vivid's DE maps

Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Re: vivid's DE maps

Post by vividlyplain »

@howlingwolfpaw this is what i've managed so far... i have a small bug that i can't sort out yet (maybe someone has a bright idea)

but you can have 0 explorers or 2 explorers xD (yes japan/india get 4 monks)

Edit: I can also get it to spawn with 2 TCs and one explorer.

anyway, let me know what you think of this as your starting base... ignore the ugly terrain (just for testing)
Attachments
fort.JPG
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

That is pretty beautiful work!

Its about the right size, I ws imagining something slightly bigger to put a couple buildings or factories in once you got them. but that is great.
can you disable all other walls? so people only have a star fort and a small town to protect it with?
does it need a 2nd exit?

There are really so many possibilities with this...

what are you thinking as map terrain for a regicide map?
I see a moat, are you going to have an ocean around it for sea battles? or in the center?
most resources in the center?
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:That is pretty beautiful work!

Its about the right size, I ws imagining something slightly bigger to put a couple buildings or factories in once you got them. but that is great.
can you disable all other walls? so people only have a star fort and a small town to protect it with?
does it need a 2nd exit?

I see a moat, are you going to have an ocean around it for sea battles? or in the center?
There’s no water, it’s just a blue terrain called “testmix” that stands out from the grass. It’s a grouping so I can’t add another gate or make it bigger, etc unfortunately. Right now there aren’t any regicide triggers and I’m not sure exactly how it would work with this. You might have to destroy every last wall segment before the regicide triggers kick in.

I’ll look into disabling walls if you want.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Gg wp no re
Spain pain train is real
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

vividlyplain wrote:

does it need a 2nd exit?

There’s no water, it’s just a blue terrain called “testmix” that stands out from the grass. It’s a grouping so I can’t add another gate or make it bigger, etc unfortunately. Right now there aren’t any regicide triggers and I’m not sure exactly how it would work with this. You might have to destroy every last wall segment before the regicide triggers kick in.

To be honest if its a regicide map or not I do not really care, I just was hoping for a map like fortress in AOE 2 where everyone had a small start village, and make use of the really cool walls. The difference being no resources in base an no additional walls. So everyone is vulnerable and also protected. Might need a couple gates so vils can get inside the fort when being attacked/ raided.

I wouldn't mind seeing it almost like a fast map death match where you also start with some extra crates and a livestock pen with 10 sheep that you could strategically decide when to eat.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:

does it need a 2nd exit?

To be honest if its a regicide map or not I do not really care, I just was hoping for a map like fortress in AOE 2 where everyone had a small start village, and make use of the really cool walls. The difference being no resources in base an no additional walls. So everyone is vulnerable and also protected. Might need a couple gates so vils can get inside the fort when being attacked/ raided.

I wouldn't mind seeing it almost like a fast map death match where you also start with some extra crates and a livestock pen with 10 sheep that you could strategically decide when to eat.
Extra crates, buildings, and units are simple. However, changing the fort grouping to add gates and the like wouldn’t be feasible at this time. Technically it’s possible but would add complications to playing the map online.

There are some other groupings I can explore however that may have added gates.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

well I trust you to do what you do man. Its a niche map so dont need to pour in tons of time. I just like the way bonnie springs looks a lot and think would be cool to have a really elaborate and thought out map.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:well I trust you to do what you do man. Its a niche map so dont need to pour in tons of time. I just like the way bonnie springs looks a lot and think would be cool to have a really elaborate and thought out map.
haha that's the map i think of every time i look at this fort :P
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

@Rikikipu @Durokan @Garja @EAGLEMUT @Aizamk and anyone else familiar with RMS that might want to help a low iq noob . . .

I'm trying to spawn diamond mines on a new map. They must be spawned as units to be mineable. I want one team to have their mines spawn on one mountain and the opposing team on the other mountain. Currently, all the mines spawn on the same mountain. In the image below, I'm trying to keep the blue and green mines on one mountain and the red mines on the other mountain.

Here is the code I have so far, I have never used rmGetPlayerTeam before so I'm not exactly sure how to use it.

Code: Select all

//Starting Diamond Mine
int diamondID = rmCreateObjectDef("diamond mine");
rmAddObjectDefItem(diamondID, "deREVMineDiamondBuildable", 1, 1.0);
rmAddObjectDefToClass(diamondID, classGold);
rmSetObjectDefMinDistance(diamondID, 0.0);
rmSetObjectDefMaxDistance(diamondID, 1000.0);
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(diamondID, avoidGoldShort);
if (rmGetPlayerTeam(i) == 1)
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(diamondID, stayPlateau4);
else
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(diamondID, stayPlateau2);
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

the snippet seems ok, though worth nothing that (iirc) player teams are zero-indexed.

edit: where are you looping through 'i'?
oranges.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Aizamk wrote:the snippet seems ok, though worth nothing that (iirc) player teams are zero-indexed.

edit: where are you looping through 'i'?
It didn’t seem to matter what I changed the team to. Perhaps the issue is with “looping through i”?

Do I need to add something like

for (i=1; < PlayerNum + 1) 
?
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

You could probably just avoid the loop entirely and use
rmPlaceObjectDefInArea(object, 0, plateauName1, team0count);
rmPlaceObjectDefInArea(object, 0, plateauName2, team1 count);
After defining the object
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

Yeah, there are a few ways to do it. I'd suggest placing the object in the area as dansil suggests.

Another thing you could have a separate definition for each mountain you want and just place them at the center of each mountain and allow a variance equal to the radius of it. Once you get that working you could again try to use the loop.

Also is the current code snippet looping? How are you defining "i" and how is it changing to iterate through the teams?
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Durokan wrote:Yeah, there are a few ways to do it. I'd suggest placing the object in the area as dansil suggests.

