Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

WASD Camera unlock

Post by EAGLEMUT »

What does this mod do?
  • Unlocks ability to freely use WASD (or other keys) for camera movement.
  • You can still set up camera hotkeys in the same way as before, in the "Game World Hotkeys" section, except now they will work regardless of conflicts with other hotkeys.
    Note that if you have other actions assigned to the same hotkeys, both will execute.
This mod is aimed pretty much solely at casual players who don't use hotkeys to find/train units, but instead wish to use WASD keys to move the camera. Assigning those hotkeys is kind of bugged in the unmodded game, because they will not respond properly unless the keys are manually unassigned from all other hotkey sections. I've seen so many requests to fix this (mostly by new players coming from other games), that I've decided to take a look and implement a solution.

How do you install the mod?
From the main game menu go Tools -> Mods -> Browse Mods -> "WASD Camera unlock" -> Subscribe.
This mod requires a game restart after installation.
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Re: WASD Camera unlock

Post by UpMySleeves »

EAGLEMUT wrote:This mod is aimed pretty much solely at casual players who don't use hotkeys to find/train units, but instead wish to use WASD keys to move the camera.
Thems fighting words.
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Waiting for the time where, despite this mod working, it will break something else in the game somewhere down the line.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

aaryngend wrote:Waiting for the time where, despite this mod working, it will break something else in the game somewhere down the line.
Ah, I see you've installed mods before!
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.