Mitoe please help with Mexico!

Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Mitoe please help with Mexico!

Post by LazarosVas »

So I have been intrigued by your Mexico playstyle and I started playing some, I had some nice success but most of the time doing the same thing, sending 5 vills in age II and then 700 wood.

is the tp or the hunting dogs start better? Should you go forward and send 10 insurgents first or 5 vills is a must? How can I maintain pressure and have good eco behind as well? I find myself getting stuck in age II too often and lose vs Civs aged up. @Mitoe
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Re: Mitoe please help with Mexico!

Post by Aizamk »

@Mitoe help!
oranges.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

is the tp or the hunting dogs start better?
I've tried a lot of market start or TP start, and I'm pretty sure the market start is slightly better because you can age up faster.
Should you go forward and send 10 insurgents first or 5 vills is a must?
Both are options, but I find 5 vills to be better usually.
How can I maintain pressure and have good eco behind as well?
I think it's important to get the Cathedral and Steel Traps, and then just apply a lot of pressure.
I find myself getting stuck in age II too often and lose vs Civs aged up.
I find this to be a problem too. That's why I usually put the Hacienda forward, and sometimes I ship 10 insurgentes or 5 salteadors after 5v instead of 700w. This allows you to apply the pressure faster.

An option I haven't tried yet is shipping 700w first followed by a military shipment. In theory this could be quite a strong rush because you can use the 700w for a bunch of houses, focus all villagers on gathering food, and get the Cathedral tech for the free insurgentes timed with your military shipment and first batch of units from the barracks.

If you end up in a situation where you have to age, you can get the tech at the Cathedral for 500 gold that makes your age up faster and gives you more XP crates on age up. I always choose the age up option that gives you the card for Salteadors + the Veteran upgrade, because I really don't see how you can afford to get that tech otherwise.
Great Britain LionHeart
Skirmisher
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by LionHeart »

Or you could just join the dark side
Attachments
meme.jpg
Italy MaxMagous
Skirmisher
ESO: MaxMagous

Post by MaxMagous »

Time to open that LionHeart please help with Mexico! thread
look wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2022, 08:55
Kaiserklein wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2022, 07:42
Well nvm, none of these dates work for me
who care? unfortunately, one must decide to be an aoe3 pro or not
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon

Post by LazarosVas »

Mitoe wrote: ↑
24 Apr 2022, 04:27
is the tp or the hunting dogs start better?
I've tried a lot of market start or TP start, and I'm pretty sure the market start is slightly better because you can age up faster.
Should you go forward and send 10 insurgents first or 5 vills is a must?
Both are options, but I find 5 vills to be better usually.
How can I maintain pressure and have good eco behind as well?
I think it's important to get the Cathedral and Steel Traps, and then just apply a lot of pressure.
I find myself getting stuck in age II too often and lose vs Civs aged up.
I find this to be a problem too. That's why I usually put the Hacienda forward, and sometimes I ship 10 insurgentes or 5 salteadors after 5v instead of 700w. This allows you to apply the pressure faster.

An option I haven't tried yet is shipping 700w first followed by a military shipment. In theory this could be quite a strong rush because you can use the 700w for a bunch of houses, focus all villagers on gathering food, and get the Cathedral tech for the free insurgentes timed with your military shipment and first batch of units from the barracks.

If you end up in a situation where you have to age, you can get the tech at the Cathedral for 500 gold that makes your age up faster and gives you more XP crates on age up. I always choose the age up option that gives you the card for Salteadors + the Veteran upgrade, because I really don't see how you can afford to get that tech otherwise.
Thanks a lot mate, ill try that 700 wood start as well, seems like a well timed faster push could produce better results than going 5v, Mexico eco even with the 5v shipment isnt the best.

Lion ill never join the dark side lmao! I really love this Mitoe playstyle its so fun to play.
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon

Post by LazarosVas »

Ok so I would like a question answered if possible, I played against a Russian player twice, first game was me playing Age II while after listening to Ungurs suggestion I tried to Semi-FF vs Russia in the 2nd game (Bear with me as I am not a pro player).

I would like to know what is the better option here, as I said on stream maybe I am not good enough to go semi-ff vs Russia, I find it very hard to execute as if Russia stays age II they just crush you and I run out of hunts, so Mitoe if you have the time please check these 2 games and maybe you can judge better what you have to do against Russia (In my personal opinion staying age II is fine as you can completely outscale them before 10 in army size and then take the initiative or even age, but after establishing army dominance not before)

AGE II Gameplay https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1466805787

Semi-FF Try https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1466807920

@Mitoe