British Start vs. Russia

United States of America DamagedBananaBread
Crossbow
ESO: KingWillIV

British Start vs. Russia

Post by DamagedBananaBread »

Alright so I've been playing this game for a few years now, although I only now just registered for the forums. To take advantage of my new status of having an account here, I wanted to ask a question that I have been trying to answer myself since I started playing. When playing vs Russia, is it best for Brits to start stable or barracks? Obviously they can't make lbs to start, so it's a question of either musk or huss. If Russia scouts your rax they go strelets, but if they scout the stable they just make musks themselves and siege it down.
RefluxSemantic wrote:If your not willing to pay a normal price for a game, are you really a gamer or just someone that likes to complain about things?
you're*
Belgium P4blit0
Crossbow
ESO: P4blit0

Re: British Start vs. Russia

Post by P4blit0 »

What I would do is age up with the tower, put it defensively and build a rax under it first. Then ship 700w and build a stable with that. There might be other options though.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Meta is stable start, but most brit players say it's a tough MU.

Basically need to make huss, try to avoid a fight, either get a good one with a MM pop or raid (if he isn't too aggressive) and/or wait until you have a rax.

If you do this well, you can hold at first, but it remains tough bc you will eventually run out of hunts and 2 BHs are hard to break.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Ye holding initially is usually fine. Generally I'd go Huss but musk can work in my experience (could just be bots who failed to scout, or they didn't want to go steeler with wood age up maybe idk.)
The hard bit is getting map control. Don't ask me for a reliable way to get it back. I did have success once with walling a bunch and aging for falcs, but I don't think it's a good sample as I got several hundred res ahead in age1 and he was passive in age 2.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Scouting is important here. So is herding to the best of your abilities, you will need every single deer you can get your filthy hands on.
Scout where his blockhouse is located, you can start Hus if your macro is good enough for it, otherwise start Musk. It's crucial to stay attentive so you always know what's going on, where his units are, what composition and from which angle he's trying to poke. Don't lose stray villagers if possible.

Then comes the tough part: you have to break Russia's position as early as possible, preferably before he builds his second blockhouse or just shortly after he has built it, since he won't have that many units defending them at that point. You can time it with your first/second hus batch (adding stable from 700w) and a unit shipment (6musk/6lb), possibly even adding minutemen.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

almost everyone at high level goes huss start as brit there, but it requires some micro, the idea is having 5huss out when he pushes with 5musk 5 cossac, then soon add musks as well.

And he cant just siege your base down with 5musks...
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Defense is vital here and you will have to rely on a few advanced techniques, such as TC fire targeting, vill body blocking, huss micro, MM call+shipment.

The key goals are to prevent villager deaths (get great coats!) and to use your TC fire as efficiently as possible. Kill units that pose a threat to your (future) army or villagers. Use villagers/mm to body block cossacks as efficiently as possible and try to objectively view the situation. Losing a barracks is irrelevant if your opponent is all in and is losing a lot of units.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Go for TP start/lifestock+7 sheeps/fulling mills/ 2vills+2 cows age up to avoid map control issues and stay in base until you outscale.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

the 5 coss 5 musk rush is the best way to lose as russia against brit
Spain pérez
Pro Player
ESO: PĂ©rez

Post by pĂ©rez »

i feel like brits is kinda good rn, the other day i played a game vs aiz and he aged at 3.48 as brits to colonial, i mean if u go 5 coss u just lose the game, u have no window to rush that, now that brit can age kinda early couse of crates change i feel like it is better to contain or do timing or take tps sc and not go for the bot 5 coss 5 musk so i agree with hazzu
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Hazza54321 wrote:the 5 coss 5 musk rush is the best way to lose as russia against brit
it is still how most people play :hmm:

what you think are better ideas for russia there?
Canada klonko
Skirmisher
ESO: klonko

Post by klonko »

lemmings121 wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:the 5 coss 5 musk rush is the best way to lose as russia against brit
it is still how most people play :hmm:

what you think are better ideas for russia there?
I'm no where a pro but with russia I usually send sheeps age1 into 700w 700g 600g. Sheep allow for an insane 7min-8min push. 700w give a second blockhouse, stable and houses. 700g for double rax musk + cossack with the sheep being eaten and vills with steel traps.

Pros:
-almost impossible to hold (at my skill level) with age 2 units.
-good eco
-good map control with early 2 blockhouse

Cons:
-easy to raid cause no cossack till you start producing
-if rushed, might not be able to hold the blockhouse early (rarely the case because of the russian rusher psychology factor haha)
-slow pressure so FF might break it altough the flow of units is quite good.
-after you have no sheep, you cannot continue the flow of units (unless you send cows after 600c?)
-slow age up to 3rd.
-Probably much more that im not aware of.

Usually it works well vs brits.
No Flag Charles
Crossbow
ESO: charles1977

Post by Charles »

Defense is paramount, have a vip security and rely on some advanced techniques, such as TC fire targeting, village body blocking, micro huss, MM call + dispatch.
Agos is a company vip security morocco with character and great projects, but above all it is a company tailored to the current circumstances. We will do our best to improve your quality of life, since your safety is in our hands.