a tip for firepit/plaza management

United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

a tip for firepit/plaza management

Post by Squamiger »

I feel like I see a lot of players, even pros, manually clicking their firepit/plaza dances, which is suboptimal when you want to squeeze as much dps as possible during a big fight with attack dance. Sometimes it seems like the fight is halfway over by the time people manually click attack dance.

so do what I do, and bind your "attack dance" key to the same key as "find community plaza" key. For me, it's the W key. So when I'm intensively microing and macroing in the lead up to a big fight, I can keep my eyes and mouse on the fight and just mash W a few times (twice is all thats necessary) to guarantee I get the vills dancing the attack dance at the right moment
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Re: a tip for firepit/plaza management

Post by aaryngend »

I suggest ctrl + the button of your choice.
Somehow I have all the 'Find' hotkeys on ctrl+ the key I usually build them with. So Stable is on s, 'Find Stable' is ctrl+s.

So holding ctrl and pressing G twice (that is my plaza key) to find the plaza and then switch instantly to attack dance should be comfortable enough.

I bet this is not ideal but I got used to it.
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

Another trick I use is to create a control group of 10 o more villagers who are working near the square, when I need a ceremony I quickly use the hotkey and place them in the square.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Yeah I do the same with Consulate and training the 400e army, just double tap a hotkey.

But these optimizations are mostly about comfort and won't necessarily give you +50 elo, considering that some of the best players in the game still queue skirmishers by clicking the skirmisher picture...
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I have most of dances hotkeyed
Image Image Image
Suriname kaister
Lancer
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: I Date My Cousin

Post by kaister »

I have almost all danced hotkey'd, but the most important for me are wc dance, attack dance, and the wp dance for azzy. Xp/fertility are nice but pretty niche. Anyway I have my select firepit on Cntr-R, which is also my select arsenal and select consulate hotkey. Stacks well since you never have 2 of those buildings (unless you're a japan lamer)

also the firepit is 100w so its alot easier to delete and rebuild near 20 vills than to have 10v just chilling by the firepit
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

harcha wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 20:32
Yeah I do the same with Consulate and training the 400e army, just double tap a hotkey.

But these optimizations are mostly about comfort and won't necessarily give you +50 elo, considering that some of the best players in the game still queue skirmishers by clicking the skirmisher picture...

yea its true lol. don artie really proved that you can be slow as shit and still clap cheeks

thats a good one btw, ill have to add the 400e hotkey
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

harcha wrote:

I think the firepit attack dance hotkey can really make a difference because you always need it at a moment of crisis right before the beginning of a fight.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 08:17
harcha wrote:

I think the firepit attack dance hotkey can really make a difference because you always need it at a moment of crisis right before the beginning of a fight.
yea. i have other hotkeys for my firepit but I make sure the one for attack dance is the same as the one for selecting the firepit, so i can just mash that key when the fight starts.

im wondering if there are other good applications of this principle, like 400e units with consulate selection that harcha mentioned
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

I think someone had mentioned training vils with double tapping the TC hotkey, but in legacy treaty people used to double tap TC hotkey to ransom explorer (required a custom hotkey). People also train sheep and cow in treaty using this shortcut.
I suppose you could bind "find market" and "buy wood" to the same key, but I think an accidental double-tap can be dangerous with stuff like this.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Double bind find stable and train melee cav to be able to focus on microing your fight while preparing the sweet cav switch.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.