new USA meta: 9 highlander at 5:30

China ziper
Musketeer
ESO: 井井井井井井井井井井

new USA meta: 9 highlander at 5:30

Post by ziper »

with 2 native tp, 2 trade tp, 3 saloon and 1 church. So you can mass outlaw and send native trade card next
Attachments
QQ图片20221019141730.jpg
Korea South Miyawaki Sakura
Dragoon
ESO: April

Re: new USA meta: 9 highlander at 5:30

Post by Miyawaki Sakura »

Good bye AOE3
Great Britain Scylla-x
Crossbow

Post by Scylla-x »

Build order please :)
Spain Synchro
Musketeer
Clan: TCP

Post by Synchro »

ziper wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 03:23
with 2 native tp, 2 trade tp, 3 saloon and 1 church. So you can mass outlaw and send native trade card next
See you hmmm or better yet never again
Starsky: Think, always think what you can improve... There is sooo much room for improvement, which most guys simply dont see, because they just use very strong bos and units combos (wws only --> easy and toooo strong). (2006)
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

9 highlanders is only worth about 30 colonial musks, no big deal at 5:30!
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Spain Synchro
Musketeer

Post by Synchro »

I don't honestly know if it's anything serious, it depends on the mu, the thing that scares the most is that it will switch to cowboy mercenaries and stuff.
Starsky: Think, always think what you can improve... There is sooo much room for improvement, which most guys simply dont see, because they just use very strong bos and units combos (wws only --> easy and toooo strong). (2006)
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Sounds OP but it needs extreme macro and some good luck. Generally you'll only get 6-7 of them (still scary though).
Spain Synchro
Musketeer

Post by Synchro »

I would say easily countered with a nice rush.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

You are all old narrow-minded whiners. You just need to adapt, don't blame the game.

France louis293
Musketeer
ESO: obelix293

Post by louis293 »

yoqpasa wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 15:15
You are all old narrow-minded whiners. You just need to adapt, don't blame the game.
blindly ship spies imao
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

louis293 wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 15:17
yoqpasa wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 15:15
blindly ship spies imao
Exactly, blind ranged spies ggwp

Great Britain LionHeart
Skirmisher
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by LionHeart »

5:30 in your base is more like 6:30 in their base with bad eco, doubt its OP
Spain Synchro
Musketeer

Post by Synchro »

OP is just gatling
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Synchro wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 13:43
A nice rush before 5:30?
LionHeart wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 15:21
You don't need 1 min to cross basically any map. More like 30s most likely. And then unless you have skirms in colo or a billion units as iro or something, how do you kill 9 highlanders at 6 min?
Btw this probably just nukes any fb
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Spain Synchro
Musketeer

Post by Synchro »

Kaiserklein wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 18:54
Synchro wrote:
LionHeart wrote:
You don't need 1 min to cross basically any map. More like 30s most likely. And then unless you have skirms in colo or a billion units as iro or something, how do you kill 9 highlanders at 6 min?
Iroquois, Aztecs, Russian, Otto. Obviously you scout the buildings and understand what he's doing.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Synchro wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 21:04
Iroquois, Aztecs, Russian, Otto. Obviously you scout the buildings and understand what he's doing.
1) You listed 4 civs out of 22
2) These rushes barely come in before 5:30 in your base (I'd say around 5:10 on average), too late to prevent the strat
3) Even if it worked, going all in (e.g fast aging as iro, aging 400w and cutting transition TPs as otto...) is a decision you may have to take before you can even scout their saloons, so it's a gamble
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Btw we can see on the screenshot he was also able to spend resources on MM lol? Or is that part of the highlander thing somehow
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Also is the eco really "bad"? Sure 13v is ugly but there's also 2 TPs and 3 saloons (though I have no idea what the trickle is for these?), and I guess on some maps the 2 nat posts (no idea why you need these for this strat either) for the native treaties follow up
Spain Synchro
Musketeer

Post by Synchro »

