If you need any more proof that port + peru needs to be nerfed

Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: If you need any more proof that port + peru needs to be nerfed

Post by princeofcarthage »

speedflyer wrote:its not edited , i took a part of a conversation nothing more , i dont see any edit :)
btw , i have notifications ofc i'll answer , but you could also not answer , which is not what you did so why even say this ?
This is literally what editing is called. You took an edited part of the conversation. I need to reply cuz you are a painting a wrong picture which needs to be addressed. Again make a new thread. Don't derail.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France speedflyer
Dragoon
ESO: speedflyer

Post by speedflyer »

princeofcarthage wrote:
speedflyer wrote:its not edited , i took a part of a conversation nothing more , i dont see any edit :)
btw , i have notifications ofc i'll answer , but you could also not answer , which is not what you did so why even say this ?
This is literally what editing is called. You took an edited part of the conversation. I need to reply cuz you are a painting a wrong picture which needs to be addressed. Again make a new thread. Don't derail.
edit means modify something ? which is not the case.
W/E it feels bad to talk with you , that's it for me
I hope Zoi and his team of faithful minions can stop demonizing people
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I like how the speedy guy is trying to explain his made up lies after getting EXPOSED of cropping images to manipulate, exactly shows what kind of personality he has. Such a silly move to crop convos to manipulate people haha.
France speedflyer
Dragoon

Post by speedflyer »

deleted_user wrote:I like how the speedy guy is trying to explain his made up lies after getting EXPOSED of cropping images to manipulate, exactly shows what kind of personality he has. Such a silly move to crop convos to manipulate people haha.
I dont have to explain anything at all man :p i found this sentence funny and added it there that's it :p I just dislike him trying to change the content. I mean you are my famous clown why would i change anything you say ? its funny enough

Also tell me where do you see any lie , thats your words ? Once again you're crazy but that's why i like talking to you
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

keep trying to re-explain-expiain-explain your made up crop images please. Also, you are not worthy of my time, OUT
France speedflyer
Dragoon

Post by speedflyer »

deleted_user wrote:keep trying to re-explain-expiain-explain your made up crop images please. Also, you are not worthy of my time, OUT
Cute answer :) good dog
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

speedflyer wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
edit means modify something ? which is not the case.
W/E it feels bad to talk with you , that's it for me
By your own definition... your modified the original statement aka edited..
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

Miyawaki Sakura wrote:The Peru revolt on land is not a op.
It is possible to counter.
I've never actually lost against orukitan revolt when I used the right build.
do you play lakota?
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Australia PatrickLFC
Musketeer

Post by PatrickLFC »

callentournies wrote:
Miyawaki Sakura wrote:The Peru revolt on land is not a op.
It is possible to counter.
I've never actually lost against orukitan revolt when I used the right build.
do you play lakota?
Oh yeah that's what this thread is about...
No Flag orukitan
Crossbow

Post by orukitan »

fitzbro wrote:NSFW
oh my dear fitzbro
i always think you need to buff yourself ;)
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Another classic PoC vs ESOC thread lol
yemshi wrote:maybe we are, maybe both of us simply have a different perception. from a viewers perspective, i feel like that games are won differently today and the focus has shifted. i (and probably a lot of retired players) am surprised what mistakes dont get punished anymore bc theres other ways to win the game or bc they are not seen anymore.
This would absolutely happen to a game when new, blatant balance problems are introduced. The small details are simply less impactful at that point. Executing your build just a little bit better than the opponent isn't going to help if they just have a much better strat/civ. Over time, players' focus is going to shift from optimizing execution to figuring out how to abuse balance issues as effectively as possible.

And of course it would especially happen if that coincides with many high level players quitting, which it would because to many players this shift in focus is not enjoyable.

Btw someone tell me what logistician is pls. People keep mentioning it but it's new so I don't know it and can't properly engage
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Goodspeed wrote:Btw someone tell me what logistician is pls. People keep mentioning it but it's new so I don't know it and can't properly engage
It's an age up politician for almost all european civs. Mostly used from I (Exploration Age) to II (Commerce Age). The IV variant exists too but doesn't really play a role.
You pay 900 :food: instead of 800 for a majority of the logisticians and you get a bonus based on the civ you play.

