Possible map hack

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Possible map hack

Post by Garja »

So up to now I would joke on the fact that osteo map hacks, but this time it was incredibly suspect. He's basically patroling near my base expecting something and exactly when the fort wagon pops up he immediately find it with the war chief and even corrects his way points with no LOS to track it (you can see from his pov by clickin on the war chief when he's approaching my TC).

Note that I never did this strat against him. I didn't even have the fort card till recently (ok this might be the case he's actively seeking for it) and the games we played before I wouldn't do this exact strat but rather hakka + grens. In fact I didn't even know myself when to actually send the fort in this build because it's the first time I try it in qs. I simply made up my mind while playing. This time I thought it was good to send it first since he FFed so by this point he must have no units.
It's also funny that he sent the pikes to hunt it, tho he usually send them blindly and it could just be that he's going to raid the torps on the gold mines, which is to be expected.
Attachments
[SP] Garjabaldi[SW] vs Inebilizumab[IC] - CentralAsia.age3yrec
(9.77 MiB) Downloaded 39 times
CentralAsia
CentralAsia
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Definitive Edition
Image Image Image
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Re: Possible map hack

Post by callentournies »

nope
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

You know the state of the gaem, community and most importantly content is disastrous when everybody is trying to spice up their aoe DE experience with maphack accusations
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

What do you mean spice up? I legit thought there was a good chance he was map hacking here. His WC movement is super sus and he's known to have been a MHer before
Image Image Image
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

I mean we already know that there is a possibility of hacking on DE (greatest Player from Florida Loki) it wouldnt be surprising when osteo would also use that Kind of hack but well, we do not have 100% evidences to call him out for that and tbf he sux too much atm to use hacks.
Spain pain train is real
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

Rohbrot wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 06:21
I mean we already know that there is a possibility of hacking on DE (greatest Player from Florida Loki) it wouldnt be surprising when osteo would also use that Kind of hack but well, we do not have 100% evidences to call him out for that and tbf he sux too much atm to use hacks.
this is the most gentle trash-talk i have ever seen
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

Doubt that he maphacks on DE. This rec didn't feel that sus just quickly looking at age 1 + the fort snipe. He just sent units to check mid map mine for torps, found nothing and rallied them towards your base and got lucky with the timing. He usually does very obvious stream snipes however
No Flag mirmydon
Musketeer

Post by mirmydon »

Rohbrot wrote:
hello sweety
more falc rod no brain
Israel Struggling Hedonist
Crossbow
ESO: LoveIsreal

Post by Struggling Hedonist »

tabben wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 17:24
Doubt that he maphacks on DE. This rec didn't feel that sus just quickly looking at age 1 + the fort snipe. He just sent units to check mid map mine for torps, found nothing and rallied them towards your base and got lucky with the timing. He usually does very obvious stream snipes however
I think you need to have another peek at the War Chief's movement just as the Fort Wagon arrives. It's obvious that it's highly likely he can see Sweden's point-of-view. The chance of three consecutive move-commands in particular being coincidental is tiny.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Its actually pretty conclusive that hes not maphacking, unless hes intentionally ignoring stuff to make it seem like he isnt or toggling it on and off.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

gibson wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 15:39
Its actually pretty conclusive that hes not maphacking, unless hes intentionally ignoring stuff to make it seem like he isnt or toggling it on and off.
How can you be this sure about him not maphacking?
Spain pain train is real
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

mirmydon wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 18:54
Rohbrot wrote:
hello sweety
more falc rod no brain
More falc rod no brain till i get bored
Spain pain train is real
Crossbow

Imagine actually watching the sequence in question (actually carefully looking at it) and coming to the conclusion that Inca is definitively not maphacking. Just wow!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Rohbrot wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 19:33
gibson wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 15:39
How can you be this sure about him not maphacking?
I mean you can never really be sure,but if he was maphacking why would he not put his explorer on an intercept course with the fort wagon and bring his pike to way way sooner?
No Flag mirmydon
Musketeer

Post by mirmydon »

Rohbrot wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 19:34
mirmydon wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 18:54
Rohbrot wrote:
hello sweety
more falc rod no brain
when u have no brain at all and no micro
best way
keep doing this sweety
game knowledge is something u can't have with no brain
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

mirmydon wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 04:59
Rohbrot wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 19:34
Show hidden quotes
best way
keep doing this sweety
Better than dropping to 1600 elo when playing inca xD
Spain pain train is real
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Garja wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 18:29
What do you mean spice up?
He thinks you made this whole post to gather clout/attention.
Garja wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 18:29
I legit thought there was a good chance he was map hacking here. His WC movement is super sus and he's known to have been a MHer before
And it makes sense to suspect that. I watched the sequence and it could be that he expected you to send the Fort so early in Fortress Age to gain map control after he spotted it in your deck the first time (you didn't choose this deck in other games you said). On the other hand it could be a map hack. I'm just glad you list the options he had ingame to explain his movement ingame instead of blindly accusing.

It was still a sad game to watch. In the early stages of the game you had like 25 Caroleans while he only had 5 Plumed Spearman. That could have lead to some nice containment from your side.
Crossbow

You people really should consider actually having a look at the movement (and the vision) of the WC around the time of the wagon arriving.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

We did lol and it literally just doesn't prove anything. The warchief waypoints look weird (but not conclusive) but it's probably just a coincidence at this point. Meanwhile he's not bringing his pikes until several seconds after the wagon is in his LOS. Pikes which btw were just checking coin mines that have no torps, which hints towards him not maphacking. And just zero sign of a maphack throughout the entire game as well. If that rec proves anything, you can probably find a similar one to accuse about anyone of maphacking.

And for the record all I'm saying is this specific rec doesn't show anything. Other than that, I know he MH'ed on nilla, obviously droptricked on TAD, and generally speaking is a serious contender for the title of largest moron to ever have launched this game.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag mirmydon
Musketeer

Post by mirmydon »

Rohbrot wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 07:34
mirmydon wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 04:59
Show hidden quotes
best way
keep doing this sweety
Better than dropping to 1600 elo when playing inca xD
u care to much about elo
that's why u just can abuse one of the best civ atm in ur whole little life
sad.
Crossbow

Kaiserklein wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 22:32
We did lol and it literally just doesn't prove anything. The warchief waypoints look weird (but not conclusive) but it's probably just a coincidence at this point. Meanwhile he's not bringing his pikes until several seconds after the wagon is in his LOS. Pikes which btw were just checking coin mines that have no torps, which hints towards him not maphacking. And just zero sign of a maphack throughout the entire game as well. If that rec proves anything, you can probably find a similar one to accuse about anyone of maphacking.

And for the record all I'm saying is this specific rec doesn't show anything. Other than that, I know he MH'ed on nilla, obviously droptricked on TAD, and generally speaking is a serious contender for the title of largest moron to ever have launched this game.
It depends on your idea of "proof". It doesn't prove maphacking beyond a reasonable doubt, but it does prove that it's highly likely.

Noone's saying that he has permanent & total map vision. The guy clearly either didn't know where the fort would go before it arrived, or has learned how to, on a basic level, conceal maphacking from 15 years of experience (note how the fort was never remotely in danger of making it). That's the far likelier explanation.

You'd have to be a dunce to think that it doesn't prove anything. You should know better than this, which is more than can be said for the other people to whom I replied, as well as those of us who liked your post—also Myrmidons.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Struggling Hedonist wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 11:04
Kaiserklein wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 22:32

It depends on your idea of "proof". It doesn't prove maphacking beyond a reasonable doubt, but it does prove that it's highly likely.

Noone's saying that he has permanent & total map vision. The guy clearly either didn't know where the fort would go before it arrived, or has learned how to, on a basic level, conceal maphacking from 15 years of experience (note how the fort was never remotely in danger of making it). That's the far likelier explanation.

You'd have to be a dunce to think that it doesn't prove anything. You should know better than this, which is more than can be said for the other people to whom I replied, as well as those of us who liked your post—also Myrmidons.
some big "the downvotes mean I'm right" energy here.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Everyone disagrees with me, it must be them thats wrong
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Basically in this game there are several ways to know someone cheating. 1) Real evidence such as watching the rec and the map is revealed, a player attacking units in fog of war, vils gathering res at impossible rates, units spawning in etc. 2) Overwhelming circumstantial evidence. A player always goes directly to the best treasures, always has his units in the right position without info, always generally making the right decisions without having info about when to age, what units to make etc. I'm not even sure if one single rec is enough to prove someone is cheating using #2, although it can make you fairly certain. You watch this game and you see the choices he's making make sense based on the info he has, and many don't make sense if he had all map info. Could someone be cheating and not using the info they're gathering, or just using it a small percentage of the time so as not to be suspicious? Sure, but this type of person you are unfortunately not really ever going to be able to catch. Someone who makes the right decision 1/50 times without info can easily attribute it to simple blind luck and it happens almost every single game with people who aren't cheating
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Everything is nice and cool, except you guys keep saying that blind luck or such "happens almost every single game with people who aren't cheating" which is simply not the case. I can't name one person that consistently finds every single villager exactly when they're moved to the next hunt or mine and I've played the game since forever. Actually one person comes to mind and guess what, he also MHed at one point. Surely you can have a playstyle that completely revolves around raiding opponent's eco but maybe that's exactly because you have some sort of extra vision.
Image Image Image