strategy you had in mind to do and adapt. I usually base myself on a house boom trying to get to the maximum number of houses in a short time, I pass with 14v or 15v (depending) sending 3v as the first card and I pass with the age up which gives the first 2 wood ups I keep during the passage all on wood to make as many houses as possible and if I'm sure I don't get rushes or incursions I skip the warhut I play 600w and then the card to upgrade the houses and after that I use the 2 warhut card (definitely an age up situation or before age up but often don't use it as I have all the wood needed to make 1 or 2 warhuts and then ship 700c to go to 3 ages first) usually they never let me do what I want so during transition to 2 age I make 2 houses and a warhut and scout what he does so I adapt to what he does (As inca you are not always command the game but in some match ups it is the opposite).

To counter a hard rush I pass with 14v (I eat the blade for timing and find at least 1 treasure of food to not have tc idle, same age passage written on) I scout the opponent a lot about where he is positioned, what he will bring me, with what has passed and what expeditions are you playing (the casqui are useful for this so I never throw them away and I always use them in useful positions) and therefore you only cut 2 squares and prepare a warhut based on it, however the warhut must be placed in a logical position thinking that surely at 100% you will add a 2 warhut, you will have to put the houses in a semicircle creating narrow passages and 3 passages 2 lateral and 1 forward where you will have to pass with the chimu to encircle or with the pike in the narrow passages obviously you will place the archers, the houses must stay always in the range of the tc as much as possible then it is not always possible and the 2 warhuts or 1 warhut must stay behind these houses as an aid to the tc and the 2 warhut near the 1 so as to be able to place the archers there and in case of siege to have them take time. So your goal is to survive rush and if possible win it in 2 ages otherwise in 3 ages where inca seems to be very handsome, in extreme cases prepare the 2 warhut card and if the opponent is too fast cut a warhut and add 2 more you will see that he will stand back or try to get around you to keep you off base or he will go in 3 ages.
The 5v I usually hardly ever use seems to be cheaper 600w and card for houses and then go 3 ages asap, the 5v I only use to get more echo if I'm stuck in 2 ages.
There could also be an alternative but more for economy that instead of sending 600w you send 5v and it will give you more echo in the long run but I don't think the opponent is watching you make your boom (except if it's Italy).

Using military expeditions is obviously right, if he invests in units you could do the same (usually I send 6 archers and train 5 pikes because this way I will have an extra archer and if I need I will use the big button as soon as possible and send another 6 chimu or 5 pikes and I'll have a lot of mass), win the first fight or don't let him do any damage and boom immediately after him as soon as he sees that he can't win you in 2 ages he will go in 3 ages so wait for him and follow him, with the casqui scout his base and if you need to sacrifice one to see how many units it has and decide if you can safely age up or need to make more units. Building walls is never wrong if you want to defend yourself, walls are used to take the map and slow down its advance so they buy time but in itself I already have a wall of houses ahead so I would wall the sides so as not to be raided.

Passing in 2 ages with the priestesses I've been liking lately because you use civilization similar to the Aztecs only you can't make many priestesses and I often use them to get more xp or to have wood, I don't like this step if I have to rush or defend myself from a rush because it's too slow to start the economy i like to use it to boom or do ff and if i got so many treasures of xp i will also send the card 2 priestesses in 2 ages and prepare for the long game the card 5 priestesses in 3 age.

I hope I have been clear with an often unclear English and have clarified all the doubts, obviously I'm not a pro but I think I have understood how to use this civilization and make the most of it by trying to eliminate or reduce its weak points. :chinese:

P.S.: Obviously I didn't write all the possible builds and variants but I tried to give you a general point of civilization, the build that is often practiced in 2 ages and how to counter a fast rush. :smile:
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

Squamiger wrote:

I forgot to write if they ff.
If they do ff you simply do a semi ff I often do like this: 14v first card 3v, change of age always what I wrote on or alternatively 2 carts travois for 2 tp (but you will have a weaker economy), cuts 3/4 houses skip the warhut send 600w, make as many houses as possible (if you can add a market and get hunting dogs otherwise skip for the 3 age, with the alternate step after you will need the market for wood ups) send 700c and go to 3 ages now here you can skip the house card or send it in transition if you have one shipment the other is coming to you, often in 3 ages if i don't need timing i go through 1 shipment so i recover 1 shipment and invest in the house card during the transition, during the transition cut a warhut and train what you need, I often send out shipments of 500c chimu to get the falconets straight away and bring him back and then add archers and some pikes, I think there will definitely be alternative strategies and then it depends from civ to civ and from the map.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

My advice on Inca is to not play campy civs and everyone will be happy