British – Pikemen and Longbowmen can be trained at Outposts, and Manors now spawn Longbowmen instead of Settlers when built.
Dutch – A Military Wagon and a Halberdier appears in the Home City shipment point and Halberdiers can be trained in the Commerce Age.
French and Swedes – A Military Wagon and an Arsenal Wagon appears in the Home City shipment point.
Germans – An Arsenal Wagon appears in the Home City shipment point, and all Exploration Age and Commerce Age Home City Cards ship an additional Uhlan.
Portuguese – Crossbowmen, Pikemen, and Musketeers gain +1 range, and all three can be trained at Town Centers.
Russians – A Military Wagon appears in the Home City shipment point, and Blockhouses now support 15 population instead of 10.
Spanish – All Exploration Age cards, as well as Improved Buildings, Hot Air Balloons, Native Lore, and Extensive Fortifications, are shipped twice as fast; ships 200 food, 100 wood, 100 coin as well (directly into your inventory, no gathering required).

People mostly complain about the Spanish Logistician in lieu with water play.
Australia PatrickLFC
Musketeer

Post by PatrickLFC »

Goodspeed wrote:Another classic PoC vs ESOC thread lol
yemshi wrote:maybe we are, maybe both of us simply have a different perception. from a viewers perspective, i feel like that games are won differently today and the focus has shifted. i (and probably a lot of retired players) am surprised what mistakes dont get punished anymore bc theres other ways to win the game or bc they are not seen anymore.
This would absolutely happen to a game when new, blatant balance problems are introduced. The small details are simply less impactful at that point. Executing your build just a little bit better than the opponent isn't going to help if they just have a much better strat/civ. Over time, players' focus is going to shift from optimizing execution to figuring out how to abuse balance issues as effectively as possible.

And of course it would especially happen if that coincides with many high level players quitting, which it would because to many players this shift in focus is not enjoyable.

Btw someone tell me what logistician is pls. People keep mentioning it but it's new so I don't know it and can't properly engage
It's a new Age II politician for European civilisations, but is different for each (think it might also have a later age version). For Age II it changes the age up cost to 900 food.

For Spain, it buffs all of your Age I shipments so they deliver an additional 400 resources, plus their original effect. This worked as you'd expect for a while and wasn't seen as problematic, but in the last patch a while back they seemingly randomly added further effects to this, namely that the extra resources don't arrive as crates, but as a direct deposit, and all the shipments also arrive in 20 seconds instead of 40. When you stack Age I cards like infinite 300 wood plus all the water cards (schooners, Advanced Dock, Fish Market etc. - even CM) all arriving double speed and also giving an extra 400 res, you can see how this creates a pretty insane snowball on water.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Thanks. They're really not paying attention over there lol
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Most of the logisticians are kinda cool/niche/shitty. It's just the Spain one that's dumb really.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

They all sound irrelevant except the Spain one which is broken, so yeah, piss poor job basically
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

The dutch one is ok sometimes but yeah theyre just shit or broken
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

ye, dutch logi unlocks vet halbs in age 2, an important thing to note. and DE moved fast halbs card to age 1. it's not great, but situationally good imo. How can opponent commit when he has to wonder if 5 vet halbs are gonna pop on top of his ruskies instead of 5 colo pikes? And the age up halb can give you some tempo re:treasure hunting, vill hunting, TP sieging. If you stay age 2 you can have quad carded vet halbs and tri carded skirmy wirmys, kinda fun ngl.

With average treasures you go 900f idleness still bank before up, send bank wagon, chop for house, and still get a batch of 5 units out without cutting vills. The greedy follow up still has 4 banks steel traps and placer mines. 5th bank with 1k wood. The idea is it's good vs civs that have to punish you age 2 and can't out tech in III vs the still very good Dutch eco and mass. Or you can adapt, cut banks and add stable ship 3 huss to just counter rushes kill fb then age. Skirm halb huss is a good unit comp.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Hmm yeah vet halbs are not bad in age2 I guess. Maybe not totally irrelevant then, but it still sounds like the kind of build that would be drowned out by stronger options as the meta settles and players learn how to just autowin after scouting it