Unviable Strats

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Unviable Strats

Post by gibson »

The German merc fi is probably completely unviable now since interjection single handedly killed it at the start of DE.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

On some of these maps sneaking in an extra age 1 card is really fun I.e. you get a tp and those 290xp rhino treasures are easy to kite and send balloon card in transition as France, and/or early skirms, or fast halb as Dutch (probably worse now that bank xp is nerfed).
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

Just hit IV at 10:30 with 42 vills with VC 3v pioneers CM church card build order
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

100 mili pop army of highlanders guard skirms elmeti and rockets at 12:45
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
No Flag cvuuji
Crossbow

Post by cvuuji »

Ethiopia
-age1 send 2v+1abun, age up with sudanese
-age2 send coin/unit shipments, train 4abuns and keep eco as good as possible
-send 700 influence for two tower wagon and -50s age time, then go age4 straightly(700coin to age3 and 1000xp to age4)
-send age4 shipments and push
livestock trade
1st.wood for house, 2nd. wood for monastery, 3rd. wood for houses, 4th. Coin for age up
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Mitoe wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 20:00
I tried to make a China build focused around getting out 2 batches of the 800 export army for a lot of musks + falcs and then make forbidden army behind it for a push reminiscent of French musk/cuir/falc.

Unfortunately the setup time with Native Crafts seemed to be just too slow. @Aizamk make it work!
it worked
oranges.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

Squamiger wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 17:55
@Mitoe tells me my No-Teep Irosheep (viewtopic.php?f=983&t=24143&p=569451#p569451) can't work because of "math", well, what has math ever done to help anyone?? maybe the problem is I only say to make 2-3 sheep. Maybe you could revise it to send fulling mills as 2nd card, collect livestock, and train many sheep
I tried it and it didnt work
oranges.
Peru Ezad
Advanced Player
ESO: Ezad
Clan: KEKs

Post by Ezad »

Port logi is kinda untouched by anyone. Either 10/10 with tp or 12 13 vills might work.
-If you start TP: Furrier/300w? (you will lack 400w anyway reaching II), 700w, crates/units/spice trade; Or just fb with your tc, since you can train units from it and start raiding with 17 range xbows xD church card highly recommended
Without tp: I'd play just defensively since youll lose your tempo due slower age up, but depends on treasures, sheep etc.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

callentournies wrote:
26 Feb 2022, 02:05
100 mili pop army of highlanders guard skirms elmeti and rockets at 12:45
did it but it wasnt enough to win. was winning part of the plan? if not then I did it perfectly
oranges.
India iron_turtle
Skirmisher
ESO: iron_turtle

Post by iron_turtle »

If it hasnt been seen yet,
viewtopic.php?p=568740#p568740
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

Aizamk wrote:
26 Feb 2022, 14:35
Squamiger wrote:
@Mitoe tells me my No-Teep Irosheep (viewtopic.php?f=983&t=24143&p=569451#p569451) can't work because of "math", well, what has math ever done to help anyone?? maybe the problem is I only say to make 2-3 sheep. Maybe you could revise it to send fulling mills as 2nd card, collect livestock, and train many sheep
I suspect your math was off
Germany AndiAOE
Skirmisher
ESO: mk8by8bcity

Post by AndiAOE »

hi @Aizamk
I do have some:
Otto NIzam FF
Idea:
Go for a FF and get some huss out, to force the enemy to make heavy infantry.
Use the church card and church techs to get out the Nizam as fast as possible. Nizam's are very strong against Heavy Infantry. Then Push and get game ending damage. Or you can go for some damage and go for 3tc boom behind it Church Techs are very cheap).

Build Order:
Go for Mosque / TP. Then send all vills for food
pretty standard FF, only exception is capitalism start. You could also go for 3 vill
Age up with 200 coin/ outpost. Make Outpost in your base to be safe.
Send 700 coin, then church card
Go to Age 3 with 4 huss.
get 150 coin/ food in your bank for militia.
Get a market in Transition, send all vills to wood (get first wood upg).
in age 3:
Go for 5 Huss to go raiding (Variation: Send Mosque Construction and go for 15 nizams earlier)
Make a go with 9 huss / 15 Nizams. (Variation: Send 2 falconets/ 8 nizams to go with 23 nizams + 4huss or 15 nizams + 2 falcs + 4 huss)

End the game with this timing OR go for economic damage and transition into 3 tc with church techs (Cheaper with the card mosque Construction)

Video:
Spoiler

Japanese Dojos:
Basically shrineboom and ff with Shogunate
Spoiler

7 Lucky Gods card BO: Turn Jap into spain
viewtopic.php?p=540079&sid=c9adc1ffa7bd ... ff#p540079
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Aizamk wrote:
26 Feb 2022, 14:35
Squamiger wrote:
Try the Engsheep opening - also called Australia.
Obviously way better on maps with livestock but we are not concerned with viability there.
Start with TP+manor, first card is lifestock pen. Second card is fulling mills, which enables vills to gather food from livestock at 8f/s (similar to crates). Age with 2 vills+ 2 cows. Then you have 7 sheep + 2 cows + map herdable that you can eat whenever you feel the need, and only one less vill than in the standard Brits BO.
During aging gather wood for 3 manors and then put all vills to gold. Then send 700w, drop three barracks and queue 15 musks Victor-Swe style - at this point your lifestock pen has at least1200f in animals, more if you got herdable on the map so with fulling mills you should be able to complete your batch by eating animals as needed.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

AndiAOE wrote:
26 Feb 2022, 20:35
hi @Aizamk
I do have some:
Otto NIzam FF
This isn't unviable, this is already a viable cheese on the stratergy wall viewtopic.php?t=23313
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Aizamk wrote:
26 Feb 2022, 14:32
Mitoe wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 20:00
I tried to make a China build focused around getting out 2 batches of the 800 export army for a lot of musks + falcs and then make forbidden army behind it for a push reminiscent of French musk/cuir/falc.

