Germany - China matchup

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Germany - China matchup

Post by Kaiserklein »

Garja wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 16:19
I think China FI is also less of a problem for dopp/ulhan/skirm compared to other combos without dopps, because of how punishing is to right click with such army (siege and chance of surrounding the opponent army).
Except at the same time you have melee units and China can just sit in chokes with like 9 guard redcoats and the 12 age up skirms, hero mm etc. You won't have a lot of skirms yourself to counter that because you cut batches for dops and veterancy. Getting both vet dops and vet uhlans slows you down anyway.
Garja wrote:
On the other hand I don't see how bow/pike play is any good. It wasn't that good when China was slow and vulnerable, surely it isn't now that they have great age2 play.
I think in base bow pike semi is okay if China goes colo steppe keshik but that's about it yeah.
Garja wrote:
If anything, Germans could try to FI for WW and heavies trying to leverage the efficiency of the build (only one up required + heavies don't have a direct counter early on) while scaling from there with strong industrial cards.
That just gets shit on really hard by China doing FI themselves. 2 crows one shoot a heavy, meanwhile getting 12 skirms upon age up into billions of skirm/changdao from shipments, wonder, rax. And much cheaper guard upgrades. Ger would need culvs to counter that but again it's slow, and if you commit so much to artillery China just adds cav and z moves you eventually.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

wicked_uhlan wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 16:23
Lecastete wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 08:12
Show hidden quotes
Goon types are much better than ww vs china. Easier to move/control and less overkill
I'm a huge fan of BR, But 1000c for 9 BR is still a huge investment and I do need to know for sure that they'e going cav.. But yeah so you're saying that BR better than dops in this matchup? But aren't dops the only way to hold back the Changdao ? If im only making around 20 skirms, Im just gonna get overwhelmed by the Changdao cause my Uhlans die so fast anyways, Basically the only way for me to kill their skirms is with uhlans and that's risking the fact that i will lose at least half of them midfight..So wouldn't dops help with that matter ?
It might be personal preference I find dops awkward

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Kaiserklein wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 17:11

Except at the same time you have melee units and China can just sit in chokes with like 9 guard redcoats and the 12 age up skirms, hero mm etc. You won't have a lot of skirms yourself to counter that because you cut batches for dops and veterancy. Getting both vet dops and vet uhlans slows you down anyway.
Depending on the situation you can decide to just sit back and mass. For example as long as you have stagecoach you have better eco and with upgrades ulhan/dopp can even punish China age4 to some extent.
If you decide to push, a lot of times you can one-hit kill buildings with the dopp mass which means you barely lose any unit in the process. 2 ulhans in the back to distract and your main army kills some key buildings at the front of his base.

The only small drawback is that you have to upgrade both units to veteran but shouldn't be that big deal.
kevinitalien wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 17:08
we just need a garja stream and all his strat
I bring the ideas, you test them.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

You never beat guard changdao skirm crows with carded dop uhlan lol. Besides if you stagecoach China can also just push you in fort
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..