horse_feed's Lakota Guide

United States of America horse_feed
Crossbow
Clan: moin

horse_feed's Lakota Guide

Post by horse_feed »

As far as I've seen, there's never been a comprehensive Lakota guide written, so I wrote a guide to try to fill that gap. Please find it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bdZ ... sp=sharing.

As I explain in the Foreword, my Elo is not very high (~1700) but I wanted to try to address the gap regardless. Please either contact me or suggest a change directly in the document if you think there are mistakes to correct or improvements to be made!
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Re: horse_feed's Lakota Guide

Post by callentournies »

Nice email. I’ll be reaching out with business inquiries.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Impressive work, thanks a lot for sharing it :)

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Didn't read it all but looks like a great guide!
Image Image Image
Suriname kaister
Lancer
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: I Date My Cousin

Post by kaister »

Best age 1 option is typically to go for market tp + teepee. you can get all 3 and then still age 15v. make the teepee asap, all vils to wood. then make the market and get hd. at this point you chop for 100w and then buy 100w with your coin. you need to do some treasuring (you can sell 100f if you don't get any coin tres) but lakota age 1 is pretty good. So in total you need to chop/treasure 200w/75c but with 1 or 2 good treasures you can get that and then age fast and have a warhut down in time to get 4 axe in their base asap
Attachments
[SP] JAY[OT] vs Kaister[SI] - Arctic Territories.age3yrec
(8.28 MiB) Downloaded 121 times
Arctic Territories
Arctic Territories
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Definitive Edition
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

My contribution to your guide, where to build the teepee?
Turkey Kaleli
Crossbow
ESO: Kaleli
GameRanger ID: 8315306

Post by Kaleli »

Thanks a lot for the guide, Lakota needed some attention. I totally agree with the tp in age 1, atleast its better when u find some decent treasures which u will be for most of the time.
Taiwan JiaHoJian
Crossbow
ESO: Canyougiant

Post by JiaHoJian »

North America Trade has been moved from age 4 to age 3, but some decks in the guide have no more room for another age-3 card. What are the suggestions?
Really nice guide!
Germany WerewolfOr
Crossbow

Post by WerewolfOr »

Hey!
First of all, I am non native speaker, but I try my best.
I really enjoyed your guide, Lakota is such a nice civ.
I played vanilla and I only have about 500 Games and 1450 elo right now, so here are my 2 cents:
1.) The Old Ways card can be worth about 4250 res:
(battle Anger, Bonepipe, Coop, Gun Running, Gun Trade, Horsemanship, Tipi, Tokala, market XP, War Drum)
The training BBs aren't worth it, but most of the time, if you go Industrial it's about maxing an army and breaking a stalement and most BBs do this.
2.) Brawlers are a very specific topic, but the effect each card is comparable to the +15%/+15% cards
3.) The Age 4 Cheyenne Mercs is totally broken resourcewise if u have an cheyenne outpost and can upgrade them. They counter everything except HI
4.) If u try to optimized shipments, the 18 wakina and 2 WH seems to be worth lots of resources. But getting to Age 3 without a warhut is a bit risky. If u build one in colonial, getting 2 additional ones might be to much. Any ideas?
5.) Building more than one farm late game makes no sense at all:
Without upgrades, a villager makes 0,55 f/s on a farm (base + tipi)

25 dancers need max 2500 XP for the infinite 13 bisson shipment
They make 13,8 xp/s, so it takes 180 s for the shipment to arrive.
The 13 bissons are 13 x 500 f, so 6500f
Without farm or card upgrades u collect 1 f/s (Tipi and hunting dog). To collect the bissons within 180s, u need
6500f / 180s = 36 villagers

all in all u need 25 dancers and 36 hunters to collect 36 f/s. If u also add the dancers thats
36 f/s / 61 villagers = 0,59 f/s

Of cours you can add some upgrades, but the numbers won't change that much.
Its also worst case, most of the time you need way less than 2500 xp to get a shipment.
Very often u also have great hunter anywayor a bisson age up, so it gets even better

That's a little bit better than farm only, but...
... it saves several thousand wood
... you dont need to pull the villagers to siege/attack dance, they are already there
--- you can still benefit from cards like north attlantic trade or the similar Oldenburg tech

Any thoughts?
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

WerewolfOr wrote: ↑
11 Oct 2023, 20:22
5.) Building more than one farm late game makes no sense at all:
Without upgrades, a villager makes 0,55 f/s on a farm (base + tipi)

25 dancers need max 2500 XP for the infinite 13 bisson shipment
They make 13,8 xp/s, so it takes 180 s for the shipment to arrive.
The 13 bissons are 13 x 500 f, so 6500f
Without farm or card upgrades u collect 1 f/s (Tipi and hunting dog). To collect the bissons within 180s, u need
6500f / 180s = 36 villagers

all in all u need 25 dancers and 36 hunters to collect 36 f/s. If u also add the dancers thats
36 f/s / 61 villagers = 0,59 f/s

Of cours you can add some upgrades, but the numbers won't change that much.
Its also worst case, most of the time you need way less than 2500 xp to get a shipment.
Very often u also have great hunter anywayor a bisson age up, so it gets even better

That's a little bit better than farm only, but...
... it saves several thousand wood
... you dont need to pull the villagers to siege/attack dance, they are already there
--- you can still benefit from cards like north attlantic trade or the similar Oldenburg tech

Any thoughts?
It's obviously true to try to always be on hunts as Lakota since you got hunting dogs+all the farm ups and great hunter all benefitting your hunt gather rate. You should also always be able to age with the wise woman for 20%/30% bonus gather rate on hunts if your game goes to age 4. But if you don't manage to go to age 4 you will have to go to farms at one points of your hunts run out.
European Union dsafsdafweewfe
Crossbow

Post by dsafsdafweewfe »

WerewolfOr wrote: ↑
11 Oct 2023, 20:22
Agree those ideas.. What do you mean by brawlers? I think the big button discount card maybe not worth it too since most of the main ones may be researched before age 4 already too, and then can prioritize the other a4 cards

What does everyone think of the Winter Counts (+40% xp for units, +20% for buildings)? It sounds like a fun and useful one for late game deck

Also curious if others think that Camp Movements card (able to deconstruct building) is more of a gimmick or actually would be fun and useful for map control
United States of America horse_feed
Crossbow
Clan: moin

Post by horse_feed »

v0.2 is out with changes from latest patches: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bdZ ... sp=sharing
What does everyone think of the Winter Counts (+40% xp for units, +20% for buildings)? It sounds like a fun and useful one for late game deck
Pretty bad, IMO--see my write-up here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bdZ ... 9ur8o7kzlh