Statement about Revnak

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Statement about Revnak

Post by Guigs »

During the past few weeks/months, it has been brought to our attention that Revnak as committed several actions against ESOC :

- Leaked a confidential chat between a tournament admin and players in King of The Old World tournament on his personal stream.

- Spread misinformation to undermine ESOC and its staff regarding :

1) An admin decision during King of the Old World tournament, breaking the COC "Openly discuss the actions of the staff" (See: viewtopic.php?p=584970#p584970).
2) Dori's companion app and ESOC involvment.

- Blackmailed several ESOC staff members in order to get some action taken to its advantage :
1) During EPL Season 4 by threatening to not play anymore and leaving the EPL discord, which canonically results in a tournament ban (See: Disqualification Rules Section 5.6 viewtopic.php?p=347108#p347108).
2) Towards forums and twitch chat management, threatening to remove his guides if no action was taken by the staff.

- Intentionally excluded ESOC staff members from discussions, to neutralise any potential unfavourable criticism.

- Created a forum account to advocate for himself under the name "TheLastShot", disrespecting the rule regarding smurf accounts.

- Insulted several admin staff members and disrespected their decision

- Was racist towards a player.

As a result of the above mentioned actions, the moderation decided to exclude Revnak from all ESOC related activities, more specifically :
- Permanent ban on ESOC forums
- Permanent ban on ESOCTV Twitch channel
- Permanent ban from ESOC official discord
- Exclusion from all ESOC hosted tournaments
- Removing the promotion of his twitch channel on ESOC forums siderbar.

These sanctions will apply at the same time this statement gets released.
To avoid any witch-hunt and character assassination, evidence can be provided upon request.
Be respectful in the comment section, any kind of attack will be deleted and the thread will be locked.
Italy MaxMagous
Skirmisher
ESO: MaxMagous

Re: Statement about Revnak

Post by MaxMagous »

Ty
look wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 08:55
Kaiserklein wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 07:42
Well nvm, none of these dates work for me
who care? unfortunately, one must decide to be an aoe3 pro or not
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Can you elaborate on this?

1) An admin decision during King of the Old World tournament, breaking the COC "Openly discuss the actions of the staff" (See: viewtopic.php?p=584970#p584970).
Image Image Image
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Garja wrote:
31 May 2023, 20:10
Can you elaborate on this?

Revnak claimed that Dori's app was being taken by external parties (ESOC).

ESOC never had the intention to steal Dori's work . Dori's last message at the time was very vague and it was unsure he will return or not.
His website however was very popular and everyone wanted it back or someone continue his from where he left.
He had shared his code on Github and the license clearly mentioned people can re-use of his code.

While we were discussing this situation, some of it was leaked to Revnak and hence the spreading of lies/misinformation from him particularly targetting ESOC.
After that, Dori was unhappy and it was shutdown as he requested and we respected it.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i dont think ive heard breeze lie once
Australia PatrickLFC
Musketeer

Post by PatrickLFC »

Guigs wrote:
31 May 2023, 19:33

- Created a forum account to advocate for himself under the name "TheLastShot", disrespecting the rule regarding smurf accounts.
Good choice of name, as it turns out
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

i need an update on the breeze cycle, where are we again? have we done a full loop since last time?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I'm shocked that such an upstanding member of the community would engage in said behaviors, absolutely shocked.
Great Britain LionHeart
Skirmisher
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by LionHeart »

Have to say I'm shocked......at the length of time he managed to stay unbanned
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

Hmm, I'm confused, if revnak has been banned from the forum how can he make a defense with his lawyer if he can't write? So it's a closed channel with no defense but only attack.
How can I believe that he did all the points mentioned if there is no evidence shared in the accusation chat, like whoever tells me that what revnak says is true, haha I wish I had both points of view in real time would be more interesting so knowing the situation back and forth.
In itself, I know the person a little and on esoc he has never been a hit and we know his past.
Cayman Islands dukeitty
Crossbow

Post by dukeitty »

Cancel culture is lame af. Been following him for a year on twitch and texted him on discord and he seems a hell of a lot nicer than most of the community members.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

Nice post guigs. It’s liberating being freed from an unironic gaslighter who behave(s)(d) this way and was trying to amass influence over esoc behind the scenes. That feels weird to say, but for some reason people try to do these things.

This is a good chapter end and I am going to leave breeze be. The community has spoken. The consequences have been handed out and there’s no need to pursue a person who’s banished.

For folks wondering why, why this when Breeze acts nice to me. It doesn’t preclude him from acting the opposite of nice too, to others. It can even aid it. And when a person has no desire to stick to truths, and paints their audience a disingenuous picture, and cancels all outside thought, the audience will be misled. The person will appear correct. It does not make them correct. You’re free to think what you want, but this post has been a long time coming for a lot of us.

