some small help for a pr22 player

France louis293
Musketeer
ESO: obelix293

some small help for a pr22 player

Post by louis293 »

hello,
sorry i am not a great player (was pr22 legacy), started DE recently, learn to play haud (couldn't paly them legacy because were op), i don't understand the new civs here is a small game vs hausa where i juist did a basic ff (sorry build isn't probbly accurate and not used a lot to hit and run because i played russia XD) does that civ (hausa) don't require map control ? is it a boom civ ?

Thanks in advance
Attachments
[SP] obelix293[IR] vs zlvrong[HA] - MinasGerais.age3yrec
(2.56 MiB) Downloaded 99 times
MinasGerais
MinasGerais
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Germany lenlenlena3
Musketeer
ESO: lenlenlena

Re: some small help for a pr22 player

Post by lenlenlena3 »

Hausa can do anything, they're great at playing turtle because they get like 4 Palaces (Forts, similiar to agra but weaker (3k hp, 30 dmg) in age 2?
However they can also boom because they have universities with 0.75 trickle depending on each TC,TP, Palace it has around so most commonly each University has a 2.25 trickle of influence, which is very close to a bank trickle.
With the influence they can buy strong military units and cannons in age 3 or they can research strong tech boosts from the university.
They have really versatile and decent age up choices in age 2 it can be 300 wood and 1 building or berber age up 2 which give them influence crates and allow them to train berber nomads (faster gathering villagers on natural resources only) from tc for influence etc. , in age 3 they can get like 600 XP, or an age up that can enable a tech to be researched which give fulani more range than skirmishers combined with the card too. Can be very difficult to assume what he is doing because he could do anything.
They get sanga cattle for each shipment and the live stock market gives instant resources because they can sell the cattle or any livestock for ONLY coin or gold and they can get 1 to 1 exchange rate if the livestock stays on market for long enough and the hausa player doesn't oversell, which means 500 coin or wood for a 500 food cattle eventually. They can also just eat the extra food.. The cattle also trickles in 0,13 influence if I remember correctly.
However they can also use their instant resource bonus to make a large army age in age 2, fulani are decent, javelin riders low pop and very cost effective, 3x vs heavy cav and 5x in melee vs heavy cav, really good however they can get age 3 cav in age 2 with a 500 influence card (lifid knights, high hp lower dmg). So a few ideas on how they can boom, turtle or play aggressive.

Common things i've seen high level players do with Hausa is
-go age 4, spam merc shipments along the ages, make army ship gattling camels or other units
- go for semi ff into lifidi dominant age 3 push
- age 2 fulani boom, stay in base make universities and a lot of fulani with a few javelin, research the tech to allow fulani to gather resources go age 3, boom harder then push
- age 2 tower rush with desert camels from watch tower and dessert warriors, similiar strength to strong native rush with inca but a lot more versatile and less all in.
- akan ankobia... right click .. age 2 play or age 3 play, if they get close to anything in mass they do a lot of damage (splash damage high dps musketer, trainable at barracks for very good price after sending in age 2 card)

I think with haude you go age 3 a lot faster than Hausa usually so you could go for a strong early 3 pressure push, idle, pick off units, good trades then eventually collapse him with extremely strong units and mass, skirmishers and musket riders, then spam unit shipments melee cav etc.. I would ignore fotress as much you can, unless it's right infront of eco, fotresses are spamable for hausa and buy so much time, which you don't want to give hausa in age 3.
You could go semi ff with kanya or pressure age 2 with early warhut mid map and units. Hausa has been nerfed in last patch so now they usually age up around 3mins or even later, in which you can punish them if your civs ages up faster. I'm not sure if I would go full out in age 2 because eventually they're just way stronger in age 2.
He doesn't really have anything to deal with the forest prowlers early age 3. Eventually he hits strong spike in age 3 and can make so many units combined he could have a lifid mass, cannons, merc shipments or can potentially get 22-24 (iirc) range fulani and outmass all in combination but that takes time.

If he plays simple age 2 I think you need to play patient I would assume you need to hold defensively with warhut and aenna, cav or anticav or both and try not overreact so you can age eventually. I would assume fulani and javelin plus decent eco is quite hard to deal with for haude in age 2.

