China 3 village consulate opening

No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

China 3 village consulate opening

Post by helln00 »

A lot has been made of the new china consulate card and how it replaces northern refugee as the age 1 card. My response is, "Why not both?"

Mitoe made a passing mention of this possibility of this build and I have played around with it and I have to say its the greediest china build yet, you shit out so much pikes with it.

Age 1 - standard 3 village opening ( I prefer to put 3 vils on food, rest on wood and then have the first 2 vils trained on food and then the rest on wood) , first card is northern refugee for the 4 vils and then age with summer palace with 4 vils building it. have 5 vils on food and the rest on wood.

During transition there should be enough xp for the second shipement , the Tea Export card. Send it and then ally with Germany, the food trickle should be available but I would advise against getting it, cause by the time you get to age 2 there should be enough for the wood trickle which is worth more in terms of villager work rate, which means you can have less vils on wood and more on food which gets you even more resources overall.

Age 2 - Collect the food crates , set summer palace to old han, place down a war academy in base and get the wood trickle(once you have enough get the food trickle as well). then just start spamming old han army, its 50 food cheaper due to the german consulate and you can just spam so much more with all the extra resources you have.

there are 2 ways to play this - Agressive then first card should be units (pikes, xbow, steppe) if even greedier then 700 wood, place down another war academy and spam even harder.

then just a-move to the opponent's base

Once the food trickle has been researched as well then you can send 300 export and then switch to british for redcoats.

You can also decide to be more aggressive and proxy a forward in which case send a vil during transition to build a village, first shipment is units and then build a war academy to start spamming

sample deck
qweqwe.png
Happy spamming. this is a game where I won in the stupidest way possible
Attachments
[SP] coffee_coeff[CH] vs fatih1998[OT] - afNile Valley.age3yrec
(5.27 MiB) Downloaded 138 times
afNile Valley
afNile Valley
No Flag Jackedrabbit4
Crossbow
ESO: Jackedrabbit4

Re: China 3 village consulate opening

Post by Jackedrabbit4 »

China seems so different now. I remember when h20 had less than half of the age 2 slots and one of them was a farm upgrade
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

china is objectively better now though, its 100% a success story of DE. it has gone from being a 1 trick FF pony to being very versatile but not overcomplicated or overpowered, with FF, FI, hard rush, age 2 timing, and semi ff all very viable
No Flag Jackedrabbit4
Crossbow
ESO: Jackedrabbit4

Post by Jackedrabbit4 »

Consulate card seems awesome. Consulate is worth 200 rec alone, 100 export is more than 100 recourses and it gives bonus trickle, so way more valuable than most age one cards
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Squamiger wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 23:31
china is objectively better now though, its 100% a success story of DE. it has gone from being a 1 trick FF pony to being very versatile but not overcomplicated or overpowered, with FF, FI, hard rush, age 2 timing, and semi ff all very viable
I disagree. China strats have the same % of use, with the FF still being the go-to strat by far. Age2 play is improved indeed and so are the other strats (to the point that in fact the civ is basically OP) but they don't see more play because of that, atleast at a competitive level.
Image Image Image
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

hows ur age up time starting 3 villages?
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

princeofkabul wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 00:03
slow is the answer, its usually around 5 mins, I do think it might be viable ish to put more vils on the wonder to speed up age up time with how much eco you get can spare but I havent test the diffence.

You also spam so much that it sometimes doesnt matter
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

Squamiger wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 23:31
I think part of it is just also the innovation of Mitoe, he came up with new ways to play china and made it possible to even think about other builds. He is the progenitor of the 3 village opening
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

helln00 wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 00:20
princeofkabul wrote:
slow is the answer, its usually around 5 mins, I do think it might be viable ish to put more vils on the wonder to speed up age up time with how much eco you get can spare but I havent test the diffence.

Adding an extra vill is viable since you have the extra vill, but each vill you add after the first 4 only improves your age up time by 5 seconds (the first 4 improve it by 10 each).

Another option is to stop training vills at ~600f. By doing this you essentially age 5-10 seconds slower than the normal build with the same number of vills, but with an extra Village.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

Mitoe wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 01:29
helln00 wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 00:20
princeofkabul wrote:

Adding an extra vill is viable since you have the extra vill, but each vill you add after the first 4 only improves your age up time by 5 seconds (the first 4 improve it by 10 each).

Another option is to stop training vills at ~600f. By doing this you essentially age 5-10 seconds slower than the normal build with the same number of vills, but with an extra Village.

Hmm i wonder then if you go food trickle on the consulate during transition you can put another 1-2 vils on there since its worth about 1.5 vils on food.

It will speed up the age time but you do delay the wood trickle which is really worth it in early age 2
United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Post by alistairpeter »

what about 2 villages 3 vil shipment, consulate shipment and ally w french. tp in transition save export for 500 wood and send 700 coin first age 2 shipment, skip the 700 wood and age. I like to age with the 8 skirm so I keep 1k wood in deck, or go tower and send 10 skirm. it's like the tad build but consulate shipment vs 700 wood. the 500 wood doesn't feel so bad bc villages are cheaper and 200 of it is covered by the consulate you would've built anyway. can reach age 3 around 7:30 or faster. with french you can save up export for coin next and then get manchu or iron troop very fast wile massing.
India Nadine77
Crossbow
ESO: Nadine77

Post by Nadine77 »

princeofkabul wrote:
My age-up time when starting with 3 villages is rapid :P Nrega