The Logistician Strategies

Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

The Logistician Strategies

Post by Jets »

Well, I've been playing for several hours and by far the most enjoyable politician I found it's the fresh & new Logistician. As spain you get faster age1 crates, combined with several resources among the one you shipped, combined with the Archaic Soldier Training card you can easily rush your opponent. Making all that xp worth a lot more in 1V1 matches.
With Dutch, you receive a military wagon + 1 halbadier + enables veteran halbadier creation. At first I didn't thought Dutch could make a rush this good sincerely, specially against FFA/FF civs like France. You may be thinking the 900f age up it's a bit of a penalty, but considering that as dutch you have one of the fastest age ups and you are always gathering coin, I see this strategy extremely fun and surprising.

3vills > 700w > 1 bank wagon > 8 pikemen > 600 wood > 4 vills
3vills > 1 bank wagon > 700w > 8 pikemen >3 hussars > 600 wood > 4 vills
3vills > 1 bank wagon > 8 pikemen > 700w > 4 vills > 600 wood > 3 hussars
I leave you with this nice evaluation of the new politicians:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0IMY7 ... ZDMAWWcDsg

And I also want to encourage you to post any strategy you found with this Politican.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: The Logistician Strategies

Post by harcha »

Right now it seems really bad for Brit. Maybe if they got 2 longbows for each house it would be strong, but then it seems like this ageup is not intended to be very strong.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

Vet Halb in Age 2?
Dutch indeed looks very good now.

Will we see a new age 2 Dutch meta with skirm halb and hussar?
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

I thought the Vet part must be a bug but the politician straight up says "enables veteran halbediers"
who comes up with this shit...
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Nah it's intentional. Imagine vet halbs with full arsenal double carded in colo
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

it's actually good and cool
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Colo Halbs might've been good and cool, vet units in age 2 is very, very dumb.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Vet halbs in age 2 (and it has 28 atk now) should be OP, but you should do some early timing with halb+skirm to make it useful. If we do standard bank boom build, the opponent just go age 3 and the game is over. Need some more precise builds here, maybe a timing with crates (700w 700g 600g etc) 2 rax spam?

Generally, Russia 900f age up should be good, as you age up 17p and you'll defenitely have >800f (sometimes >900) when you finished the 4th vil batch. You still age up at the same time, build a front WH, and have a 2nd WH asap, and 40 pop limit so you don't need houses. You can even spam more BHs around the map, as 250 BH that supports 10 pop limit is insanely cost-efficient.
Argentina Jets
Dragoon

Post by Jets »

If you keep gathering food while aging up, you'll probably be around 800~900f when you reach age2, sending 700w asap would grant you resources to build at least 2 banks.
Considering that you made your homework and took as many treasures as you can, you probably have enough wood to make one house. Around the first minutes of age2 you'll have 2 houses, 2 banks, 1 barracks. Your next shipment should be 700c to spam those sweet halbs. If you lack wood you could buy 100w from the market for another house. Any other wood treasure would help to make another barrack. And then push.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Halb/skirm in age 2 is op af, just needs a Bo. Could imaging that such strat would win hard some civs.
Spain pain train is real
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Rohbrot wrote:Halb/skirm in age 2 is op af, just needs a Bo. Could imaging that such strat would win hard some civs.
Why? It's barely better than skirm/pike.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:Halb/skirm in age 2 is op af, just needs a Bo. Could imaging that such strat would win hard some civs.
I would really like to know if Skirm Halb Huss work against British Longbow Pike Huss
Do you think that's a good strat vs Brit as Dutch?
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

I like how the new politician was named after an Aiz smurf

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Well, if we consider that pikes cost wood instead of coin thats a bonus to make only banks + houses with sent wood and halbs are much better than pikes if we consider that they are vet halbs in age2 where all other civs have age2 stats. I said also that it could win some civs very easy, like i could see skirm/halb winning some melee inf heavy civs in age 2 fight, when having the vet halb stats.
Spain pain train is real
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Rohbrot wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Well, if we consider that pikes cost wood instead of coin thats a bonus to make only banks + houses with sent wood and halbs are much better than pikes if we consider that they are vet halbs in age2 where all other civs have age2 stats. I said also that it could win some civs very easy, like i could see skirm/halb winning some melee inf heavy civs in age 2 fight, when having the vet halb stats.
1. Well you save wood but you also don't have the 400w from age up so you won't build more banks.

2. Are you sure it's vet halbs in colo?
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Vet EP halbs in colo is surely straight up better than having musks lol
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

@[Armag] diarouga yep vet halbs.
Its a -400w age up option but if we consider that dutch ages fast and gets great xp from building banks, they could sent 700-600 w straight, i guess.
Spain pain train is real
Argentina Jets
Dragoon

Post by Jets »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
2. Are you sure it's vet halbs in colo?
Pretty sure it is.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Also don't forget that Dutch villagers actually have different stats with regard to mining than other vills. They have a base gather rate of 0.69 (nice lol) instead of 0.6, which also scales with market ups.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

duckzilla wrote:Also don't forget that Dutch villagers actually have different stats with regard to mining than other vills. They have a base gather rate of 0.69 (nice lol) instead of 0.6, which also scales with market ups.
Skirm/halb is officially meta now in age 2.
:lol:
Spain pain train is real
Argentina Jets
Dragoon

Post by Jets »

I wouldn't say meta, but it's kinda viable on 1v1 against civs that have a slow ff/ semi ff.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

OK. Age 2 halbs would suck but I guess it's strong with vet halbs. You re still weak to artillery but that's it.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

The fact that dutch gets double cardable skirms, in colonial has always been overshadowed by well, pikes as their only y defence. Its actually kind of insane how good it should be, and these uber halbs (now also double cardable) should be pretty crazy if a solid build is developed. Plus that whole army is fortress ready immediately upon hitting fortress, another little plus there too. I'm curious if its truly viable
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

dansil92 wrote:The fact that dutch gets double cardable skirms, in colonial has always been overshadowed by well, pikes as their only y defence. Its actually kind of insane how good it should be, and these uber halbs (now also double cardable) should be pretty crazy if a solid build is developed. Plus that whole army is fortress ready immediately upon hitting fortress, another little plus there too. I'm curious if its truly viable
It should be viable, since u have somehow the advantage of having two age3 units in age2 - skirm/halb vs civs who diesnt have skirm age2 it has to be game winning.
Spain pain train is real
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Don't you kind of feel like the design of the logistician is a bit strange ? Most of them look like rush options for age 2 play, but on the other hand they are just slower than normal ones.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.