Spainsh hacienda: is it worthy?

Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Re: Spainsh hacienda: is it worthy?

Post by duckzilla »

Garja wrote:
02 May 2022, 19:12
does the new card also speeds up vill production from haciendas?
si signore
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
European Union TranceGate
Musketeer

Post by TranceGate »

duckzilla wrote:
01 May 2022, 14:24
andrewgs wrote:
01 May 2022, 14:07
probably faster vils if you send a tc wagon than the hacendias
But TCs are capped at 3. When I age with TC wagon and build another one with explorer, I'm already at that cap. Hence, I can save that shipment for other stuff.
With the tc wagon increase the limit by 1 if I'm not mistaken so you could have 4 tc.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

So I feel like how the devs want the hacienda to be used is
- send 2 hacienda
- Send marvelous new year
- boom to 99 vils
- set spawn cows
- replace setlers on hacienda with cows (can also train sheep from livestock)
- effectively use it as a factory for food/coin or soldado
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

So after even more testing with the Hacienda and the spawn rates, a few more observations:

- There is a marginal decline in the spawn rate of the units based upon the amount of workers on the hacienda and its different for the vil spawn and the soldado spawn such that it has some interesting implications

So for the vil spawn :
- the first vil is responsible reduces the spawn time by 10% while the 20th vil reduces it only by about 5%
- Livestock working on the hacienda has 2 class (300 food class and 400-500 food class, i think its related to the new shared build limit for these units), the 300 food class is treated as 1/5 of a vil (with the same rate of decay) while the 400-500 food class is 1/3 of a vil

Now for the soldado spawn, which has much more interesting numbers
- The marginal decline for the soldado is not linear, the first vill reduces the spawn time by a whopping 22%, the next vil only by 18% and by the 10th vil you have already reduced the spawn time by 75% of the original
Picture1.png
- The decline for livestock on the other hand, seems to be more linear, with the first cow (or other 400-500 livestock) reducing it by about 9% and decreases by about 1% every 2 cows, while for sheep it starts at 5% and decreases 1% every 5 sheep
- Whats more, having a mix of livestock and vils working on the hacienda for the soldado treats each group on its own decay, meaning that say you have 1 vil and one cow working on the same hacienda, that gives you the full work rate of the units.

This also means that for maximum soldado efficiency, you should be combining villagers and livestock and not have all of them in one hacienda.

A few rule of thumb :

The first cow reduces spawn time by about the same as the 8th vil and its not until u add the 7th cow that the marginal villager becomes better ( so combination wise it works out to 13vils and 7 cows for a spawn time of 15.7 seconds, only 3 seconds more then the limit and saving you 7 vils on the hacienda)

The first sheep is about the same as the 15th vil or the 8th cow (so from the looks of it a vil + sheep combo is pretty bad). But a cow + sheep combo is viable-ish. The optimal number seems to be 13 cows and 7 sheep, with a spawn time of about 33 seconds. the leftover cows (7) can be set with another 13 sheep to have a spawn time of 36 seconds(only a 3 second difference)

graph of % change
Picture2.png
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Sounds solid for nooby team games. Tried it out yesterday and maxed vills at exactly 14min. Did some mistakes on the way and might have been faster otherwise.

By the way, the gather boost from Marvelous Year is quite strong. In contrast to Refrigeration/Royal Mint, it affects all villagers, no matter what they do. Additionally it is, if I understand it correctly, an aura-like bonus that stacks with market upgrades. But even if it's not, the card's gather bonus is strong. Assuming that you have 30 villagers gathering food, Marvelous Year allows you to gather an additional 2000f over the course of its 365 seconds. Of course you will have many more villagers towards the end of the timeframe, raising your additional yields easily towards 3k-4k.

I think that Marvelous Year is ridiculously overpowered in NR20 games. Not that I play many of these, but you can easily have 99 villagers by 14min and be up to Imperial by 18min with all important upgrades. The combination of gather bonus and faster villager production can accumulate several thousands of additional resources in the first 20 minutes. Should be the fastest boom in the game.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

The only word I can use to describe the hacieda + marvelous new year + spanish gold combo is "smooth". It just allows you to transition between doing just about everything so easily, since it boost gather rate as well you have enough eco to make unit batches while at the same time pumping units out of 3 tcs and 2 hacienda, especially on a tp map as well. its like you are doing everything all at once at max efficiency, it feels amazing tbh.

about NR 20, i dont know what has happened with china in NR 20 with the temple of heaven change but I still think china should be top with things like the russian consulate now also making vils cheaper, dynasty reforms and crow spam
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

So in addition to this maddness, if you get the the sudanese natives and send the red sea wagon, you can get the full 7 haciendas

+ you can also get the berbers for addition vils, which has the same work rate as normal vils for soldado spawn while normaly having lower work rate on non-natural resources.

You will have to put your entire eco on the haciendas in order be chugging out these soldados but its a marvelous feeling lol