Inca build order

France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Re: Inca build order

Post by chronique »

But why mm for 10 pik? tc fire + explo plus some vili is enough to deal with. You can't realy cheese in aoe like some other rts game because of mm and tc fire. It's prob even worst in aoe3 where you can herd back and be very safe
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

You also definitely can't put the Chasqui inside someone's base--if they focus it with the TC your rush is just dead. So that slows it down a bit as well.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

chronique wrote:But why mm for 10 pik? tc fire + explo plus some vili is enough to deal with. You can't realy cheese in aoe like some other rts game because of mm and tc fire. It's prob even worst in aoe3 where you can herd back and be very safe
Need a yt video “how to defend a rush with poissondu”
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

If there's a fire in your house and it's getting kind of big, are you really gonna go for a bucket instead of the fire extinguisher? Are you saving your MM for next game? Just send them and continue on with your build, unless the rusher is 100% retarded it'll still be more efficient to just call them without idling.

I swear some people think that you can carry over unused MM pops to the next match
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

You guys really need to understand balance may also be a problem at lower levels. Maybe this kind of all-in rush doesn't work against good defence skills but at low level it will be pretty op...
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:You guys really need to understand balance may also be a problem at lower levels. Maybe this kind of all-in rush doesn't work against good defence skills but at low level it will be pretty op...
Then they’ll only go as far as an all in Inca rush can carry them. Kinda like otto/iro/Azzy rush on TAD.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Well it's like RE iro rush with no warhut behind ,if you are able deal the iro rush @4 mins in re then you can do it in de as well but i heard that rush was broken so.
:nwc:
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Because you need 300res for mm, res you don't have at 3.20 min of the game
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

He does 10 vill age up & the army arrives at 3:45 how many ppl will have macro'd for 150f 150g by that time? i mena since this strategy is known you may marco for it but forcing mm out of the player is good right? it's gonna delay w/e hes trying to do like get market ups ,or bank or w.e & you come back a min later when mm hp is 0 and take out and also the fb @4:40 mins.gg? Even if opponent manages to hold that's huge dmg done already.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Quick screenshot on how good the game is right now

35k hp tcs, forts killing 6 units per shot, broken late game units and he's got the same eco as ports untouched water with all upgrades :D
Attachments
20201025191953_1.jpg
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

35k hp reminds me of Ethiopians in wol they had kinda similar hp without anything but just aging up lol with bottom tech in library haha & incas have team double hp for walls lol.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re:

Post by Garja »

Lecastete wrote:Quick screenshot on how good the game is right now

35k hp tcs, forts killing 6 units per shot, broken late game units and he's got the same eco as ports untouched water with all upgrades :D
Aside from the insane HP on buildings everything else seems rather standard for imperial?
Image Image Image
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Garja wrote:

Aside from the insane HP on buildings everything else seems rather standard for imperial?
I think i'm done actually it's literally unplayable, qs is awful lol
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Challenger_Marco wrote:He does 10 vill age up & the army arrives at 3:45 how many ppl will have macro'd for 150f 150g by that time? i mena since this strategy is known you may marco for it but forcing mm out of the player is good right? it's gonna delay w/e hes trying to do like get market ups ,or bank or w.e & you come back a min later when mm hp is 0 and take out and also the fb @4:40 mins.gg? Even if opponent manages to hold that's huge dmg done already.
Whatever you were planning to do in transition is gonna be delayed anyways because you're idled, and even with best vill defense I'd say you for sure lose house + market or similar. I think it's the better trade economically to just call MM. Losing the MM is fine because you traded MM for basically 2 military shipments and no ageup bonus.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

I have to say it is kind of nice that the "EP trend" has been broken a bit: when basically the same people played ranked games vs each other, always with quite similar "meta strats", normal "nr10, mass units, one big fight".

Now everyone is forced to play vs unsual and surprising strats: laming, hidden rax rushes, turtling, walling, Khorix etc.

RTS games are all about unpredictability and adaptation. If you can do slight variations of the same build and basically have a good chance of winning in all matchups as long as you have decent mechanics, that's not what a strategy game should be about.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

forgrin wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:He does 10 vill age up & the army arrives at 3:45 how many ppl will have macro'd for 150f 150g by that time? i mena since this strategy is known you may marco for it but forcing mm out of the player is good right? it's gonna delay w/e hes trying to do like get market ups ,or bank or w.e & you come back a min later when mm hp is 0 and take out and also the fb @4:40 mins.gg? Even if opponent manages to hold that's huge dmg done already.
Whatever you were planning to do in transition is gonna be delayed anyways because you're idled, and even with best vill defense I'd say you for sure lose house + market or similar. I think it's the better trade economically to just call MM. Losing the MM is fine because you traded MM for basically 2 military shipments and no ageup bonus.
Well in the meantime you are just doing dmg with units ,you are building eco behind with kancha houses & making vills continously how can that be bad?
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

are you guys talking about the chasqui rush where you just pop 10 units in my base before I've even aged

because i came on here to complain about that after just getting hammered by it all night
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Astaroth wrote:I have to say it is kind of nice that the "EP trend" has been broken a bit: when basically the same people played ranked games vs each other, always with quite similar "meta strats", normal "nr10, mass units, one big fight".

Now everyone is forced to play vs unsual and surprising strats: laming, hidden rax rushes, turtling, walling, Khorix etc.

RTS games are all about unpredictability and adaptation. If you can do slight variations of the same build and basically have a good chance of winning in all matchups as long as you have decent mechanics, that's not what a strategy game should be about.
I appreciate how Khorix is classified as a strategy in and of himself
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Squamiger wrote:are you guys talking about the chasqui rush where you just pop 10 units in my base before I've even aged

because i came on here to complain about that after just getting hammered by it all night
yeah I was doing it for a day after aiz did it and tbh it was really hit and miss. anyone with decent micro and was aging up with 400 wood can basically come out ok while you have no eco
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Boomy build:
- go 4v BB and 300w and age up at 800f with the 2 travois
- send koncha card while making full houses (make them as a wall). TC rally point is on wood.
- send Alpaca wool while dropping a market and a firepit
- research spirit medicine (vill hp and damage) while dancing with 25 vills on firepit on fertility dance
- trade food for 250g and send TC+travois card
- just boom from 2 TCs and fertility dance. Against any pressure you need good firepit, vill and TC micro. Send town dance if needed.
- age up whenever you can (the sooner the better) by selling food and/or getting gold with many vills (easy with 2 mines in base and koncha still gathering food).
- in the 3rd age send 2 TCs and keep booming to 99v. Consider dropping/sending stronghold(s) and building more war huts.
- make units only if strictly necessary otherwise reach 99v first.
Image Image Image
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Garja wrote:Boomy build:
- send either Alpaca wall while dropping a market and a firepit
What? :hmm:
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Re:

Post by Scroogie »

I lost to that turtle strat as well, how do you even play against it? Mortar FI?? At that point it's basically impossible to kill a building, it's like fighting a mountain with sticks.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Canada klonko
Skirmisher
ESO: klonko

Re: Re:

Post by klonko »

Scroogie wrote:

I lost to that turtle strat as well, how do you even play against it? Mortar FI?? At that point it's basically impossible to kill a building, it's like fighting a mountain with sticks.
Skirm + goon weakness = building. New meta = halbardier + hussar/lancer/cuirassier.

Or native rush :O
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re:

Post by deleted_user »

I'm quite sure ports beat Inca, we can test it later if you want
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
Garja wrote:Boomy build:
- send either Alpaca wall while dropping a market and a firepit
What? :hmm:
*Alpaca wool
You're making no units, you want something to defend and that > unit shipment imo. Also at that point you only have TC and 2 WHs so it should be better than any up for buildings. And since you probably don't have a firepit yet I'd send town dance later.
Image Image Image