Better AI Mod

Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Re: Better AI Mod

Post by Peachrocks »

I think what they refer to is how both the vanilla ai and this one current sends massive amounts of villagers to resources beyond what is safe but I know you are well aware of this issue. Admittedly though I’ve played a few games where this was far more pronounced then I’d seen recently to the point where one AI went down to about 12 vills from about 56. They also don’t run their villagers away as much as the base AI now I think about it.
New Zealand akemi05
Crossbow
ESO: JohnKwon05

Post by akemi05 »

hey ever since recent update this mod seems to be clashing with the game. please fix it asap.
United States of America NewMercies
Crossbow

Post by NewMercies »

akemi05 wrote:hey ever since recent update this mod seems to be clashing with the game. please fix it asap.
Thank you for letting me know. I will try to fix it and update it as soon as I can.
"The law commands but gives neither feet nor hands. Better news the gospel brings; it bids me fly and gives me wings." John Bunyan
Crossbow

Post by NewMercies »

akemi05 wrote:hey ever since recent update this mod seems to be clashing with the game. please fix it asap.
The issue is now fixed! Make sure to update and restart the game first. :biggrin:
"The law commands but gives neither feet nor hands. Better news the gospel brings; it bids me fly and gives me wings." John Bunyan
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

is the mod campaign-friendly? @NewMercies
Crossbow

Post by NewMercies »

pecelot wrote:is the mod campaign-friendly? @NewMercies
Not currently. It would possibly work but I removed some things that were specific for Campaign, so I disabled it from activating in the Campaign by making it resign. However, I possibly can test and change this in the future. The campaign AI is not my focus.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Can you sum up (if you remember) what you disabled? The entire campaign rework would indeed be a bigger task, but if certain acts are playable as of now, it'd be enough for me! :biggrin:
Crossbow

Post by NewMercies »

pecelot wrote:Can you sum up (if you remember) what you disabled? The entire campaign rework would indeed be a bigger task, but if certain acts are playable as of now, it'd be enough for me! :biggrin:
Sorry, I intended to reply to this sooner, but for some reason, there was an error when I tried to make a post. After that, I forgot to try again. Basically, I just removed references that specified Campaign civs, and disabled it from working in Campaign since it is untested. However, I could remove the restriction and see how it plays out, but I would definitely have to add some things back for it to work properly.
New Zealand akemi05
Crossbow

Post by akemi05 »

as expected there is an error after downloading the Mexico civ... hope you can fix this ASAP!
Crossbow

Post by NewMercies »

akemi05 wrote:as expected there is an error after downloading the Mexico civ... hope you can fix this ASAP!
Working on an update to release as soon as I can!
New Zealand akemi05
Crossbow

Post by akemi05 »

I am so sorry If I am bothering you but I want to know how close are you to updating a mod since it is almost a week since the mod is broken.
Crossbow

Post by NewMercies »

akemi05 wrote:I am so sorry If I am bothering you but I want to know how close are you to updating a mod since it is almost a week since the mod is broken.
I am very close to releasing one, trying for today or tomorrow. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to look much into the Mexican civ, so their AI may underperform compared to other AI. Additionally, there are other things to polish and I am continually trying to work on specific things like villager control, but I can probably release a working update first and release small updates fixing things thereafter.
New Zealand akemi05
Crossbow

Post by akemi05 »

NewMercies wrote:
akemi05 wrote:I am so sorry If I am bothering you but I want to know how close are you to updating a mod since it is almost a week since the mod is broken.
I am very close to releasing one, trying for today or tomorrow. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to look much into the Mexican civ, so their AI may underperform compared to other AI. Additionally, there are other things to polish and I am continually trying to work on specific things like villager control, but I can probably release a working update first and release small updates fixing things thereafter.
cool mate. I won't play against Mexican AI then... hopefully Mexican AI gets released within this year. :smile:
Crossbow

Post by NewMercies »

akemi05 wrote:
NewMercies wrote:
cool mate. I won't play against Mexican AI then... hopefully Mexican AI gets released within this year. :smile:
I just released an update! I actually added a bit more for the Mexican AI than I thought, but certainly a lot of its potential is still left untapped. For civilizations like Mexico such as the US and the Africans, there is a lot of depth (given that they are comparatively much more complicated than most other civilizations) that is hard to account for with the AI, but I am always in the process of trying to improve them. I will hopefully for this winter season be releasing some updates a bit more frequently given that I have more time.
New Zealand akemi05
Crossbow

Post by akemi05 »

just a reminder about upcoming Italy/Malta DLC coming within 2 days. Hope everything is going well and you will add mods to Italy and Malta
Crossbow

Post by NewMercies »

akemi05 wrote: ↑
25 May 2022, 02:35
just a reminder about upcoming Italy/Malta DLC coming within 2 days. Hope everything is going well and you will add mods to Italy and Malta
Thank you! I am working on an update now, and will try to incorporate whatever the developers added in their own AI changes if it is suitable to the mod. I may also need some time to understand the new civilizations more, but hopefully I can establish some baseline functionality.
Crossbow

Post by NewMercies »

akemi05 wrote: ↑
25 May 2022, 02:35
Just updated it for this patch, but I know there is currently an issue with the Eurasian Steppe map, where the AI will not build a TC. I will see about releasing a micropatch for that tomorrow, as well as updating some change notes on this site (which I haven't yet done). If you come across any issues, let me know!