Peru revolt

No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Re: Peru revolt

Post by helln00 »

to theorycraft on a aztec counter, maybe the best way is actually just mass erk. they are faster, can close in, isn't affected by the standard musk attack (I think)

also the legions should probably have a negative multiplier vs cav and light infantry on the grenade attack

edit: the reason why I think this is strong is also why grens are still bad : u need a very large mass for them to be viable and the revolt just allows you to get an insane mass very quickly.

another way they can be tweaked is maybe making them like the otto fussilier, make the grenade attack available through unit stance change only
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

the best way is to make your usual units, maces destroy colonia militia
Image Image Image
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Garja wrote:the best way is to make your usual units, maces destroy colonia militia
Normal cm yes, grens destroy mace.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

yeah the grens here are faster and have longer range, maces will be massacred
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

Moving into close range doesn't seem to be a great solution either. Usually, part of the reason skirm type units counter heavy infantry so well is that they can stay out of range and kite or make use of a meat shield.
Against Peruvian militia they can't, in fact the kiting potential not just lost but reversed since it's the militia that win at long range. Having to move the skirmisher into range means they take some grenade shots until they get there and then have to fight at close range where they don't really want to be.

I wonder if players with good enough micro could even keep their militia split, have one group of 15 or 20 that forces the skirms into close range and then possibly even engages in melee mode, while a second group is a bit further back to continue with the grenades.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

actually this whole legion thing reminds me of russia on colloseum games, where you can mass spawn grens with strelet and you basically force march the grens forward and use the faster strelet to force engagements
United States of America dutchdude117
ESOC Community Team
ESO: Dutchdude117

Post by dutchdude117 »

At this point I’m certain this card is going to get nerfed. Just a matter of getting it on the devs radar.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

dutchdude117 wrote:At this point I’m certain this card is going to get nerfed. Just a matter of getting it on the devs radar.
Yeah. The fact Lakota, Aztec and a few others have no clean answer to it and more struggle to deal with it 'efficiently'. It's gunna get addressed. They'll go with something simple so probably either make the grenade attack forced with a penalty (so they lose to hand cavalry) or lowering the effectiveness of the grenades against ranged infantry (giving it a penatly vs. all infantry with a counter bonus vs. heavy infantry so it breaks even). Or they could just go 'screw this nonsense' and straight up dumpster nerf it.

Too bad they can't buff Canada (or Haiti, or Romania or Columbia) at the same time. I want to do that revolution all the time but 3000 resources for infinite teddy bears and no Imperial is unfortunately not worth it.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
Garja wrote:the best way is to make your usual units, maces destroy colonia militia
Normal cm yes, grens destroy mace.
I tested it in the scenario editor and elite maces still destroy peruvian guard especially if u go in and deny gren animation or if you simply use staggered stance.
I wish Port would revo everytime wasting their many advantage.
Image Image Image
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Then gateling pop in the middle of your maces and ...
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

chronique wrote:Then gateling pop in the middle of your maces and ...
nah, that's not the scary part. the scary part is that port meanwhile just sends factories and doesn't revolt...
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

and use the AKs that you should preventively made as soon as any civ reaches industrial and has 2HC card in deck.
Image Image Image
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Garja wrote:
and use the AKs that you should preventively made as soon as any civ reaches industrial and has 2HC card in deck.
Gatling can pop out literally in your maces mass, your AKs wont be able to kill them before they kill you
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

lot of things can happen in this game
Image Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Cav still beat these guys btw especially with a few skirm in the back
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

yeah cav skirm seems to be the easiest way assuming you are not cursed with the excuse that is called uhlans
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

In the case of Aztecs mace+jags is quite a strong counter
Image Image Image
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

jags vs bolviar + gren don't seem a good idea an paper
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

it's mace + jags, but I don't see the problem with pure jans either, except it would be a blind counter
Image Image Image
France Mozartimus
Crossbow
ESO: Mozartimus

Post by Mozartimus »

This Topic is xD. To clarify, Rohbrot isn't me and I'm not him :)
Glad that this Peru revolt is running ink, but now we have to keep searching for new funny strats. Everyone is aware about Peru thing now.
My pleasure in that was about to beat players much more skilled than me : Lukas, Opti, (Harcha always countered me sadly :(
I'am currently like a R&D departnment, looking for a new surprising shit ;P
See you soon IG guys
xoxo
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

@Mozartimus if you look at the vids i countered you just barely. There was certainly room for you to not let that happen. The third time was pretty easy tho, seems like those units really fall apart to a mass of cuir skirm. Anyways do keep us posted if you find something new.

Alternatively you could learn from Rohbrot the Great, and adapt to the situation. If you see that I have an army ready to directly counter you, you could just stick out the industrial - send factories, get those artillery shipments going. That would probably be better in this situation, instead of blindly following the BO.
France Mozartimus
Crossbow
ESO: Mozartimus

Post by Mozartimus »

harcha wrote:@Mozartimus if you look at the vids i countered you just barely. There was certainly room for you to not let that happen. The third time was pretty easy tho, seems like those units really fall apart to a mass of cuir skirm. Anyways do keep us posted if you find something new.

Alternatively you could learn from Rohbrot the Great, and adapt to the situation. If you see that I have an army ready to directly counter you, you could just stick out the industrial - send factories, get those artillery shipments going. That would probably be better in this situation, instead of blindly following the BO.
Ye, you're right about that. the alternative Bo are much more interesting now, going for factories included. Also, I dont have a rec, but the water boom then late peru revo is a strong thing too. The mercantilism BO(think Knush didi some) is a good one too.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

@Mozartimus , yeah i like such new strats and especially Revolt's. It was just a joke that "Mozartimus is my smurf" because i dont play the game. ;) . @harcha , i actually follow your uploads and i would be appreciated if you would do some funky strats or even play other civs x), if you arent climbing the ladder for the next tourney ofc.
Spain pain train is real
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

@Rohbrot thanks but I just play my main squeeze
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

harcha wrote:@Rohbrot thanks but I just play my main squeeze
Climbing the ladder. :ugly:
Spain pain train is real