Whats the most obnoxious strat?

European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Whats the most obnoxious strat?

Post by Scroogie »

Whats the most obnoxious strat in the meta right now?
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Re: Whats the most obnoxious strat?

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Greening up as Sweden.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:Greening up as Sweden.
*japan
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

hurr durr ima build houses ima have auto eco hurr durr
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

monster trucks in age 1?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Inca
mad cuz bad
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Lowkota
mad cuz bad
Zimbabwe Anthem
Crossbow

Post by Anthem »

Cannons+Caroleans with Sweden
Many people believe that a strategy is not feasible so that it is not made by the Pro, well the professionals themselves have created the strategies that were previously thought not to be feasible, everything is feasible as long as the strategy works ^_^
European Union Scroogie
Lancer

Post by Scroogie »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:monster trucks in age 1?
If you lose to that, you at least know your opponent put some brainpower in figuring out how to install the hacks.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

At the moment the things i dont get and annoy me are:

Swedes: being able to train guard units (infantry guns) in age 3 which are cheap and trade very well vs artillery, light/ranged or heavy infantry
Swedes: svea life guard
Inca: priestess's can convert your units, soak up a lot of damage but do not have any direct counters due to them having a healer tag instead of heavy infantry for example. (do i not focus these girls down or do i focus them down while the rest of the incan army is getting free hits?)
Inca: Age 1 native card should not be a core card and that natives should be strategies for specific maps. I dont mind the 2 builder travois building native TP's but when you can mix that with the age 1 card then balance and fun go out the window
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:At the moment the things i dont get and annoy me are:

Swedes: being able to train guard units (infantry guns) in age 3 which are cheap and trade very well vs artillery, light/ranged or heavy infantry or cavalry after case shot card
Swedes: svea life guard
Inca: priestess's can convert your units, soak up a lot of damage but do not have any direct counters due to them having a healer tag instead of heavy infantry for example. (do i not focus these girls down or do i focus them down while the rest of the incan army is getting free hits?)
Inca: Age 1 native card should not be a core card and that natives should be strategies for specific maps. I dont mind the 2 builder travois building native TP's but when you can mix that with the age 1 card then balance and fun go out the window
Fixed.
Also I dont agree on Inca native part. Age1 card makes it viable.
Image Image Image
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

I'm surprised they haven't given us musk+falc in age 1 yet.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Half the civs are potentially annoying atm, the meta and patches (+the new civs) all push into wall/turtle games

I just dislike this game style, if you green up as iro or lakota, get ready for a 40 minute game, because everyone will make 10 layers of walls vs you: So I started to play japan, just to force people into playing other styles vs me instead of turtle wall like they do when I am with other civs lol
France speedflyer
Dragoon
ESO: speedflyer

Post by speedflyer »

2 rax , musketeer spam , no matter the opponent civ and the level , just go in.
I hope Zoi and his team of faithful minions can stop demonizing people
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher
ESO: Cleters

Post by Cleters »

Tested and approved.
Zimbabwe Anthem
Crossbow

Post by Anthem »

lemmings121 wrote:Half the civs are potentially annoying atm, the meta and patches (+the new civs) all push into wall/turtle games

I just dislike this game style, if you green up as iro or lakota, get ready for a 40 minute game, because everyone will make 10 layers of walls vs you: So I started to play japan, just to force people into playing other styles vs me instead of turtle wall like they do when I am with other civs lol
Well said, the wall is boring and a kynesie style :uglylol:
Many people believe that a strategy is not feasible so that it is not made by the Pro, well the professionals themselves have created the strategies that were previously thought not to be feasible, everything is feasible as long as the strategy works ^_^
Germany Derrien
Crossbow
Donator 01
ESO: Ragehardt

Post by Derrien »

speedflyer wrote:2 rax , musketeer spam , no matter the opponent civ and the level , just go in.
Are there other ways to play Brits?
Zimbabwe Anthem
Crossbow

Post by Anthem »

Derrien wrote:
speedflyer wrote:2 rax , musketeer spam , no matter the opponent civ and the level , just go in.
Are there other ways to play Brits?
France, Portuguese (I don't remember if Spain can do it), India with sepoy if we want to add also the sepoys and ottomans
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

lemmings121 wrote:Half the civs are potentially annoying atm, the meta and patches (+the new civs) all push into wall/turtle games

This tbh. I had like 8 or 10 games in succession vs sweden jap portwater where opponent walled right before the uninstall. When u finally manage to break through the 4 layers opponent's yumis that have been firing for free escape through the back gate and there's 4 more layers now. Like if I wanted to play treaty I'd go play treaty. Switched to aoe2 where map control is a thing. Life's been good since
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Units getting stuck strat

It has been doing some solid work, many players stopped playing the game already
European Union Scroogie
Lancer

Post by Scroogie »

rsy wrote:

This tbh. I had like 8 or 10 games in succession vs sweden jap portwater where opponent walled right before the uninstall. When u finally manage to break through the 4 layers opponent's yumis that have been firing for free escape through the back gate and there's 4 more layers now. Like if I wanted to play treaty I'd go play treaty. Switched to aoe2 where map control is a thing. Life's been good since
Yea, but cuirs definitely needed to be tuned down instead of all the imba ranged inf... switched to sc2, is a lot more fun and strategic.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

rsy wrote:

Aoe3 without walls would be so much better, just buff tc fire or something if needed to be able to survive allin rushes, but delete walls from sup game mode
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

Scroogie wrote:
rsy wrote:

Yea, but cuirs definitely needed to be tuned down instead of all the imba ranged inf... switched to sc2, is a lot more fun and strategic.
definitely agree that nerfing hand cav, the weakest unit type in the game, seems a little strange
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

walls are still the most obnoxious thing in the game, just nerf it already
Image Image Image
Great Britain CR_Joops
Skirmisher
ESO: CR_Joops

Post by CR_Joops »

I'd happily delete walls from Sup. Or have a limit on how many you can make which increases over time.

But they should probably fix random crashes and freezing in the QS lobby before the game starts first...