India BO and streams

Belgium P4blit0
Crossbow
ESO: P4blit0

India BO and streams

Post by P4blit0 »

I would like to improve my knowledge of India, besides what is already on the strategy wall. Does someone have an idea of where I could find other (or more recent) BOs ?
Also, I like to watch Aizamk playing Indians on Twitch but find difficult to replicate his strats. Are there other good India players out there who I could learn from ?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: India BO and streams

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Check out the recent Challenge Cup: most of the games should be on youtube by now. If you click on a match you'll find the corresponding video. challenge-cup/groups

I know the finals had at least one India game in them, but unfortunately the masses have decided that India just not a very good civ right now so they are underrepresented in recent tournaments.
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

Yeah, hard to replicate Aiz's playstyle. I saw Don Artie streaming some India yesterday, there is also sepoyguy, I assume he only plays India. Aykin aka Tit also plays India. Top players like Knusch and Hazza also play it, but I haven't seen them stream recently.
I'm guessing you read Wicked's guide, it helped me a lot.
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
Belgium P4blit0
Crossbow

Post by P4blit0 »

Thanks for your answers, I'll look it up. Yeah I read Wicked's guide, it's a goldmine !
Germany AndiAOE
Skirmisher
ESO: mk8by8bcity

Post by AndiAOE »

My Ideas about india, is this what you are looking for?

European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Wasn't there some youtube video where miggo and someone else did nothing but talk about india for over an hour? Should be a good starting point.
Zimbabwe Anthem
Crossbow

Post by Anthem »

If you find it useful this was released about 3 hours ago, it is not from the current patch but from the previous one :smile:
Many people believe that a strategy is not feasible so that it is not made by the Pro, well the professionals themselves have created the strategies that were previously thought not to be feasible, everything is feasible as long as the strategy works ^_^
Belgium P4blit0
Crossbow

Post by P4blit0 »

For the record, I found a video from Haitch explaining how to counter Portugal on water maps:
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

aaryngend wrote:Wasn't there some youtube video where miggo and someone else did nothing but talk about india for over an hour? Should be a good starting point.
Found it:
Brazil Youssef
Skirmisher
ESO: Youssef2709

Post by Youssef »

Belgium P4blit0
Crossbow

Post by P4blit0 »

Thanks for sharing guys! I just watched @Youssef video (will watch the other later) and that's a sweet push.
Two questions: 1/ what's the follow-up after sending 700g, aging or producing more units ? and 2/ was it intentional to stay with the Ottoman consulate ? I would have switched to British one for health bonus but I might miss something.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

good topic.. i have some games in my stream.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Brazil Youssef
Skirmisher
ESO: Youssef2709

Post by Youssef »

P4blit0 wrote:Thanks for sharing guys! I just watched @Youssef video (will watch the other later) and that's a sweet push.
Two questions: 1/ what's the follow-up after sending 700g, aging or producing more units ? and 2/ was it intentional to stay with the Ottoman consulate ? I would have switched to British one for health bonus but I might miss something.
in this case was going to ship tiger, but usually after 5 sepoy I go for big trickle or 700w and get 4vills from otto consulate, market ups, build a stable and change army composition to gurkha sowar zamb. I think is better stay colonial in this build
Belgium P4blit0
Crossbow

Post by P4blit0 »

Youssef wrote:in this case was going to ship tiger, but usually after 5 sepoy I go for big trickle or 700w and get 4vills from otto consulate, market ups, build a stable and change army composition to gurkha sowar zamb. I think is better stay colonial in this build
Cool, I was wondering when to drop the market. Gonna give it a try!
Belgium P4blit0
Crossbow

Post by P4blit0 »

look wrote:good topic.. i have some games in my stream.
I watched some. You never age up with 14 vills do you ? I also notice you don't always build a market in transition, in which situations do you prefer not to ?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

P4blit0 wrote:
I watched some. You never age up with 14 vills do you ? I also notice you don't always build a market in transition, in which situations do you prefer not to ?
The standard India age 1 opening is 15 vills (gather wood for 14 + 1 from the shipment). Market opening in transition is also standard, but you can substitute it with a TP. The decision is dependent on your build. If you want to get to fortress quickly a TP is useful. A TP is also used in more greedy builds, for example, Good Faith Agreements (age 1 card), but you need to be wary of what your opponent is doing. It comes down to the feel you have for the game.
Belgium P4blit0
Crossbow

Post by P4blit0 »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
P4blit0 wrote:
The standard India age 1 opening is 15 vills (gather wood for 14 + 1 from the shipment). Market opening in transition is also standard, but you can substitute it with a TP. The decision is dependent on your build. If you want to get to fortress quickly a TP is useful. A TP is also used in more greedy builds, for example, Good Faith Agreements (age 1 card), but you need to be wary of what your opponent is doing. It comes down to the feel you have for the game.
I usually do as stated in WickedCossacks guide and age up with 14, but in look_tom's streams he starts aging up with 12 vills, and sometimes builds the market early- or mid-age II, as well as a consulate. I like this BO because it puts pressure earlier, seemingly without sacrificing eco.
Example here, the first game: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1001341308
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

United States of America GKShaman
ESOC Media Team
ESO: GKShaman
Clan: RoyaL

Post by GKShaman »

Really liked that game @look ! @P4blit0 - the Pro2Casual video I recorded with Tit and Miggo - We talk water/land etc India and all card choices and build orders. Its more longform podcast style. But it does have gameplay as well.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

P4blit0 wrote:
when I rush hard
normaly without 14 vills to focus on fast rush..
but depends against who/civ u are playing..
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP