ISO Competitive Japan Rush! Help Please!

United States of America Austincr1
Crossbow
ESO: Austincr1

ISO Competitive Japan Rush! Help Please!

Post by Austincr1 »

Hi all,

Japan is probably my favorite civ to play, I'm not new to the game but haven't played in years. I was in search of a good Japan rush/strategy. I would very much appreciate a step by step/general idea or goal of the rush.

Any input is appreciated!
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Re: ISO Competitive Japan Rush! Help Please!

Post by Zutazuta »

I wouldn't advise rushing with Japan. If you want to cheese, you can forward consulate with 300w and ship export for clubs and ashi, but it's pretty all in.
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

I've seen people go aggressive with Torii gates ageup. You make a forward barracks with the rickshaw, ship the Daimyo first in age 2, then ship units using the Daimyo as shipping point and make Ashigaru. If your opponent isn't making a lot of anti-cav you can use the Daimyo to train a batch of Naginata a bit later.

No idea if this is any good against a player who knows how to defend it, but it will take anyone unaware who's just expecting a boom from Japan, particularly at lower ratings.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

@iamturk plays agro jap well
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Austincr1 wrote:Hi all,

Japan is probably my favorite civ to play, I'm not new to the game but haven't played in years. I was in search of a good Japan rush/strategy. I would very much appreciate a step by step/general idea or goal of the rush.

Any input is appreciated!
Card order: 2v / 5ashi / 5ashi / whatever else you wanna do after that (daimyo, 600w, 600c, etc.)

1) Build 2 shrines with starting wood. If you can find some wood treasures around the map, you can then build a 3rd shrine
2) Age up with the Toshogu
3) In transition to Age 2, leave 6 vills on orchards, everyone else goes to wood. Chop to build a consulate and to have 200w upon ageup to build a barracks
4) Distribute villagers on Food/Coin to be able to produce Ashigaru from your barracks. Leave 2 or 3 villagers on wood to get a market/another shrine later
5) Once consulate is finished constructing, ally with Japanese Isolation and queue up Yamabushis

You'll have 10 ashi 5 yamabushi out pretty quickly which can sweep opponents who build forward but don't immediately invest in units.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

There's a super secret OP (unbeatable) japan rush PM me for details
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Yeah what Cometk said. You don't need to age with Torii because it is generally worse than Toshogu, as long as you make sure to utilize the consulate export. The only situation where Torii might be better is if you manage to siege down opponents forward military building with the samurai while it is going up, but this is very risky and unlikely to work vs a good player.

Also contrary to what Zuta said you don't need to go all in as Japan, if you just do a regular 2v 600w 300e build, age with Toshogu + consulate, make 1 rax and attack with yumi+club. You're not really all-in, as Japan still scales well.

The only problem I have found with trying to rush as Japan is that your age-up time is kind of inconsistent and depends heavily on treasures.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag hidden_blaze
Musketeer

Post by hidden_blaze »

Isn't there also a BO where you age with the shrine, send daimyo mototada -> 5 ashi -> 5 ashi, train ashi in the meantime and use that to rush?
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

harcha wrote:Yeah what Cometk said. You don't need to age with Torii because it is generally worse than Toshogu, as long as you make sure to utilize the consulate export. The only situation where Torii might be better is if you manage to siege down opponents forward military building with the samurai while it is going up, but this is very risky and unlikely to work vs a good player.

Also contrary to what Zuta said you don't need to go all in as Japan, if you just do a regular 2v 600w 300e build, age with Toshogu + consulate, make 1 rax and attack with yumi+club. You're not really all-in, as Japan still scales well.

The only problem I have found with trying to rush as Japan is that your age-up time is kind of inconsistent and depends heavily on treasures.
That’s not a rush. It’s standard play.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

hidden_blaze wrote:Isn't there also a BO where you age with the shrine, send daimyo mototada -> 5 ashi -> 5 ashi, train ashi in the meantime and use that to rush?
Isnt that the aiz daimyo rush?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Zutazuta wrote:
harcha wrote:Yeah what Cometk said. You don't need to age with Torii because it is generally worse than Toshogu, as long as you make sure to utilize the consulate export. The only situation where Torii might be better is if you manage to siege down opponents forward military building with the samurai while it is going up, but this is very risky and unlikely to work vs a good player.

That’s not a rush. It’s standard play.
It's quite standard but still gets a lot of units early. The idea is that you prioritize non-stop unit production and full batches. Ofc you can add military shipments to add to your timings.

I'd say for Japan generally standard play is being on the defensive rather than offensive.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.