French composition against colonial inca?

No Flag manwithoutname
Skirmisher

French composition against colonial inca?

Post by manwithoutname »

When it comes to playing Inca/aztecs, I always lose because I'm just throwing my army away.

Why do I throw my army away, you ask? Because I have no idea which of their units does which type of damage. I am slowly learning to distinguish certain types of their units and their strengths, but it's still hard.

Is there a go-to composition vs these civs that doesn't get annihilated when not microed well?

In fortress, I usually go for musk/skirm and cannons and when I pay attention that works. But in colonial I have no idea what I'm supposed to be making.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Re: French composition against colonial inca?

Post by fei123456 »

Don't play colonial vs Inca.
No Flag manwithoutname
Skirmisher

Post by manwithoutname »

fei123456 wrote:Don't play colonial vs Inca.
I appreciate your advice, but sometimes that's not up to me. So could you answer the question I asked?

The most recent game I played, I got rushed with a composition of some kind of elephants, feathered units, and then some pikemen/bowmen type units that can easily cripple my entire economy while I'm trying to age up.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Musk hussar should work if you decide to play colonial. But if you're trying to age up, full musk may be better.
Inca don't have musks. Poison archers are extremely good at kiting enemies, but they don't do huge damage in close fights. Hide your army behind your base, and call minutemen and cdbs to fight under TC.
No Flag admiraljsmith
Musketeer

Post by admiraljsmith »

idk vs inca but vs azzy you should probs huss xbow early if forced to play colo. Musk get destroyed by mace early
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

You kinda have to open infantry, because stable opening gets nuked if inca/azzy goes pike/coyo. So i'd recommend opening xbow/musk from 1 rax, send 4cdb 700w if you can and add stable from 700w or if you can't do that, you can compromise by going 4cdb military 700w. The goal is still to get to fortress age eventually unless you have already gotten enough of an advantage to crush him in colonial with mass from 700w 600w 700c 600c 3hus 8xbow. In fortress you'll probably need to always keep good numbers of cuirs around, but when the armies get bigger you must use falcs otherwise jungles are too strong

You want to get blunderbuss pretty early so that you can use that high cdb attack very early to cover your army and obviously jump any low hp cdbs in the TC.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.