British Guide Xela New Patch 2023

Colombia XelaZero
Crossbow
ESO: XelazG
Clan: SpNz

British Guide Xela New Patch 2023

Post by XelaZero »

Hello again here your good friend Xela.

I used google translate for this guide since the original one was done in Spanish : https://spetsnaz.activoforo.com/t9161-guia-brits#128269

British Xela Beginnings:

These are the essential cards for strategies. I left some empty spaces on purpose, as the decks can be customized to your liking.

PD: "Virginia's company letter has become one of the priorities for the British on land, for sea it is different"

Start GreenWich:
Start Boomer:
Start Market:
Start Sea GreenWich:
Start Sea Boomer:
Start Sea Fast Dock:

Each of these starts are perfectly playable.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

GreenWich Game Version:

This is the basic and fastest version:

Order of the Cards:

Image,Image,Image,Image o Image, Image,Image.

Order:
It begins by creating a commercial post and 3 settlers are taken to collect wood "the others for food" until they create a manor house, once the manor house is created all the settlers leave for food once our shipment from GreenWich arrives we will have 2 posts commercial and also our age advance will be faster thanks to said letter then the next shipment will be the ancestral homes and we will generate settlers from the urban center until min 2:45.

once we are advancing to the second age we will leave 2 settlers in food and all the others will go to wood our objective will be to generate 2 additional ancestral homes + 1 additional barracks. Once this is done we will focus on our development with shipments of wood either to develop the market or manor houses "houses preferably as these give us additional settlers"
thanks to this we will have a productive and sustainable development in addition to the experience of creation by the houses. thus giving great possibilities of Rush and Semi ff.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Start Boomer:

Order of the Cards:

It begins by creating 2 ancestral houses and 3 settlers are taken to collect wood "the rest for food", we will prioritize with our explorer wooden treasures to have a greater speed in the creation of the third house to give us a total of 3 ancestral houses in this Start, once the manor house is created, all the settlers leave for food and we will send 2 settlers. The next shipment will be the manor houses and we will generate settlers from the urban center until min 2:38.

once we are advancing to the second age we will leave 2 colonists in food and all the others will go to wood our objective will be to generate 3 additional ancestral homes + 1 additional barracks. Once this is done we will focus on our development with shipments of wood either to develop the market or manor houses "houses preferably as these give us additional settlers"
thanks to this we will have a productive and sustainable development in addition to the experience of creation by the houses. thus giving great possibilities of Rush and Semi ff.

Start Market:

Order of the Cards:

It begins by creating 1 manor house and a market, 3 settlers are taken to collect gold "the rest for food", the purpose of the settlers in gold is to be able to make the first food improvement on the market "hunting dogs"Imagewe will prioritize with our explorer wooden treasures to facilitate the creation of additional houses in the future, we will send ourselves the first letter that is 300 wood to give us a total of 3 manors at this start, once the manors are created all the settlers will they go for food and we will send 2 settlers the next shipment will be the manor houses and we will generate settlers from the urban center until min 2:48, this start allows us to have the improvement of food and 3 houses in the first age the benefits of this they are, the population, the settlers and the experience of creation.

once we are advancing to the second age we will leave 2 colonists in food and all the others will go to wood our objective will be to generate 3 additional ancestral homes + 1 additional barracks. Once this is done we will focus on our development with shipments of wood either to develop the market or manor houses "houses preferably as these give us additional settlers"
This development can be somewhat slow and complicated to complete, which leads us to a defensive strategy, so they must be precise and fast for a correct application of this strategy.

Start Sea GreenWich:

Order of the Cards:

Order:
It begins by creating a commercial post and 3 settlers are taken to collect wood "the others for food" until they create a manor house, once the manor house is created all the settlers leave for food once our shipment from GreenWich arrives we will have 2 posts commercial and also our age advance will be faster thanks to said letter then the next shipment will be Schooners and we will generate settlers from the urban center until min 2:45, the Schooners make the fishing boats cheaper and the most important thing increases their creation speed which allows faster development.

once we are advancing to the second age we will leave 2 settlers in food and all the others will go to wood our objective will be to generate a pier and create fishing boats + 1 additional manor house + 1 additional barracks in that order, once we are in 2 age. once this is done we will focus on our development with shipments of wood either to develop the market, houses or fishing boats "preferably the houses since these give us additional settlers"
thanks to this we will have a productive and sustainable development in addition to the experience of creating fishing boats. thus giving great possibilities of Counter attack or Semi ff.

