Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Re: Spain: Age 3 Cards questions

Post by Black_Duck »

vividlyplain wrote:
Black_Duck wrote:
EfraĆ­n wrote:Is there a really competitive strategy with Spain that is not always ff?
There is revolt!
Is it still as stronk?
Nah its fairly poor now
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Need 12 pike 10 pike 5 huss 4 huss 5 lamcer 4 lancer 9 rod 8 rod 2 falc in your deck
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

EfraĆ­n wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:You can totally FI with Spanish Gold :nwc: :cry:

Some people like to semi ff or rush like poissondu but it's not really good.
But you have to spend 2 cards i suppose (600c + spanish gold), i dont usually see it in competitive.
You dont send 600 coin. You can send other shipments and receive the 400 gold with them.
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

[Armag] diarouga wrote: Some people like to semi ff or rush like poissondu but it's not really good.
I have never heard about that guy, who he is?

Tbh i like semi in some mu and all in sometime (specificly against china because i think ff china > ff spain and you can't realy outplay them). I like xbow rush semi ff against brit sometime (brit tend to not scout spain so much).

Also idk, with the xbow card buff maybe you can play age 2 with tp stuff.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

I dont know current spain but while playing EP i got very easy industrial with spain, u can get indus at best min 10:10 or worst (depends on your lvl) cap lvl prob min12.
Spain pain train is real
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

EfraĆ­n wrote: With the nonexistent 1000 coin card?

If you hope Spanish Gold card to FI, you'll have problems.
I guess if u watch this Video u can understand very clear what u have to do when going for FI/Rohvolt!!!
Spain pain train is real
Spain EfraĆ­n
Skirmisher
ESO: EfraĆ­n

Post by EfraĆ­n »

Rohbrot wrote:
EfraĆ­n wrote: With the nonexistent 1000 coin card?

If you hope Spanish Gold card to FI, you'll have problems.
I guess if u watch this Video u can understand very clear what u have to do when going for FI/Rohvolt!!!
Semi FI xD.

And Mitoe didn't decide to go yo your base, maybe he had to play more deffensive vs your revolt imo.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

What I don't really understand: if Mitoe had gone straight FF or at least send 2 falcs first age3 and then pushed the TC right away, ignoring the TPs, I feel it would just have gone down. But maybe I'm missing something.

I just always feel revolts do best vs "semi" builds: semi FF, that doesn't accomplish much, semi aggressive age3 agenda. It seems that your either need to go full yolo or full defense vs revolt.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Well if Mitoe or diarouga were not able to react correctly to a revolt, it means the strategy has at least some merit...
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Yeah, of course. I'm just curious how Rohbrot would've reacted to a fast age 3 push. Or if I'm missing something here.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Don't overlook the broken native XP changes that are now removed. It allows a revolt to be put into overdrive. Perhaps this is why Mitoe thought he had more time. Also, the forward artillery foundry ultimately lost him the game.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

Astaroth wrote:Yeah, of course. I'm just curious how Rohbrot would've reacted to a fast age 3 push. Or if I'm missing something here.
You missed that i had killed his hero in transition and delayed his tp by 2mins (what is great for an atp player like me) it made him slower with his shipments. @Astaroth your right, i went for a very greedy semi FI here (what i dont normally) i should have aged at least 2mins faster what means i get 2Falcs (that can kill his falcs or musks without loosing the falcs with a quick wall) i went greedy here because i feel lile a timing Rohvolt is better than spains Fast Rohvolt, be it Unction+Revolt or +30 Vills Revolt.
Spain pain train is real
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:Well if Mitoe or diarouga were not able to react correctly to a revolt, it means the strategy has at least some merit...
They reacted correctly but i didnt go always for the same Rohvolt build, I had many versions of it. Unction, 2 Heavy cannons, 7 Huss, Fast Rohvolt. What makes it hard to react is imo that u cant know for which unit comp u have to go vs a player who doesnt do always the same build.
Spain pain train is real
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

@EfraĆ­n , i had many games where people went for my Tc as fast as possible with Falcs, i had a very easy solution for it, let the tc fall down and build a new one with 1000wood and revolt after ur second tc is built.
The key point is that u have to age to industrial with ur second Tc or you lose ;)
Spain pain train is real
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher
ESO: DrAzTiK

Post by draztik »

Rohbrot wrote:@EfraĆ­n , i had many games where people went for my Tc as fast as possible with Falcs, i had a very easy solution for it, let the tc fall down and build a new one with 1000wood and revolt after ur second tc is built.
The key point is that u have to age to industrial with ur second Tc or you lose ;)
A rec game is worth a thousand words :)
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

draztik wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:@EfraĆ­n , i had many games where people went for my Tc as fast as possible with Falcs, i had a very easy solution for it, let the tc fall down and build a new one with 1000wood and revolt after ur second tc is built.
A rec game is worth a thousand words :)
Sadly, most people refused to Record the game vs me, to avoid me posting it here. :biggrin:
Spain pain train is real
Japan 0nni
Crossbow

Post by 0nni »

Can anybody tell me what's the better mercenary for spanish in age3? highlanders or swiss pikeman? also how good are stradiots?
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

Swiss pikemen if you are very skirm based unit comp.
Highlanders if you have some cannons to defend+musks.
Stradiots are one-time only mercs for villager slaughter.
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher
ESO: luciofrancosi

Post by Luciofrancosi »

There is no straight answer here!! It depends on many things, that being the match up, map, and of course your playstyle or what you are most confortable playing with!! What works for some doesnt work for another!!
You just have to play the game and find out what is best for you
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war