I played this match up as hausa and also played a bit of hausa so i'm sharing my thoughts hope it helped.
https://www.twitch.tv/lenlenlena

play aoe 3 like aoe 4 doesn't even exist baby
India Realife_Brahmin
Skirmisher
ESO: Realife_Brahmin

Post by Realife_Brahmin »

lenlenlena3 wrote:.
Upcoming streamer and musician lenlenlena, apart from making beautiful commentary on aoe3 games, also giving solid strategy advice. Please follow this guy on twitch if you don't already. :smile:
Germany lenlenlena3
Musketeer

Post by lenlenlena3 »

Realife_Brahmin wrote:
lenlenlena3 wrote:.
Upcoming streamer and musician lenlenlena, apart from making beautiful commentary on aoe3 games, also giving solid strategy advice. Please follow this guy on twitch if you don't already. :smile:
ah man, you're very kind :love:

Germany lenlenlena3
Musketeer

Post by lenlenlena3 »

I watched you game, you just missed your timing, need to make skirmishers with 5-10 musket riders in back and explorer and you can already start pushing and poking and then keep on adding skirmishers and ship in kanya horsemen or useful military shipments.
1k resources second shipment after 5 musket riders (which isn't bad) just killed all your momentum needed in age 3.
And after that you could of still won but you floated so many resources so you missed your batches to get out the extra units to overwhelm him and do decisive damage.
As you can see in replay he ages up to second age so late, can even punish it with age 2 timing push and age behind.
He just has strong peak in age 3 and you pretty much just let him get age 3 and his strong timing without killing him before or dealing a lot of damage by poking early with your skirms.
When you have like 15-20 skirms and 10 musket riders at that point you can just idle him, kill villagers, kill army.
I probably would have either chopped a little wood for houses in transition from age 2 to age 3, then made stable with travois, make musket riders asap, ship 8 skirms, make skirms, make another batch of musket then started carefully poking his army or exposed villagers. With like 5 musket riders (another 5 on way) and 13 skirms (8 from shipment) and my explorer and then after just spam kanyahorseman shipments and keep on adding skirms, you only need like 10 musket riders to deal with his age 2 cav and you can do damage while he tries to match your age 3 (which he was). Eventually you just get stronger and stronger and do more damage and then when he hits age 3 his options will be a lot more limited and his age 3 spike very much delayed if he doesn't resign before.

If you get fast age 3, you can also not chop in transition and then send 1k resources first be a little more greedy and stabilised, delay push slightly and after spam units and unit shipments and do the same as above.

I think haude is a bit more difficult to play similiar to lakota because it's not a babysit civ with auto eco and hold my hand mechanics, if you miss your timings it's very easy to get stomped, you need to be very on point and precise with this civ.

France louis293
Musketeer
ESO: obelix293

Post by louis293 »

lenlenlena3 wrote:I watched you game, you just missed your timing, need to make skirmishers with 5-10 musket riders in back and explorer and you can already start pushing and poking and then keep on adding skirmishers and ship in kanya horsemen or useful military shipments.
1k resources second shipment after 5 musket riders (which isn't bad) just killed all your momentum needed in age 3.
And after that you could of still won but you floated so many resources so you missed your batches to get out the extra units to overwhelm him and do decisive damage.
As you can see in replay he ages up to second age so late, can even punish it with age 2 timing push and age behind.
He just has strong peak in age 3 and you pretty much just let him get age 3 and his strong timing without killing him before or dealing a lot of damage by poking early with your skirms.
When you have like 15-20 skirms and 10 musket riders at that point you can just idle him, kill villagers, kill army.
I probably would have either chopped a little wood for houses in transition from age 2 to age 3, then made stable with travois, make musket riders asap, ship 8 skirms, make skirms, make another batch of musket then started carefully poking his army or exposed villagers. With like 5 musket riders (another 5 on way) and 13 skirms (8 from shipment) and my explorer and then after just spam kanyahorseman shipments and keep on adding skirms, you only need like 10 musket riders to deal with his age 2 cav and you can do damage while he tries to match your age 3 (which he was). Eventually you just get stronger and stronger and do more damage and then when he hits age 3 his options will be a lot more limited and his age 3 spike very much delayed if he doesn't resign before.

If you get fast age 3, you can also not chop in transition and then send 1k resources first be a little more greedy and stabilised, delay push slightly and after spam units and unit shipments and do the same as above.

I think haude is a bit more difficult to play similiar to lakota because it's not a babysit civ with auto eco and hold my hand mechanics, if you miss your timings it's very easy to get stomped, you need to be very on point and precise with this civ.

thank you very much ! thxs for pointing out my mistakes, i was just pretty suprise that i had full map control at some point and he still had his two mines at the end, thanks !
United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

Use control groups for your buildings so you can train vills/milliary efficiently. 1 = barracks 2 = stables 3 = town centers. Use ctrl-shift-a to select all of the same building.