Proof that there was no leaking of strats in EPL

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Proof that there was no leaking of strats in EPL

Post by Kaiserklein »

Context:

So right after I beat breeze in the EPL, Kévin sent me a couple screenshots of him bragging about how he'd 5-0 me so easily in our match. I found those funny and posted them myself on ESOC, which was pretty naive from me, as I didn't see his cheating accusations coming. Now that he's lost that series to me, pretending Kévin leaked strats to help me win the match unfairly is the only way he found to try and deny the loss and make me a bad rap.

It's annoying to even have to bother posting any sort of evidence, because I think anyone who watched the series can see there was no specific counter strats going on, and most people know that I haven't cheated nor had suspicious behaviour ever. But in breeze's chats there are new players, less active players, naive people and so on, who actually believe this nonsense. So there we go, I'll post my chat with Kévin so hopefully most of them stop believing him (I know, I'm probably being naive again). Please no flame, I don't want this thread to get locked (there are flames towards breeze in the evidence, but that was a private chat between Kévin and me).

Evidence:

First, here's a recording of me scrolling my chat with Kévin, just to show that the screenshot below isn't a fake or something:
And now, the said screenshot, so you can see the entirety of the chat more easily:
Spoiler

And here's the translation of the chat to English (you can check that it's accurate by translating it yourself online, or ask someone who speaks French), with the links to the screenshots:
Spoiler

Finally, here's me posting the recs in the EPL discord (it's a public discord, so it's easy to check if you want):
Spoiler

Analysis:

1. You can see that the last rec I posted was saved at 17:45, aka 5:45 PM.
2. My first message on the screenshot above, "damn at least I win the series", was sent at 5:46 PM. So that confirms our chat was after the series.
3. You can clearly see in this chat that when Kévin sends me the first 2 screenshots, it actually reminds me that he's in the same team as breeze ("ah right he's in your team lmao" and the following messages). If Kévin had leaked me strats, how would I not know he's in breeze's team? That shows Kévin didn't leak me anything prior to my series vs breeze.
4. The rest of the messages also show that this chat was just Kévin and me making fun of breeze being ridiculous. There's nothing about strats or anything.

Conclusion:

That's all there is to it. There was no cheating.

These screens are just the result of someone like breeze playing in a team event. That's why he was drafted for only 1200 coins or so, no one really wanted him, he's too annoying. Of course his team "mates" are gonna make fun of him, I mean look at these screenshots Kévin sent me, it's really cringe and ridiculous. Obviously I shouldn't have encouraged Kévin, nor posted the screens, again that was stupid from me. But the point is, there was no cheating and breeze is simply spreading lies.

Sorry for the wall of text, writing this was a pain in the ass. If you want to, feel free to share this thread to anyone who heard I'm a cheater.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: Proof that there was no leaking of strats in EPL

Post by Hazza54321 »

incroyable
Suriname kaister
Lancer
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: I Date My Cousin

Post by kaister »

Hello, unbiased third-party investigator here! First off, I would like to say my investigation finds @kevinitalien is not guilty of sharing strats to kaiser from the CMC discord. However, the investigation into how Kaiser won the series 3-2 is still ongoing. Nobody just beats the player of the millennium 3-2. We're not talking about a little ole tournament here, were talking about the guy who broke the grunt record. I'm not sure how Kaiser was able to do it, but the third party investigation remains open at this time. thank you for your time.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

my life would be so boring if i hadn't decided to buy aoe3 again on a steam sale in 2018
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

defeat comes in many forms and flavors, and too, its antithesis -- the cool cup of won. while MDS placed dead last in maps, the incredible 2-3 cope was too hard to handle, and brought upon a player a misfortune greater than that of any duck.

a wise manager manages not just for the season or only ever one goal -- but casts a wide net over many arrays. like this, the cup may runneth over even if the well is become dry. ducks jump & slide down slides.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Everyone knew it already except one certain delusional individual (who might just not believe it himself, just need to get the attention somehow, right)
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

I've already popped 3 packs of popcorn.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

the most " incroyable " thing is that he never talked about a strat that he could play against kaiser on the CMC chat lol

Anyways it's still my fault, it's me who took the initiative to send him these bait, but I didn't think that breeze would use it to accuse kaiser of cheating and even less to see him throwing lies bigger and bigger every day

But at least it's clear now...
Image Image
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

In case anyone cares here's even more proof that Kaiserklein didn't cheat, from our group chat with time stamps. Everything corroborates what Kaiserklein wrote here: viewtopic.php?p=585990#p585990

Map 1 - Expected Otto mirror

At first we expected Breeze to go Otto mirror on Hokkaido, because that's what he did on water maps against Mitoe and Optimus. I can confirm this further because I helped him practice the day before, and we practiced Otto mirror on Hokkaido. When Breeze first went Ethiopia Kaiser tried to get Germany VS it, but Breeze switched to India so Kaiser went back to Otto VS Ethiopia.

Map 2 - Expected ATP

Pretty straightforward, Kaiser expected ATP on Colorado, he didn't expect a sub 6 min FF with 2 TCs in the middle.

Wasn't much discussion for map 3 but again I had practiced with Kaiser the day before when practicing and I can pretty much confirm what he said in the post I linked. I told him I thought Breeze would go Malta on Karelian Lakes because that's what he did in his previous two series, and Kaiser told me he was expecting Breeze to go Ethiopia.

Map 4 - "Wish I didn't waste france"

Kaiser practiced China VS France on this map, but he wasn't comfortable locking China with opponent to counterpick since it wasn't one of his mains. Obviously if Kaiser knew 100% for sure what Breeze was going to do and had prepared counters, he wouldn't type something like "now i wish i didn't waste france on colorado though".

Map 5 - "i think im just gonna dutch as a comfort pick whatever"

He was thinking that Dutch sucks into Otto but went Dutch anyway as a comfort pick and because he was out of civs. If Kaiser had known about Breeze's civ plans he would've arranged his picks in a way so that he wouldn't have to Dutch VS Otto.

Like Kaiser said the people that need to see this probably won't see this. People that read ESOC posts and have followed ESOC tournaments for a while know that Kaiser would never cheat, and the people who do think Kaiser cheated probably won't look outside Breeze's circlejerk for evidence that he didn't. But on the off chance that one of them makes their way here and there's a chance they might change their minds, I wanted to add more proof.

Bonus screenshot: revnak doesn't even know the definition of "cheating"
Lukas_L99 wrote:
02 Jun 2023, 23:35
Everyone knew it already except one certain delusional individual (who might just not believe it himself, just need to get the attention somehow, right)
Sadly I was watching Breeze's most recent VOD, and there were people in his chat saying they thought Kaiser cheated. It's what made me want to make this post actually.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Thanks mate I appreciate it. Yeah some people actually believe breeze, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with this thread, even if it's unlikely they get to read it. He's just a sad guy.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Idk how you could've beat the GOAT without cheating. Maybe this kevin thing is meant to throw us off the scent and the real leaker was someone else. Time for a proper witch hunt imo
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

Proof that @Kaiserklein couldn't stay retired forever, happy to see you back sir!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

You may have cleared your name but you still lost all the time you spent writing up this post and backing it up with facts, timestamps and screenshots. It's insane how it takes x10 the amount of effort to clear up slander and misinformation with the truth. It's innocuous enough given what the stakes are here but imagine if this were about something important like vaccines or global warm- oh shit.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

The beef between these 2 is timeless.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.