ESOC Challengers League S2 - Gameplay Rules

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

ESOC Challengers League S2 - Gameplay Rules

Post by Challenger_Marco »

The league stage consists of a Round Robin tournament. Each team will face every other team through 5 weeks of play. Team Managers competing against each other in the next week will agree on Match Pairings for their players and submit their starting roster to the admins no later than the deadline of the current week. In case two Team Managers cannot come to an agreement in regards to the Match Pairings, both managers will submit their rosters to an admin through PM and the admin will create the Match Pairings for the week.

When the week starts, players will face off against their respective opponent in a Play-all-5 series. This means all 5 games of a series will be played out, even if a player is ahead 3-0 in the match.

For example:
Maps: Map Pool 1 (Gran Chaco / Florida / Alaska / Mendocino / Arizona)
The Nilla Ninjas will lock civilizations first in Game 2.

The Nilla Ninjas (11) vs Somali Kabuli Gaming (14)
diarouga (4) vs Hazza54321 (1)
Conquerer999 (1) vs SomppuKunkku (4)
Stanley_Winston (0) vs iamturk (5)
Chusik (3) vs Yurashic (2)
SirCallen (3) vs tedere12 (2)

The Nilla Ninjas would earn 11 game wins towards their season total, and Somali Kabuli Gaming would earn 14 game wins.
Map Pool & Civilization Rules

The ESOC Challengers League Map Pool is comprised of 13 different maps. These 13 maps are divided up into 6 unique map pools that will be assigned to a team pairing each week. For example, during Week 1, Team A will play Team B on Map Pool 3.The map pools are as described below.

During a given week, the map pool is the same for all players in a team pairing. For example, every series in The Nilla Ninjas vs Mandarin Duck Squad matchup will be played on Map Pool 1. This is so that teammates can help each other practice and plan strategies for each individual map. There will be no map vetoes in the ECL. To know which map pools you will be playing on each week, take a look at the Tournament Schedule.

The maps included in the map pool are or also included from Downloadable Content of AOE3 DE (African Royals and Knights of the Mediterranean) . Players are required to install them as prerequisite.

Civilization rules will operate the same way as in the EPL S4. As usual, players will agree on a civilization matchup in Game 1. After that, all players of a certain designated team will lock civilizations first in Game 2, regardless of whether or not the player won Game 1. The other team will lock first in Game 3, the designated team will lock first in Game 4, and the other team will lock first in Game 5. In essence, these rules provide more predictability to each series, making it easier for teams to practice strategies together.

Italy is banned. The use of Mosque Constructions , Light Gun Carriages cards are banned. There will be no civilization reset . This means that a player must play 5 unique civilizations .

For more information on the map pools for each week and which team will lock civilizations first in Game 2, take a look at the tournament schedule.

Playoffs

At the end of the league stages, there will be a playoffs involving the top 2 teams in Total Game Wins. In the event of a tie in the standings, the following criteria is used for breaking ties.

• # of Weeks Won >
• Result of the week where the two vying teams played against each other

Instead of Play-all-5 series', the playoffs will be constituted of Play-all-7 series', meaning there will be up to 35 games played. For a team to win the playoffs, they must rack up 18 game wins. Additionally, 4 unique civilizations must be played before a civ reset will occur going into Game 5. The #1 seeded team will pick their civilization first in game 2.

The winning team of the playoffs will be declared the victors of the ESOC Challengers League, and have the 67% of the tournament prize pool divided evenly among its members. Members will also receive the illustrious ECL Reigning Champs badge. The 2nd place team of the playoffs will have 33% of the tournament prize pool divided among its members.

General Rules & Guidelines

Click Here
:nwc:
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Re: ESOC Challengers League S2 - Gameplay Rules

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

The use of Fixed Guns ,Heavy fortifications, Mosque Constructions ,Sweden Light Gun Carriages & Battleships are banned. WTF is this? xD
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 16:20
The use of Fixed Guns ,Heavy fortifications, Mosque Constructions ,Sweden Light Gun Carriages & Battleships are banned. WTF is this? xD
welcome to the future where turtling is no longer meme and every game is 40 minutes
United States of America Astro Rabby
Crossbow

Post by Astro Rabby »

What is meant by mosque constructions? Certainly mosques themselves are allowed otherwise Ottomans would be unplayable.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

Astro Rabby wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 19:33
What is meant by mosque constructions? Certainly mosques themselves are allowed otherwise Ottomans would be unplayable.
It is a card in age 3 which makes mosque technologies cheaper.

French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

i would have been happy if these rules were in the epl tbh ( except the sweden one )
Image Image
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
can someone explain it better?

fixed guns = understood
Heavy Fortifications = fort?
Mosque Constructions = understood after explanations
Sweden Light Gun Carriages, I dont understand nothing about swe, what this mean? & Battleships
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
United States of America Astro Rabby
Crossbow

Post by Astro Rabby »

look wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 22:30
I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
can someone explain it better?

fixed guns = understood
Heavy Fortifications = fort?
Mosque Constructions = understood after explanations
Sweden Light Gun Carriages, I dont understand nothing about swe, what this mean? & Battleships
I believe heavy fortifications is a card that grants all outpost and fort upgrades for free, and the battleship is a special ship some euro civs can send with a card. Light gun carriages is a card that upgrades the leather cannons into infantry guns an age early for free and reduces train time.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

Stating the obvious but FYI @Challenger_Marco @EliteRifleman @GKShaman @Jaegerchere @dutchdude117 gameplay rules need to be decided before the draft tomorrow, so managers know what they’re working with and as it may even affect sign ups.

@shakeaoe @shake2020 @LionHeart and whoever else who said they will unsign up based on what rules are decided, hope that can be coordinated before draft too. Bit 13th hour these rules changes are.

If a player is drafted that doesn’t intend to play the whole draft is ruined
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

What do you mean with Battleships banned? Is that a card or you actually mean all marine military?
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

Currently we are taking votes for the current banned list ,subject to change. Yes it will be decided before the auction.

@aligator92 Battleship is available in age 4 & cost 1000g and it is a mercenary warship.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

Updated the gameplay rules from poll results Italy ,Mosque Constructions & light gun carriages will be banned.
No Flag Ev0lution
Crossbow

Post by Ev0lution »

Just to clarify, the Battleship is totally banned? Not just as a card from the home city, but trained from the dock when allied to a Royal House?
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

Ev0lution wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 17:54
Just to clarify, the Battleship is totally banned? Not just as a card from the home city, but trained from the dock when allied to a Royal House?
It's not banned. Players can use it.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Can we get a post about the auction/teams?