Durokan's DE Custom Map Workshop

United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Durokan's DE Custom Map Workshop

Post by Durokan »

I am creating this thread to host custom map requests and resources for DE similar to my RE thread over here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4748 . I'm not sure exactly what I'll be doing in regards to this but also felt that it was appropriate to create since I've done a ton of balance work for RE maps going into DE as well as porting a bunch of the EP maps over. Will be giving some updates on that process too.

I will eventually be porting my old maps to DE, so any requests for those first would be welcome.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
United States of America killer_luck
Crossbow
ESO: killer_luck

Re: Durokan's DE Custom Map Workshop

Post by killer_luck »

I want to create DE version of Food Wood Gold but not sure how shared resource collection was done in viewtopic.php?f=33&t=14314. Wonder if you could help with that
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

killer_luck wrote:I want to create DE version of Food Wood Gold but not sure how shared resource collection was done in viewtopic.php?f=33&t=14314. Wonder if you could help with that
That's a scenario iirc? I don't know if anything was really changed in scenario editor for DE.
United States of America killer_luck
Crossbow
ESO: killer_luck

Post by killer_luck »

vividlyplain wrote:
killer_luck wrote:I want to create DE version of Food Wood Gold but not sure how shared resource collection was done in viewtopic.php?f=33&t=14314. Wonder if you could help with that
That's a scenario iirc? I don't know if anything was really changed in scenario editor for DE.
Yes that's correct. I was able to load the scenario into DE in scenario editor, but it relied on custom triggers defined in a typetest.xml file and I can't figure out how that works in the DE version, as I don't see a typetest.xml under Trigger folder, and if I just save it there it doesnt seem to work. I opened a separate post here regarding this: viewtopic.php?f=985&t=21725&sid=b47d799 ... 0f0d3dc44c
No Flag MateCouldIbeYellowPls
Crossbow

Post by MateCouldIbeYellowPls »

Hey Durokan!

I'm a nr40 player and while DE brought some great new maps for treaty with it (Dakota, Mexico, Ozark etc. etc.) the best and by far most played map for nr40 is and will always be Upper Andes (because of the abundance of natural ress, the big space to build base, the middle TP line but first and foremost because of the location and nature of the nats which make train times better and provide strong anticav and skirm units).

So these last couple of days I've been planning a new skin (New England Style) for the Andes Map to celebrate the introduction of the US (I've even sketched it in the Map editor and everything) but I do not have the technical skills to actually create it. I was wondering if you might be interested in creating it? The nr40 community would be absolutely thrilled if you did!

If you actually did here would be some ideas to make Upper Andes even better than it is today for nr40 games:
- New England Treasures (Andes Treasures suck)
- Thinner treelines "in front of base" " and in the two nat choke points (aka in the middle of the map" so that civs that dont chop a lot can still build smooth bases)
- Big dense forests in the very back of nats (so that wood heavy civs can relly upon wood income for longer)
- Making the trade route bonus 2x more important so that map control is rewarded more.

Any help would be highly appreciated!!!
Attachments
Thin treelines in the middle.jpg
Thick treelines in the back of Nats.jpg
Starting Hunt.jpg
Inca Nats just like Andes but eventually different skin of Village.jpg
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

MateCouldIbeYellowPls wrote:Hey Durokan!

I'm a nr40 player and while DE brought some great new maps for treaty with it (Dakota, Mexico, Ozark etc. etc.) the best and by far most played map for nr40 is and will always be Upper Andes (because of the abundance of natural ress, the big space to build base, the middle TP line but first and foremost because of the location and nature of the nats which make train times better and provide strong anticav and skirm units).

So these last couple of days I've been planning a new skin (New England Style) for the Andes Map to celebrate the introduction of the US (I've even sketched it in the Map editor and everything) but I do not have the technical skills to actually create it. I was wondering if you might be interested in creating it? The nr40 community would be absolutely thrilled if you did!

If you actually did here would be some ideas to make Upper Andes even better than it is today for nr40 games:
- New England Treasures (Andes Treasures suck)
- Thinner treelines "in front of base" " and in the two nat choke points (aka in the middle of the map" so that civs that dont chop a lot can still build smooth bases)
- Big dense forests in the very back of nats (so that wood heavy civs can relly upon wood income for longer)
- Making the trade route bonus 2x more important so that map control is rewarded more.

Any help would be highly appreciated!!!
Letting you know what I've seen this. Been extremely busy as of late but I will try to fit this in sometime in the next week or two.
No Flag MateCouldIbeYellowPls
Crossbow

Post by MateCouldIbeYellowPls »

Oh man thanks a lot that would be absolutely amazing!!! No pressure on timing whatsoever!!
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

That game mode is gold
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Also "minegold" A map where you only gather gold is pretty fun
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

NekoBerk wrote:Also "minegold" A map where you only gather gold is pretty fun
Do you have any specifics for that? I can't help with the scenario as that isn't my area of expertise. I'm not big into triggers, so I can really only make regular maps. Maybe could consider learning them at some point, but it's not what I would generally call in RMS.