Kaiserklein wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 21:17
Synchro wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 21:04
1) You listed 4 civs out of 22
2) These rushes barely come in before 5:30 in your base (I'd say around 5:10 on average), too late to prevent the strat
3) Even if it worked, going all in (e.g fast aging as iro, aging 400w and cutting transition TPs as otto...) is a decision you may have to take before you can even scout their saloons, so it's a gamble
We say that it is quite risky, Iroquois can do the fast rush only that it is all in if it suits you, you damage and close it otherwise you lose. Let's say that for some civ these 9 highlanders could be a problem. I guess I will have to invest a lot more returns than him to kill higlander, explorer who will surely be in melee and minuteman.Basically Kaiser is right.
Great Britain LionHeart
Skirmisher
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by LionHeart »

Kaiserklein wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 18:54
Synchro wrote:
LionHeart wrote:
Been playing around with it more, and it does seem strong but not convinced it's OP, just watched Shake (1700 elo player) beat it with pure lb. But it does have an ok eco with a strong follow up. Upping Scottish highlanders card to 500 gold would nerf it nicely. 5:30 is also best case scenario, average timing for it is more like 6/6:30 mins.

But lets not go crazy here, it's very beatable.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I tried the strat and unless I'm missing something really important in the BO, it is not that impressive. My BO was Chinese Immigrants, Saloon card, Church card, 9 highlanders. I build 2 extra saloon and one extra church, as well as using Chinese immigrants for 3 TPs (gotta mind the 2nd one or you get one less highlander).
First of all you don't get them at 5.30 unless you find very good treasures (and I assume 1010ing because with normal age up it's not possible to send 2 cards in age2 and get them that early).
Secondly, 9 highlanders is roughly 25 musks. 25 musks in the opponent base after 6 minutes is strong but not impossible to deal with.
Third, the follow up isn't great, you're pretty much forced to spam outlaws to keep the momentum otherwise it's just a somewhat generic aggressive opening into stagecoach or similar. Your eco isn't great because you're skipping 3cdbs and even tho saloon and churches give a decent coin trickle it's still not that much.
Still a viable option but more something to channel the game into a specific direction (rushy game) rather than a new meta strat.
Image Image Image
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

Kaiserklein wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 21:41
Also is the eco really "bad"? Sure 13v is ugly but there's also 2 TPs and 3 saloons (though I have no idea what the trickle is for these?), and I guess on some maps the 2 nat posts (no idea why you need these for this strat either) for the native treaties follow up
ye and i see no one mention it but on the church you have an unique tech who give a coin trickle ( 2.5c/sec i believe ) so pretty much 4 vills
Image Image
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

Garja wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 23:22
I tried the strat and unless I'm missing something really important in the BO, it is not that impressive. My BO was Chinese Immigrants, Saloon card, Church card, 9 highlanders. I build 2 extra saloon and one extra church, as well as using Chinese immigrants for 3 TPs (gotta mind the 2nd one or you get one less highlander).
First of all you don't get them at 5.30 unless you find very good treasures (and I assume 1010ing because with normal age up it's not possible to send 2 cards in age2 and get them that early).
Secondly, 9 highlanders is roughly 25 musks. 25 musks in the opponent base after 6 minutes is strong but not impossible to deal with.
Third, the follow up isn't great, you're pretty much forced to spam outlaws to keep the momentum otherwise it's just a somewhat generic aggressive opening into stagecoach or similar. Your eco isn't great because you're skipping 3cdbs and even tho saloon and churches give a decent coin trickle it's still not that much.
Still a viable option but more something to channel the game into a specific direction (rushy game) rather than a new meta strat.
you can get cree cdb after doing some good damage by sending 1 card, i think its enough to get good eco after that, ofc you committed age 2 with this strat though
Image Image
India Realife_Brahmin
Skirmisher
ESO: Realife_Brahmin

Post by Realife_Brahmin »

Kawapasaka wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 21:27
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1628405725?t=00h01m25s

it absolutely is op lol
I'm just happy on who the opponent was on the receiving end of this very strong strategy.