What counters Swe?

Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

What counters Swe?

Post by Plantinator »

seriously i feel like i win even if i play kinda worse then my oponent in most match ups again. i get they needed a buff but why all of them at once lol. (not the most pro gameplay but still, u cant balnce a game only for top 100 players)
Attachments
omg why they made swe so op again.age3Yrec
(2.92 MiB) Downloaded 19 times
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Re: What counters Swe?

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Sweden has a 50% win rate against them.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

French humour EleGiggle
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Balance is completely irrelevant outside of the top x% players.

To find out why you lost a game, identify your weaknesses and strengths. What was your strategy? Did it fail, or were you hindered in any other way? How can you prevent this from happening in the future. What was your opponent's strategy, and why did it succeed? What area of gameplay needs the most improvement, and how can you effectively train that skill?

I'm not in the mood to watch the rec right now but if you can answer these questions you should be able to help yourself. Blaming external factors (one day after a patch) is not the right mentality for one who wishes to improve.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Just to get that right i won the game but felt bad for my oponent since i feel like he played better than me.
Great Britain _NT_sven
Dragoon
Donator 06
Clan: NTDE

Post by _NT_sven »

What about age3 russia now as CA+strelets+culvs do pretty well against Swe
Plum blossoms fall below the steps like whirling snow;
They cover me still though brushed off a while ago.

-Tune: "Pure Serene Music", Li Yu (937-978 AD), the Last Lord of Southern Tang Dynasty
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Honestly, as long as you can hit him with some pressure before the third rax gets up, forcing him to ship 6 musk, you should be fine.
China SquidTheSid
Musketeer

Post by SquidTheSid »

I find that Sweden has a very slow startup, considering how they only have 5 vills and -100 food starting crates compared to launch. Given how important blueberries and Torps are for them (moreso than pretty much any other house booming civ), it's important to get out early pressure and deny them Torps/villagers.

It really helps if your civ has an early form of siege, as a handful of them (say the 6 puma spearmen from Aztec) can quite handily rip through Torps while the rest of your military idles and engages in fights. With that said, trainable crossbows does make things a lot more difficult, as they no longer need a separate building and expensive cannons to counter infantry.

For me, melee cav + skirms (like chimu + jungle bowmen) work pretty well, as the JB focus fire the Caro and the Chimu melee down xbows and cannons. They're also not that awful in melee since caro lack melee multipliers like other musks.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Not easy to play aggro against a civ which can age with tower plus 8 xbow shipement plus 2 LC shipement plus 3 cav shipement plus less vills to idle plus can send all shipements at the torp of your choice and don't need vills to gathers them.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

Zutazuta wrote:Honestly, as long as you can hit him with some pressure before the third rax gets up, forcing him to ship 6 musk, you should be fine.
wait do swedes actually have a 6 musk card too? in addition to 8 pikes, 8 xbow, 3 huss, 2 lc... jesus
Howdah

Squamiger wrote:
Zutazuta wrote:Honestly, as long as you can hit him with some pressure before the third rax gets up, forcing him to ship 6 musk, you should be fine.
wait do swedes actually have a 6 musk card too? in addition to 8 pikes, 8 xbow, 3 huss, 2 lc... jesus
I can't tell if you are serious or not, but no, it was a joke by Zutazuta about the famous 3 rax build by Vic_Swe.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
Squamiger wrote:
I can't tell if you are serious or not, but no, it was a joke by Zutazuta about the famous 3 rax build by Vic_Swe.
ok, went over my head. i was pretty sure swedes didnt get 6 musks too..
Howdah

Squamiger wrote:
Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
Show hidden quotes
ok, went over my head. i was pretty sure swedes didnt get 6 musks too..
I was confused also tbh.