The Native TP Rework: A Buff for French Nat Strats?

Austria MMFD
Crossbow

The Native TP Rework: A Buff for French Nat Strats?

Post by MMFD »

With the new update, you can get a tp for just 100 food and wood, drastically reducing cost while also gaining an xp trickle of 0,35.
I am still new to France, although I improved quite a lot in these last few weeks (somewhere around 1450 probably, before I couldn't get above 1400) I never really dared to try anything native related, just because it always seems like a kind of whacky strat that doesn't feel as smooth as other options.

What are your experiences and strats with natives as France?
What do you think about the rework?
All comments are welcome!
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Re: The Native TP Rework: A Buff for French Nat Strats?

Post by Thrar »

I haven't tried it but I feel like it must be at least situationally good.

For example you could do a faster semi-FF with rattan shields that sends 1k wood instead of 700w because you won't need a barracks/stable and houses early, or you could do a mini boom with Cree CdB. I'm not sure if it would be better to skip the regular TP and go up with nat TP and 13v, or open with a regular TP 14v and get the native TP in transition instead of placer mines.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Some of the royal houses units get pretty ridoncolus if u sent all 3 native ups. They also profit from cav combat and ranged inf attack and some techs/abilities are also really useful
European Union TranceGate
Musketeer

Post by TranceGate »

This change was not very good in my opinion, they make the natives broken because the tps are now cheap with this mechanism and it doesn't matter if you have to build it slow because the explorer will take care to speed it up. The rate of xp per second for natives is quite stupid as a mechanism. In all this France benefits too much both in team and in 1v1. I also don't like that natives without building the tp give visibility.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

imo Haudenosaunee benefits just as much or more from the buff than france does. nat combat, 2 infantry cards. plus the travois for a forward shipment point and other unit support. lots of potential
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Spain Logistician ATP is back on the table