vivid's DE maps

Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Re: vivid's DE maps

Post by vividlyplain »

Update: added new map Arena and updated OP. Updated 2v2v2v2 spawns on majority of maps for consistency.

Future considerations: Mod for sharing maps.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

vividlyplain wrote:
n0el wrote:Make an aoe3 arena please
Done. There are 5 spawns: yellow river, dekkan, nwt, new england, and andes. Trees, terrain, outlaws, and natives change for each.

scary FI map. love it
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

that is one sexy box constraint on them trees
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

dansil92 wrote:that is one sexy box constraint on them trees
I'm impressed too. I'd not managed to get one anywhere close to that clean when I was making a forest map years ago
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Durokan wrote:
I'm impressed too. I'd not managed to get one anywhere close to that clean when I was making a forest map years ago
Thanks.
spoiler
here is the tree code

Code: Select all

// ____________________ Trees ____________________
for (j=0; < (10+5*PlayerNum)) {
int Trees1ID=rmCreateObjectDef("trees"+j);
if (whichMap == 1)
rmAddObjectDefItem(Trees1ID, "ypTreeDeccan", rmRandInt(50,50), rmRandFloat(10,10));
else if (whichMap == 2)
rmAddObjectDefItem(Trees1ID, "TreeNorthwestTerritory", rmRandInt(50,50), rmRandFloat(10,10));
else if (whichMap == 3)
rmAddObjectDefItem(Trees1ID, "ypTreeYellowRiver", rmRandInt(50,50), rmRandFloat(10,10));
else if (whichMap == 4)
rmAddObjectDefItem(Trees1ID, "TreeNewEngland", rmRandInt(50,50), rmRandFloat(10,10));
else
rmAddObjectDefItem(Trees1ID, "TreeAndes", rmRandInt(50,50), rmRandFloat(10,10));
rmAddObjectDefToClass(Trees1ID, rmClassID("Forest"));
rmSetObjectDefMinDistance(Trees1ID, rmXFractionToMeters(0.32));
rmSetObjectDefMaxDistance(Trees1ID, rmXFractionToMeters(0.50));
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(Trees1ID, avoidTownCenter);
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(Trees1ID, avoidIslandMin);
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(Trees1ID, avoidRegicideMin);
rmPlaceObjectDefAtLoc(Trees1ID, 0, 0.5, 0.5, 10+5*PlayerNum);
}
Germany animusvox
Crossbow
ESO: SirThore

Post by animusvox »

Hello @vividlyplain and all others in the forum.

I was looking for a custom map called "Lost" we had for Legacy and couldn't find it. I've seen you created the map "Nomade" for DE, which is a bit similar to Lost in some regards (except the 3 vils, the boat and the 700 starting wood). So i was wondering if it was possible for you to recreate this custom map or if theres any other option make this playable again. I have no idea how much work it is, but i guess starting from Nomade its mainly adding the treasures.

Also im new to the forums and i hope i posted this request in the right spot.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

animusvox wrote:Hello @vividlyplain and all others in the forum.

I was looking for a custom map called "Lost" we had for Legacy and couldn't find it. I've seen you created the map "Nomade" for DE, which is a bit similar to Lost in some regards (except the 3 vils, the boat and the 700 starting wood). So i was wondering if it was possible for you to recreate this custom map or if theres any other option make this playable again. I have no idea how much work it is, but i guess starting from Nomade its mainly adding the treasures.

Welcome to ESOC! This is another map I’ve long thought about. My current idea was to try to merge a few of my maps into one and have it randomly select a map for lost. I want to do the same for Nomad as well.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

animusvox wrote:Hello @vividlyplain and all others in the forum.

I made my own lost using my nomad map as a base. It's not worth the effort to make multiple spawns that match my own map and I found Lost 5.02 and it seems like it was quite popular and a fun map so I took some time to port it over for DE and rejig some stuff. I added onto the great work by @GruntGG and @Rikikipu .
some Lost 6.00 minimaps
Attachments
1vividlyLost.xs
(39.59 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
1vividlyLost.xml
(1.22 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
00Lost600.xs
(67.79 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
00Lost600.xml
(1.41 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Finally got around to making my map mod and updated OP. Just subscribe and enable and my maps will appear in your custom maps dropdown menu.

My Map Mod
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

played some games on arena. some thoughts (if you care)...