Start Sea Boomer:

Order of the Cards:

It begins by creating 2 ancestral houses and 3 settlers are taken to collect wood "the rest for food", we will prioritize with our explorer wooden treasures to have a greater speed in the creation of the third house to give us a total of 3 ancestral houses in this Start, once the manor house is created, all the settlers leave for food and we will send 2 settlers. The next shipment will be Schooners and we will generate settlers from the urban center until min 2:38.

once we are advancing to the second age we will leave 2 settlers in food and all the others will go to wood our objective will be to generate a dock and create fishing boats + 2 additional manor houses + 1 additional barracks in that order, once this is done we will focus on our development with timber shipments either to develop the market or wharf improvements or manor houses "homes preferably as these give us additional settlers"
thanks to this we will have a productive and sustainable development in addition to the experience of creating fishing boats. thus giving great possibilities of Counter attack or Semi ff.

Start Sea Fast Dock:

It begins by creating 2 ancestral houses and 3 settlers are taken to collect wood "the rest for food", we will prioritize with our explorer wooden treasures to have a greater speed in the creation of the third house to give us a total of 3 ancestral houses in this start, once the manor house is created, all the settlers leave for food and we will send 300 wood, the next shipment will be Goletas and we will generate settlers from the urban center until min 2:38, once the shipment of 300 wood arrives, we must make 1 pier and we will start the generation of ships.

once we are advancing to the second age we will leave 2 settlers in food and all the others will go to wood our objective will be to generate a dock and create fishing boats + 2 additional manor houses + 1 additional barracks in that order, once this is done we will focus on our development with the shipments of wood either to develop the market, fishing boats or manor houses "the houses preferably since these give us additional settlers"

This development can be somewhat slow and complicated to complete, which leads us to a defensive strategy, so they must be precise and fast for a correct application of this strategy.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Important notes:

PD: military shipments are depending on the situation within the game and sometimes we don't even send them, since this depends on the behavior of our opponent

PD: Sea playstyles commonly suffer from population make sure you create the right amount of manors in the second age and continue the constant creation of fishing boats.

PD: try to have a continuous map control since this civilization requires a lot of food

PD: The selection of politicians to advance depends a lot on what civ we play against, so that's why I didn't suggest any politicians in the above mentioned guides, but my personal recommendation for the selection of politicians in second age advancement is between 1 tower + 200 gold or the secondary choice 2 settlers + 2 half-fat cows

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

that's all the basics you need to know
a pleasure to contribute to the community :3
I'm Xelaz follow me on my twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/xelazg
<iframe src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=xelaz ... xample.com" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" scrolling="no" height="378" width="620"></iframe>
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Re: British Guide Xela New Patch

Post by callentournies »

I do TP start, distributivism, VC, 700w. Then I ship GMT mid age 2 to accelerate 700c if needed and for fast age.

It’s a little rough vs rushes but I was holding fine vs some 1900 Lakota fast age 4AR triple unit shipment rushes.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Korea South Miyawaki Sakura
Dragoon
ESO: April

Post by Miyawaki Sakura »

Against some gay civs, the GMT-VC strategy looks good. Stronger than normal VCsemi FF if brits hold 2 trading posts for 10 minutes
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

I simply don’t like GMT first. I like villager or the equivalent shipped early, because they pay off a lot
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Wood trickle isn't good for British. You always upgrade gang saw during age up, so it can only be counted as 2.2 villagers. VC is the right choice if you're not going for Greenwich, as it earns 50 wood for each house now.

Greenwich FF/FI builds are generally bad: just compare it with Spainish/Ottoman FI and you realize this. A successful British FI isn't more scary than Spanish/Ottoman FI, but it's 10 times vulnerable to early pressure as British needs so much map resources. 5 hussars raiding your villagers, 5 pikemen killing TP, and the game is nearly unplayable.
Howdah

Post by callentournies »

you wood trickle and VC. Yes, it isn't worth 3v, but it's worth more than 2v. And trickles have seen a renaissance on DE, turns out no idle time gud. You don't reap any of the pop-saving benefits but what are you going to send instead, shite GMT or shite 2v? 300w? age 1 crate starts have never stuck. And are you going to send VC with nothing else? That has always been bad. VC is still worse than legacy VC, but it's a lot closer than it was. And Legacy VC with TP and 3v wash good.

The buff to brit isn't to its start but giving the civ a fast age option in mid age 2, which is really good, if you get away with VC, because youre a VC 1-trick now, since GMT first is ass (imo). Aiz may disagree.

It's just another change that pushes a civ to scale later into the game and depriving it of age 2 tempo. How boring.
If I were a petal
Display. Fetch
Things scream.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »