Mexico VFI (very fast industrial)

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Mexico VFI (very fast industrial)

Post by Garja »

Mexico go to strategy using the revo mechanic to skip age3 and reach industrial at about 7.20 (if not pressured early on).
Can do this either for Soldados+ artillery or a classic skirm/goon/cav composition, or even insurgentes + artillery.

The build order is quite simple actually.

Age1
Market start for hunting dogs. Age at 14/20 with Tlaxcala (actually optional, no age2 State has mandatory cards for this strat).

Transition to age2
Send the Independence Movements card (cheaper revolutions).
Send one vill to grab a 2nd hunt and the rest of vills to chop wood. Build a TP, then chop for another 225w. After that move all vills to gold, get 225c and then if you're not at 225f yet move back some vills to food.
By the time you reach age2 you should have about 225 of each resource (hacienda + the one hunting vill gather 180f during transition, the rest comes from exceeds of age1 and vills back to food).

Age2
Click on the Central America revolution asap. Collect the books for xp and send 700g once revolted. Build a barracks or a stable (usually barracks) with the military wagon.
Now the aim is to get 200c and 1500f and return to Mexico. Without pressure you should be able to click it at exactly 6 minutes.
When available send 700w and make houses, plus more market ups if no under pressure. Leave about 5v on wood for housing if the plan is to send military units (which is usually the case).
Start training Soldados or Saltadores or Goons (depending on the strat).

Age4 (back to Mexico)
Collect the books and send w/e card you feel appropriate.
From there you can do anything, including just sitting back and sending economic stuff (factory wagon, 1600w, vill card for each shipment sent, etc.)

Deck for Soldado+ artillery as main combo

Note that soldados have this grenade launcher card which makes them incredibly good at sniping buildings + even better at fighting the units that are supposed to counter them (skirms).
Also the church card has a tech which makes them 20% strong (hp and damage) only increasing their train time as drawback. So artillery becomes redundant at some point and you can probably just spam Soldados.

Deck for skirm+cav as main combo

Deck for insurgente + artillery
Note that insurgentes have a card which gives them a ranged attack, meaning you can spam those things all over the map like strelets (but they're heavy infantry).
Image Image Image
Great Britain andrewgs
Musketeer

Re: Mexico VFI (very fast industrial)

Post by andrewgs »

If you go skirm cav you can go Querétaro federal state to get free a national guard tech, making it a 1k w 1k c shipment. Both skirm and cav get national guard upgrades.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I like going tp in age 1, with a food treasure you can age 245-250ish. Also depending on the mu I like sending 5 solidaros followed by 700g which you get back to back if you do tp in age 1.
Rainbow Land Afroholic
Crossbow
ESO: Afroholic

Post by Afroholic »

That is quite good post, thank you Garja. I would like to add that age2 crates cards are redundant in my opinion. Because you literally never stay in age 2. Also early revolt deck gives you 700f + 600f + 700w + 600w + 700c + 600c so you do not need to take these age 2 create cards. Also I can suggest that you can train to queue revolutionary after you click age 4 ( Go back to mexico). After you reach mexico, your tc keep train on queue units so it will be 10 or more revolutionary unit when you arrive age 4 instantly. It helps for timing push.
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

i prefer tp + house and 15 vil age up
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Ye TP might be better but if I get gold treasure it is just smoother to do market and aging one villl less is big deal.
Age 2 crates are just in case you're not revolting for some reason. I guess there is not much reason.
gibson wrote:solidaros
:lol:
Image Image Image
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

I think the optimal build might be somewhere between this and the slower 20 vil revolution that I tried before.

Steel traps and maybe placer mines seem very tempting given the amount of food and coin gathered. Steel traps pay off practically the moment you click age 4, placer mines after 1 batch of soldados (or equivalent).
Since you have to wait for 700c anyway (and a bit longer while gathering food), I think you can get steel traps in transition, send 700c before the revolution, and make 2 vils (maybe even 3) in the meantime. Then revolt, gather the remaining resources, and go age 4 as usual while shipping 700w in transition.

From what I've tested, you lose no or very little time (<10s) compared to the straight revolution, but you have 2-3 more vils and steel traps.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Bear in mind the revolution gives 7 settlers so that's a lot of vills seconds to get them 1 minute earlier.
Image Image Image
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Garja wrote: Market start for hunting dogs. Age at 14/20 with Tlaxcala (actually optional, no age2 State has mandatory cards for this strat).
I actually prefer to go with the state which grants 500xp+maphack+permanent LOS boost card as an in-between. See stream from last week https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1222721612 around 1:45:00
oranges.
China SquidTheSid
Musketeer

Post by SquidTheSid »

Yeah, 500 XP, + Informers + Otto consulate (+8 LOS for all units/buildings) in one age 2 shipment is fair and balanced. Mexico is a perfectly balanced civ with no exploits.
China SquidTheSid
Musketeer

Post by SquidTheSid »

Garja wrote:Note that soldados have this grenade launcher card which makes them incredibly good at sniping buildings + even better at fighting the units that are supposed to counter them (skirms).
This is currently bugged IIRC. The Soldado does ranged damage, not siege damage with the mortar attack, and it has a lower base attack than rifle fire (32 vs. 36).

It might be a balance consideration, though the rest of Mexico's design would go against that.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Ye I noticed that, I think it's for balance purposes but might just be a bug. Lower damage makes sense. Regardless it's still a good tech.
Image Image Image
China SquidTheSid
Musketeer

Post by SquidTheSid »

Garja wrote:Ye I noticed that, I think it's for balance purposes but might just be a bug. Lower damage makes sense. Regardless it's still a good tech.
Considering how busted the rest of Mexico is, and how busted Hausa and Ethiopia (alongside launch Sweden) were, I'm inclined to disagree. I don't think any major thought goes into balance or else we would've not gotten launch Mexico.

Yeah, there's no strict downside to having the mortar attack, since you don't need to use it, and they get buffed with incendiary grenades anyway on their rifle attack.