Unfortunately the setup time with Native Crafts seemed to be just too slow. @Aizamk make it work!
it worked
Excellent! Now do it with India
United States of America Stepheneaux
Crossbow
ESO: Stepheneaux

Post by Stepheneaux »

Spanish "maphack" strat:
TP start ---> 3v ----> Team LOS ---> age with balloon politician
No Flag Jackedrabbit4
Crossbow
ESO: Jackedrabbit4

Post by Jackedrabbit4 »

16 cdb age up 3cdb>eco theory> whatever you want. You age up really late, but the whole time 16 cdb w eco theory gather a lot. can spam a lot of units with 2-3 side raxes. Get a tp in transition if you can and all market ups
Canada Robb_Killer
Crossbow
ESO: Robb_Killer

Post by Robb_Killer »

Since DE is a 10/10 and a trickle meta. I've tried a new Dutch age-up. U gather only food with vil. Drop a TP with 200w. And you send the Colbertism (Food trickle). In transition you chop 100w for a house and switch to gold to substain vils and rest on food. Quartermaster age-up to make a bank after aging up. The cards i sent were : Colbertism -> Bank Wagon -> 700w -> 600w/Church card/700g . Not sure what are the best follow up maybe new DE card or standart Dutch. Feels pretty unviable tho but fun.
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

it's a 10/10 trickle meta for about two civs: port and usa, and maybe otto if you're kerimb.

reasons being all those civs can immediately age up to III after 700c, so expediting 700c good. OR with german immigrants, usa can both make 5/5/5 units very early and ship SWs and pop space, and of course age at 700f instead which helps too.

of other reasons why 10/10 for them is good such as port can't ship vills, and they get more eco from age-up bonus (tickle tc) and want to be age 3 anyways so why not do it and be unpunished. and usa get one trillion xp and have the most broken age 3 shipments and also an insane tempo age 2 build (ger imm). otto can opt to use xp for crates for eco in lieue of vill and so a 2 TP start can be viable.

dutch can't nor really wants to go III with 700c ff. dutch don't get more eco from age up bonus unless you gather enough food for the bank(s) in time. dutch build banks which are many resources. villagers have to gather resources to build banks. for this reason one may prefer 15 vill dutch over 14 vill dutch even if 14v can be achieved without any idle time, because 14v will delay the first bank and even the second and third banks, because bank building isn't crate dependent because you don't have enough food (without insane tres).

dutch also don't get military tempo on age up, unless you are starting with european nat tp, like carp does, and the big buttons are charged up, then you can get some tempo that way. Or doing a no bank 8 pike type rush.

i think with good tres and macro and standard dutch you can get 5 bank (foundations) at 5:30 or roughly a bit after when your 2nd shipment in age 2 arrives. in your build your 2nd age 2 shipment may arrive faster but it will only = 4 bank. so all your banks will be slower. dutch not have op shipments like the in vogue 10/10 trickle civs or ability to tempo what they can really (no forward tc, etc).

but i may be too cynical. maybe there's some nice variation of this which intentionally goes 3-4 bank with the idea of reaching III faster in mind, faster 3rd card (700c) with this aim, which could be useful in a MU vs spain.
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Post by alistairpeter »

Disciple rush with monk wonder into year of the Tiger for 12 tiger shipment age one after spamming some unit shipments; buy monk when fallen to ensure maximum disciple training. Build xp trickling saloon forward in age one in place of barracks and trading post to spam outlaws and get disciple ups. Have the vil build forward village in time to not get housed and send french cons for age up food, but get grens instead of wood; send consulate to age one fb of course. Gren tiger disciple outlaw comp works quite well vs all. Need to age with 5/6 vills and train disciples in transition. Consider 300 export 4 grens/gateway into brit cons.
United States of America horse_feed
Crossbow
Clan: moin

Post by horse_feed »

always felt like Lakota outlaw ought to have some potential because of how Lakota doesn't need houses, but wasn't able to make it work in ~3 attempts.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

horse_feed wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 21:34
always felt like Lakota outlaw ought to have some potential because of how Lakota doesn't need houses, but wasn't able to make it work in ~3 attempts.
Actually used to be okay in some MUs on RE (like vs Brits), but pistoleros (or whatever name they have now) kinda suck now I think
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 22:17
horse_feed wrote:
Actually used to be okay in some MUs on RE (like vs Brits), but pistoleros (or whatever name they have now) kinda suck now I think
seemed interesting so i hopped into single player to check it out.

you have to pay 700c for big button just to have access to outlaws in age 2?
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

callentournies wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 22:57
Lukas_L99 wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 22:17
horse_feed wrote:

I thought he originally meant that 10 pistolero shipment in age 2 for 500c, but maybe I was wrong and he was talking about that BB thing (which I didnt even know existed)
United States of America horse_feed
Crossbow
Clan: moin

Post by horse_feed »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 23:59
callentournies wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 22:57
Show hidden quotes

I thought he originally meant that 10 pistolero shipment in age 2 for 500c, but maybe I was wrong and he was talking about that BB thing (which I didnt even know existed)
Yeah, I meant putting your eco onto coin and making outlaws from the embassy. Seems incredibly bad and just shipping outlaws for 500c is of course a much more serious strat