Mexico cannon FI (refinement in progress)

Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Mexico cannon FI (refinement in progress)

Post by Thrar »

I've been looking at a way to use the Mexico revolutions for a quick FI leading to a soldado/artillery timing before 10 minutes. I'm still at an early stage of working this out and would appreciate any feedback.
  1. Age 1: Market opening, chop 50w, age up with Querétaro.
  2. Transition: Chop for TP, then keep chopping/mining for placer mines, steel traps, and an extra 25w.
  3. Age 2: Send 700w followed by Independence Movements (cheap revolutions) followed by 700c. Build 3 houses once 700w is in to speed up the shipments, keep the remaining 400w. Gather 425 coin, otherwise just food. Make 20 vils, then revolt to Central America (you should have 1125c with the crates and 1300 or so food by the time the 20th vil pops).
  4. Age 2 1/2: Keep gathering food and the coin crates. Immediately go to age 4 back into Mexico.
  5. Transition: Vils on food and coin, make soldados, have 200c ready on age up.
  6. Age 4: Upgrade soldados to veteran with the 200 leftover wood and the 200c you saved. Ship 9 soldados + 2 falcs, then 2 heavy cannons.
Things to consider:
  • TP instead of market in age 1?
  • A different state to age 2 since the cards aren't that good? I initially used Artega Reforms for a free guard upgrade but it's not that great compared to age 4 cards.
  • If pressure comes in during transition to age 4, 5 soldados are a solid shipment. Along with the soldados being trained I think it's enough to hold, but don't do this strat when expecting a fast rush.
  • It's possible to revolt before 700c and send coin after the revolt. Potentially more defensive but sacrifices some vil training. Since this strat aims at a timing perhaps the extra vils aren't that important so it might be worth it.
  • The revolution deck has a 3 blockhouse card that could be interesting both defensively and for being able to train soldados while researching the upgrades.
  • This could be done with cav or even salteadors instead of soldados as well, but the soldado/artillery synergy seems really strong.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Mexico cannon FI (refinement in progress)

Post by Garja »

This strat makes sense. It is probably the meta strat as of now. But you can do it in a more direct way, reaching industrial at 7.20. I think I'll post my build for that.
Image Image Image
Brazil AFKnorris
Crossbow
ESO: AFKnorris
GameRanger ID: 836846

Post by AFKnorris »

Where is the Garja build, I can get to Inperial at about 9:10, shipping wood after central america revolt.
:smile: :smile: :smile:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

This was before they nerfed the revo/return to homecountry cost. Idk what time you get now.
Image Image Image