India on water - Is it good ?

No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher
ESO: Senor_boe

India on water - Is it good ?

Post by Senor_Boe »

So the civ in my view is extremly strong on water , having an agra on shore is so good plus the civ being heavy wood focused means that it should be good on water , but their problem might be in late game as they lack proper artilery and some upgrades. ( no fast infatry / cav improvement as example )
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Re: India on water - Is it good ?

Post by Aykin Haraka »

you don't really need artillery as india since you have mahouts + sepoys + urumi + siege elephant, you still can use gurkhas with the x3 cards
plus, you can get grand bombards from oto cons, and falc from brit cons
moreover you have 2 monitors to snipe cannons if you have lack of siege elephant

late game training time isn't a problem since you should have the eco to pop from so many raxes, and you can also get the -20% training time elephant from the saloon
you have a huge eco if you play properly with all fishes upgrades, if you mean 1v1, you don't even need art and training times since you already have lot of things and strong units
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Most boring games = india going sea in 1vs1 with agra inbase
Spain pain train is real
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

siege elephants are pretty decent vs ships because they are faster and it makes it harder for short line ships to evade a oncoming attack. Down side is range, you could switch to port consulate late game and send some culverins or ironside as well. not really ideal though, I think siege eles are enough

I consider them a mid range sea power, they are basically like a Euro civ but don't have a ton of upgrade cards for ships.
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher
ESO: Senor_boe

Post by Senor_Boe »

Aykin Haraka wrote:you don't really need artillery as india since you have mahouts + sepoys + urumi + siege elephant, you still can use gurkhas with the x3 cards
plus, you can get grand bombards from oto cons, and falc from brit cons
moreover you have 2 monitors to snipe cannons if you have lack of siege elephant

late game training time isn't a problem since you should have the eco to pop from so many raxes, and you can also get the -20% training time elephant from the saloon
you have a huge eco if you play properly with all fishes upgrades, if you mean 1v1, you don't even need art and training times since you already have lot of things and strong units
Sounds good , I'll give it a try thanks.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Gibson often did India water on RE. Can check his twitch vods.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

I remember Kynesie trying India waterboom vs diarouga Japan on Hudson Bay. Kynesie lost though...But it was fun to watch.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

Rohbrot wrote:Most boring games = india going sea in 1vs1 with agra inbase
wickedcossack going advanced wonders + india waterboom vs. Mitoe in the NWC qualifiers was probably one of the most exciting games i've ever watched though
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Squamiger wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:Most boring games = india going sea in 1vs1 with agra inbase
wickedcossack going advanced wonders + india waterboom vs. Mitoe in the NWC qualifiers was probably one of the most exciting games i've ever watched though
Was it exciting though? It was interesting but the first 10 minutes were full as ditchwater.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

i thought the early part of the game was exciting but that might just be due to the novelty of seeing someone click up to age 2 at like 6 minutes
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Squamiger wrote:i thought the early part of the game was exciting but that might just be due to the novelty of seeing someone click up to age 2 at like 6 minutes
well ok. I guess it's a bit subjective. There was very little interaction between the players.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

The boats and castles look sick, I like it just because of that already. Also not the worst for the first half of the game. If you have your Agra close to the shore, it gives you a nice secure portion of the sea for some time