Germany KaanHoca
Crossbow
ESO: KaanHoca
GameRanger ID: 9460097

[Recs wanted] Abus/Jan

Post by KaanHoca »

Title should be self-explaining.
the ottoman classic ff and abus jans are the bread and butter of otto players,
but at the moment I do double rax instead of abus/jan normally because my abus jan bo is quite slow, which is obviously vulnerable to skirms and walls,
because of this reason I would appreciate if I could get up to date abus/otto gameplay.
w and w/o tradepost play if possible :chinese:
imgur.com/a/7KPXbBR
Peru Ezad
Advanced Player
ESO: Ezad
Clan: KEKs

Re: [Recs wanted] Abus/Jan

Post by Ezad »

Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

The most classic strategies for jan/abus:

TP boom: start with a tp, chop 200 wood in transition for a second tp, mine 125 gold for the first 5 jans batch then all vills to food. Use 400 wood from age up for a barracks and stagecoach and set TPs to wood or coin. Send 700 wood for a foundry and houses, then 700 gold for producing units, after that adapt.

No TP boom (was used to counter agressive age 2 play on legacy): start with a tp, chop 300 (250 on de) wood in transition for a foundry, mine 125 gold then all vills to food. Use 400 wood from age up as well as the wood you chopped for a barracks, a foundry and 2 houses. Queue 1 jan and 1 abus with 125 gold, send 700 gold first and finish both batches. This force of 5 jans and 5 abus can deal with any rush. Send 700 wood for houses and economy, it is good to add a stable in 1v1 as well. Follow it up with 600 gold for more units.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

With jan abus you used to get an unmatchable mass of 50ish pop of quality units at 8 min. The build used to be 700w 700g 600g 600w 3huss. 600w is for stable and houses. Most civs can't get all 3 unit type that fast and with such mass. Huss are key to snare and/or body block opponent cav so that he cannot surround your jan abus unpunished.
With jan/abus nerfed and with better resources it is not as strong as it used to be. Still very strong vs the non FF civs especially on 3+ TP maps.
Image Image Image
Brazil xitaxuta
Crossbow
ESO: xitaxuta

Post by xitaxuta »

KaanHoca wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 21:59
Title should be self-explaining.
the ottoman classic ff and abus jans are the bread and butter of otto players,
but at the moment I do double rax instead of abus/jan normally because my abus jan bo is quite slow, which is obviously vulnerable to skirms and walls,
because of this reason I would appreciate if I could get up to date abus/otto gameplay.
w and w/o tradepost play if possible :chinese:
i hardly go jan/abus earlier since has been nerfed quite a bit in DE. They can also be countered by any decent semi-FF. However this silkroad rush (see record) is pretty decent in terms of early pressure with decent eco behind.

works well vs japan/swedes/brit.

hope you like it :flowers:
Attachments
[SP] TestoBirne[JP] vs Buff Otto[OT] - Korea.age3yrec
(5.31 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
Korea
Korea