You want to remove the cancerous tumor, and don’t call the surgeon an agent of cancel culture when he does.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

it's a shame this didn't happen when it was important to happen, but at least it did in the end
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

the end of an era
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

@fightinfrenchman can offer some tips and tricks on how to cope with a permanent ban.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

I often wonder how the site would’ve changed for the better if Ear were made mod instead of banned.

Then I remember the crucification of jesus was necessary to save our souls.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Don Nameless wrote:
31 May 2023, 22:34
Hmm, I'm confused, if revnak has been banned from the forum how can he make a defense with his lawyer if he can't write? So it's a closed channel with no defense but only attack.
How can I believe that he did all the points mentioned if there is no evidence shared in the accusation chat, like whoever tells me that what revnak says is true, haha I wish I had both points of view in real time would be more interesting so knowing the situation back and forth.
In itself, I know the person a little and on esoc he has never been a hit and we know his past.
The way I see it is that the point of this thread is for us, not for Breeze. Guigs offered to provide the evidence to us, not a place for BreezeBrothers to refute the points. That was tried previously, all you have to do is look back at old posts to see how that went.
Ask for a specific point and we will see what we can do!
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

In my opinion it's healthier for the community to provide evidence on demand, rather than making everyone in the community a judge or feed the toxicity.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Guigs wrote:
31 May 2023, 19:33

Interesting if true.

As much as Breeze clearly isn't a fan of me, I hope that down the line he can chill and come back to the community. He was a good player and he could also be friendly when he wanted to. I know quite well how agitation can get the better of you.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

harcha wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 08:09
Don Nameless wrote:
31 May 2023, 22:34
The way I see it is that the point of this thread is for us, not for Breeze. Guigs offered to provide the evidence to us, not a place for BreezeBrothers to refute the points. That was tried previously, all you have to do is look back at old posts to see how that went.
Ask for a specific point and we will see what we can do!
Hi, I get the point of the thread.
I'd argue that we also have situations here that needed to be handled previously but haven't been fixed because they're listed here, like this:
"-Leaked a confidential chat between a tournament admin and players in King of The Old World tournament on his personal stream."
If there is I would like an example of this:
"- Intentionally excluded ESOC staff members from discussions, to neutralize any potential unfavourable criticism." i missed this part.
I don't understand what Revnak has to do with Dori, he was talking about his app and said he knew the story, to find out what he had to contact Dori otherwise he only heard a word of mouth from someone and therefore to know if revnak is true or false you have to hear what he says Dori and compare the two theories.
The remaining points I understand and I have seen it with my own eyes, this I think we cannot know as what happened behind the scenes where we are not allowed to look:
"- Insulted several admin staff members and disrespected their decision"
Well that's it by now so I don't think dropping a name here is a problem as the opposite of that can drop the charge regarding a lack of victim subject:
"- Was racist towards a player."

This is not a justification for the things Revnak did but simple questions on how this all came about to get a ban asking about evidence on an allegation and clarifying points that I am unclear or missed along the way as there is also an accusation from last year. :flowers:
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

Permanent ban? Not 1 year or 2 years or smth like that? I dont think that is a good idea, because it probably will lead to Revnak trying to think about methods how he could damage esoc. A 1 year ban maybe would lead to him thinking about how he could work together better with the community after that, to avoid another 1 year ban. If you ban him forever you certainly have him as an enemy from that point onwards.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

I really am a blind man lost in shooting on this post
it's a lot of headache for just one game, I also see the toxicity of all parties in this war of narratives and truths + lies.

no one is 100% sure about anything, as for revnak, whenever I asked for help or questions he answered me, unlike some others there who don't even make a point of answering..

I don't understand why you guys create all these unnecessary problems, when we could be planning how to solve and bring back the companion elo, and focus on good guides like fo guigs india

I think every problem is solved by ignoring it, and emphasizing what really matters, I hate unnecessary fights, and I will never be involved in that kind of thing, only healthy fights within the game.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

richard wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 11:12
Permanent ban? Not 1 year or 2 years or smth like that? I dont think that is a good idea, because it probably will lead to Revnak trying to think about methods how he could damage esoc. A 1 year ban maybe would lead to him thinking about how he could work together better with the community after that, to avoid another 1 year ban. If you ban him forever you certainly have him as an enemy from that point onwards.
I don't think that's a good argument for a lesser punishment
United States of America barker
Crossbow

Post by barker »

i mean everyone is free to do whatever they want on their own forums. revnak made a few low iq decisions for sure. but also "Insulted several admin staff members and disrespected...." kek, you can't insult the admins? I for sure can
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

People defending breeze in this thread are so naive. Sure he can be nice to some people, so what? I can also be nice to some people, give them tips, entertain with a stream or whatever. Doesn't mean I can't also be a cunt some other times, I think everyone knows that haha. The same applies to breeze, except it was to a point where most of the community prefers to have him banned
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..