Do I have any glaring weaknesses?

Great Britain CR_Joops
Skirmisher
ESO: CR_Joops

Do I have any glaring weaknesses?

Post by CR_Joops »

I was wondering if anybody significantly higher than 1300 ELO (or anyone at all for that matter) could have a look at this attached game and tell me if I have any glaring weaknesses?

It's Dutch v Japan at 1300 ELO. I'm playing on a crappy laptop atm which doesn't help but would be good to get feedback.

I can't watch my own games back atm as my laptop is too slow :( So it's difficult to see what I'm doing that could be better

Thanks!
Attachments
Dutch_Vs_Japan_1300ELO.age3Yrec
(3.71 MiB) Downloaded 93 times
Mongolia
Mongolia
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Definitive Edition 12.21704
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Re: Do I have any glaring weaknesses?

Post by lemmings121 »

I wont go too much into specif issues, but as you asked, I will talk a bit about the larger problems I see, typing while watching:

market start is ok, but don't overchop wood, extra 33 age1 is a lot, you also had 40w treasure in base, you should crackshot that if you want early market (instead of crackshoting a monkey... you can just kill the monkey without the shot). (if you do anything in age1 with pretty much all civs, you have to be precise, or you will delay yourself for no reason)

build order is a bit of, check jeroms dutch guide on strategy wall, you should be able to get a 5 hussar batch

vs japan walling in base, you really want to spread those hussar around the map to hunt for his explorers. you had 4huss sieging a house, that should be all 4 spread running around the map in all hunts, to force his explorers home.

no scout midgame (use your envoy) and spending time in colo age for no reason. instead of the third hussar batch and 8pike shipment, that could have been a fast ageup and a age3 card.

you are dutch, you can train skirms in transition. you even had spare res. could be 10more skirms ready when you aged.

@11 mins... macro, multitask, spend your res (almost 2k unspent), make vills, make army..

use those 8 pikes to take out houses, send like 4 in each direction and force him to react, sending them to his base was the same as deleting them
Great Britain CR_Joops
Skirmisher

Post by CR_Joops »

That's exactly what I'm after, thanks.

Yeah the overchopping at the start was basic stuff down badly. I didn't actually see the 40 wood treasure at first (very low graphics due to laptop)

I think most the other stuff boils down to low APM. I can't seem to concentrate on more than one thing at once. I actually did a much better job than usual of keeping my pikes alive, believe it or not.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

CR_Joops wrote:
I think most the other stuff boils down to low APM. I can't seem to concentrate on more than one thing at once. I actually did a much better job than usual of keeping my pikes alive, believe it or not.

yeah thats way more solid then most 1300 players. lots of people at this level will have weird builds with 300f crates first or something. I think with practice you can improve fast.
Great Britain CR_Joops
Skirmisher

Post by CR_Joops »

lemmings121 wrote:I wont go too much into specif issues, but as you asked, I will talk a bit about the larger problems I see, typing while watching:

market start is ok, but don't overchop wood, extra 33 age1 is a lot, you also had 40w treasure in base, you should crackshot that if you want early market (instead of crackshoting a monkey... you can just kill the monkey without the shot). (if you do anything in age1 with pretty much all civs, you have to be precise, or you will delay yourself for no reason)

build order is a bit of, check jeroms dutch guide on strategy wall, you should be able to get a 5 hussar batch

vs japan walling in base, you really want to spread those hussar around the map to hunt for his explorers. you had 4huss sieging a house, that should be all 4 spread running around the map in all hunts, to force his explorers home.

no scout midgame (use your envoy) and spending time in colo age for no reason. instead of the third hussar batch and 8pike shipment, that could have been a fast ageup and a age3 card.

you are dutch, you can train skirms in transition. you even had spare res. could be 10more skirms ready when you aged.

@11 mins... macro, multitask, spend your res (almost 2k unspent), make vills, make army..

use those 8 pikes to take out houses, send like 4 in each direction and force him to react, sending them to his base was the same as deleting them
Hey I gained 200 ELO from reading and listening to this. Thanks my man
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Beating Sir Callen dont count as a win, just saying.
[Sith] - Baphomet
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Did you shift click your villagers on crates at the beginning ?
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Great Britain CR_Joops
Skirmisher

Post by CR_Joops »

Can’t remember, game was a while back. Probably though yeah