Re: Can China beat sweeden in age 2?

Post by Zutazuta »

China loses to most things in age 2.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

I have had some success with just standard army (with upgrade card works best). U do want to disrupt their torp production by sending steppe or pikes early. U want to contain them into their corner and make sure torps dont get built.

However this gets harder if they have 2 mines in base since their eco is just set at that point.

U also want to to build a forward village + war academy to maintain maximum pressure
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Why not do what china does most games vs japan an early age 3 attack? If i play age 2 china i always feel i play against the strenghts of my own civ (;
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

No ,sweden has leather cannons and if you try to make flank with steppe riders caro will burst them and swedes scale very well eventually they will hold and outmass you & gg.
:nwc:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I actually think China can win this doing colo stuff. Swedes are sort of slow early on and don't have a RI unit. China can start sieging torps and have chokunus to deal with caroleans. The two leather cannons stop pressure in the Swede base but can't exactly chase units sieging torps around the map. Also in the open outmassing is fine vs leather cannons. If swedes give up the torps and go for age up too early, China just follows up (or punish it in the 2nd age even, I have to check timings for that). If swedes add huss (don't think they can go full carolans anymore) there should be a game but I prefer the Chinese combo.
Image Image Image
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Challenger_Marco wrote:No ,sweden has leather cannons and if you try to make flank with steppe riders caro will burst them and swedes scale very well eventually they will hold and outmass you & gg.
Like garja said leather cannons aren't a huge problem outside of their base, especially if you have the hp upgrade. just continuosly poke them caroleans with cnk (since there is a 6 range gap between them) while denying torps and they can't do much.

if they do add cav then pikes do well though I would like to build castles and get keshiks + mongolian scourge
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Chu Ko Nu are also pretty fast moving (4.5 speed IIRC?) which helps avoid getting caught by the charge and with the kiting. I haven't played it myself, but it's probably ok for China in the 2nd age overall since there's no light infantry for Sweden. Biggest issue would be cannons, but aside from that the Chinese comp should be fairly competent vs Carolean/Hussar with a bit of micro.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

China FF against Sweden is just bad. Instead, steppe and pikemen can delay his torp boom, and chukonu counters corolean easily. Leather cannon and colonial militia is the problem, but china doesn't have to fight under Sweden TC. SemiFF is good, and 700 gold-10 rattan shield timing can kill the cannons too.
Torp boom is different from shrine boom: if you let Sweden build mass torps the have INSANE eco, and you will soon find it unplayable. That's why standard China FF is bad in this MU.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

fei123456 wrote: Torp boom is different from shrine boom: if you let Sweden build mass torps the have INSANE eco, and you will soon find it unplayable. That's why standard China FF is bad in this MU.
Isnt that the same with 200 shrine Pop lel
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

I'm not convinced the standard FF is that bad if China is really aggressive right away. Aging with confucian academy, establishing a forward village and war academy, intervention, then pushing right away has given me reasonable results at least at a 13xx level. Repelling volley is also really good if they make lots of caroleans, maybe as early as 3rd or 4th fortress shipment.