Map is too small and the starting base is too small and low resource. i think 2 hunts minimum and 2 mines, plus a cutout behind in the forest with another mine and hunt

also for some reason i kept getting yellow river spawn, not sure if thats a bug or just insane RNG god shit
mad cuz bad
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

n0el wrote:played some games on arena. some thoughts (if you care)...

Map is too small and the starting base is too small and low resource. i think 2 hunts minimum and 2 mines, plus a cutout behind in the forest with another mine and hunt

also for some reason i kept getting yellow river spawn, not sure if thats a bug or just insane RNG god shit
Ofc feedback is always welcome!

I’m not surprised that it’s too small. I wasn’t sure what to do about the in base res tbh. Planning an update in the next few days anyway and I’ll get this map updated.
Germany animusvox
Crossbow

Post by animusvox »

@vividlyplain I thank you so much for doing this. I cant wait to play Lost with my friends and online.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

animusvox wrote:@vividlyplain I thank you so much for doing this. I cant wait to play Lost with my friends and online.
Right on! You can all play if you’ve got my map mod activated. Leave any feedback you have here. If there’s a spawn that isn’t working or whatever you notice just post it here.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

I've updated my map mod. I've added some maps by others (see below), updated arena as per feedback from @n0el, and added @Aizamk's spectator UI to all of my maps (ready if you want them @iNcog).

Check out my mod here or in game.
Settler Massacre
RH Chesapeake
RH Polynesia
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Polynesia looks insane, the ffa spawn looks better than the others, though.
What are the nat's on this map?
Spain pain train is real
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

thing is with the polynesia FFA spawn is that everyone is incentivised to go backwards instead of forwards. maybe if players spawned on the outer side and moved in like they would do on ceylon.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Rohbrot wrote:Polynesia looks insane, the ffa spawn looks better than the others, though.
What are the nat's on this map?
zen and jesuit (4 zen and 2 jesuit iirc)
I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:thing is with the polynesia FFA spawn is that everyone is incentivised to go backwards instead of forwards. maybe if players spawned on the outer side and moved in like they would do on ceylon.
can't say i've watched this 2 hour video but it has been played on before on legacy
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:thing is with the polynesia FFA spawn is that everyone is incentivised to go backwards instead of forwards. maybe if players spawned on the outer side and moved in like they would do on ceylon.
But so the player's are near to each other and building outpost's near coast is even more viable as it would have been in an outer side. I liked this more, dunno.
Spain pain train is real
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

ive played polynesia on a jailed stream, 9 out of 10 would not play again :D

.... ok it was fun if you care about winning and balance, wouldnt recommend FFA on this though haha
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:ive played polynesia on a jailed stream, 9 out of 10 would not play again :D

.... ok it was fun if you care about winning and balance, wouldnt recommend FFA on this though haha
That’s fine. I did say it was a crazy map lol. I forgot jailed did a ffa on it, I thought just team games.

Obviously from the video some people enjoyed the map so to each their own.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

vividlyplain wrote:I've updated my map mod. I've added some maps by others (see below), updated arena as per feedback from @n0el, and added @Aizamk's spectator UI to all of my maps (ready if you want them @iNcog).

Check out my mod here or in game.
Settler Massacre
RH Chesapeake
RH Polynesia
I try to use
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Germany animusvox
Crossbow

Post by animusvox »

@vividlyplain Hey man, your Settler Massacre is really nice. We had so much fun and play it every now and then. One thing we noticed is, that theres some bad balancing (some civs start with enough resource for mill others must wait like a minute). if the game started with 1 shipment for everyone that would balance it i think. also the original version of SM had this.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

animusvox wrote:@vividlyplain Hey man, your Settler Massacre is really nice. We had so much fun and play it every now and then. One thing we noticed is, that theres some bad balancing (some civs start with enough resource for mill others must wait like a minute). if the game started with 1 shipment for everyone that would balance it i think. also the original version of SM had this.
It’s essentially the same map as the original. I think I only changed the lighting. I can look into a starting shipment for my next update.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

January 18, 2021: added Nechako River and St Helens, Lost 6.01 update - smaller and better treasure spawns, some QoL improvements like spawn consistency and lighting, and added NR20 versions of Fraser River and Black Rock Desert where you cannot cross half map until the treaty expires (using code by pftq and Furby). Updated OP.
Nechako River
RH St Helens
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

FYI some of these maps will be used for our RoyaL Clan 3v3 tourney so you might want to give some a try. Don't worry, none of the meme maps will be in the tourney map pool.

I'm open to feedback and can make changes to maps if you have some ideas for improvement before the tourney begins, just let me know here or on discord.