French build on Florida

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

French build on Florida

Post by Kaiserklein »

Since I've heard lots of people complain about France being weak lately, and also because there's a common misconception that the civ is easy / one dimensional / boring / super standard etc, here's a rec of a game I just played on Florida. Of course Florida is a great French map so don't expect to be able to pull this off in the same way on most other maps. Still I was up against India which is also great on Florida, though the guy misplayed a lot obviously.

Essentially, because you get away with market + TP in age 1, you only need to get placer mines while aging to colonial. Which means you stack a lot of resources (also because France gets lots of treasures), and can just ff without 700g (so 4 cdbs 700w) sub 7 mins which is extremely fast without shipping coin (tip: have most of your cdbs on coin, then switch to food when steel traps comes in, for a faster age up). Then you can just drop a TC from the wood directly upon age up, and from here do whatever you want: go industrial with 1000g, greed more with 1000w, or chop wood and ship units for more standard fortress play.

In this game I just trained a few goons to defend / pretend I'm staying fortress / harass him, while adding a 3rd TC from 1000w, then aged up to industrial. 3 TC boom FI is the greediest you can get and it's probably a bad idea against a good player (here I was able to hold), so probably don't go for that. Once I held it was just won because I was industrial, had 3 TCs, and was able to follow up with factories. Past 14 mins it's kinda pointless to watch, I was sort of having fun just training heavies and teching my units with my 80 cdbs eco.

On a side note, you can do a similar build with Germany. It's just not as good because you're a bit slower and you need more houses (so adding TCs is much harder), and don't enjoy the Florida sheep and treasures quite as much. But it sort of works in some MUs.
Attachments
[SP] Kaiserklein[FR] vs Frontline[IN] - Florida.age3yrec
(4.45 MiB) Downloaded 75 times
Florida
Florida
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Finland somp
Dragoon

Re: French build on Florida

Post by somp »

India is so slow civ that you can literally visit a whorehouse middle of the game and still do whatever you want. Not that french is bad, its quite average at everything.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

This is my build
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

somp wrote:
12 Feb 2022, 14:49
India is so slow civ that you can literally visit a whorehouse middle of the game and still do whatever you want. Not that french is bad, its quite average at everything.
Well he slowed himself down by training sepoys in colo which achieved basically nothing, with an in base agra too. Then he shipped siege eles but he didn't have anything to fight even 5 skirms which I trained while aging to indus, so it was useless. And he's probably like 10 PR lower than me so of course he's likely to be slower and generally speaking to just lose.
So yeah, I think india should totally be able to punish a 3 TCs FI like I did. Realistically, I should have gone for only a 2nd TC out of 700w, and then 1000g upon fortress, because what I did is just too greedy
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..