Another thing you could have a separate definition for each mountain you want and just place them at the center of each mountain and allow a variance equal to the radius of it. Once you get that working you could again try to use the loop.
dansil92 wrote:You could probably just avoid the loop entirely and use
rmPlaceObjectDefInArea(object, 0, plateauName1, team0count);
rmPlaceObjectDefInArea(object, 0, plateauName2, team1 count);
After defining the object
Thanks for the suggestions. They can’t be placed like a regular mine if you want to actually mine them. For example, the code below will spawn the mines in the locations I want, but players cannot mine them:

// ____________________ Moar Diamond Mines!!!! ____________________
if (PlayerNum > 2 && TeamNum == 2){
// Left Boob Mines
int goldcount = PlayerNum/2;

for(i=0; < goldcount) {
int leftboobmines = rmCreateObjectDef("left boob mines"+i);
rmAddObjectDefItem(leftboobmines, "deREVMineDiamondBuildable", 1, 0.0);
rmSetObjectDefMinDistance(leftboobmines, rmXFractionToMeters(0.0));
rmSetObjectDefMaxDistance(leftboobmines, rmXFractionToMeters(0.45));
rmAddObjectDefToClass(leftboobmines, classGold);
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(leftboobmines, avoidGoldShort);
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(leftboobmines, stayPlateau2);
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(leftboobmines, avoidIslandShort);
rmPlaceObjectDefAtLoc(leftboobmines, 0, 0.50, 0.50);
}

// Right Boob Mines
int gold2count = PlayerNum/2;

for(i=0; < gold2count) {
int rightboobmines = rmCreateObjectDef("right boob mines"+i);
rmAddObjectDefItem(rightboobmines, "deREVMineDiamondBuildable", 1, 0.0);
rmSetObjectDefMinDistance(rightboobmines, rmXFractionToMeters(0.0));
rmSetObjectDefMaxDistance(rightboobmines, rmXFractionToMeters(0.45));
rmAddObjectDefToClass(rightboobmines, classGold);
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(rightboobmines, avoidGoldShort);
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(rightboobmines, stayPlateau4);
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(rightboobmines, avoidIslandShort);
rmPlaceObjectDefAtLoc(rightboobmines, 0, 0.50, 0.50);
}
}
else {
// FFA Mines
int gold3count = PlayerNum;

for(i=0; < gold3count) {
int SEgoldID = rmCreateObjectDef("ffa mines"+i);
rmAddObjectDefItem(SEgoldID, "deREVMineDiamondBuildable", 1, 0.0);
rmSetObjectDefMinDistance(SEgoldID, rmXFractionToMeters(0.0));
rmSetObjectDefMaxDistance(SEgoldID, rmXFractionToMeters(0.45));
rmAddObjectDefToClass(SEgoldID, classGold);
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(SEgoldID, avoidGoldFar);
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(SEgoldID, stayPlateau2);
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(SEgoldID, avoidNatives);
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(SEgoldID, avoidIslandShort);
rmPlaceObjectDefAtLoc(SEgoldID, 0, 0.50, 0.50);
}
}
They’re like orchards and mango groves where they have to belong to a player.

I already had them spawning on separate peaks but nobody could mine them (just torps could suck them dry).

This would work the same way as say if I wanted to spawn a Duber for each player but keep each team's monkeys on separate peaks. Right now, if these were Dubers, the game would commence with a Duber battle on one mountain rather than them spawning apart from the enemy monkeys.

My goal here is to have the player mines spawn on the mountains, but have them grouped by team.
Durokan wrote: Also is the current code snippet looping? How are you defining "i" and how is it changing to iterate through the teams?
I'm not really sure what you're asking, sorry. I've included some more code if that helps? This is just with all the starting res and objects.

// ____________________ Starting Resources ____________________
// Town center & units
int TCID = rmCreateObjectDef("player TC");
int startingUnits = rmCreateStartingUnitsObjectDef(5.0);
if (rmGetNomadStart())
{
rmAddObjectDefItem(TCID, "CoveredWagon", 1, 0.0);
}
else
{
rmAddObjectDefItem(TCID, "TownCenter", 1, 0.0);
rmAddObjectDefToClass(TCID, classStartingResource);
}
rmSetObjectDefMinDistance(TCID, 0.0);
rmSetObjectDefMaxDistance(TCID, 0.0);

// Starting mines
int playergoldID = rmCreateObjectDef("player mine");
rmAddObjectDefItem(playergoldID, "Mine", 1, 0);
rmSetObjectDefMinDistance(playergoldID, 16.0);
rmSetObjectDefMaxDistance(playergoldID, 16.0);
rmAddObjectDefToClass(playergoldID, classStartingResource);
rmAddObjectDefToClass(playergoldID, classGold);
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(playergoldID, avoidTradeRouteSocket);
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(playergoldID, avoidStartingResources);

//Starting Diamond Mine
int diamondID = rmCreateObjectDef("diamond mine");
rmAddObjectDefItem(diamondID, "deREVMineDiamondBuildable", 1, 1.0);
rmAddObjectDefToClass(diamondID, classGold);
rmSetObjectDefMinDistance(diamondID, 0.0);
rmSetObjectDefMaxDistance(diamondID, 1000.0);
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(diamondID, avoidGoldShort);
if (rmGetPlayerTeam(i) == 1)
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(diamondID, stayPlateau4);
else
rmAddObjectDefConstraint(diamondID, stayPlateau2);
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Wait they have to belong... To a player? Thats ridiculous lol. Maybe try my water flag code from guatemala that uses a "which area is closer" check. That might work. Otherwise im stumped
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

dansil92 wrote:Wait they have to belong... To a player? Thats ridiculous lol. Maybe try my water flag code from guatemala that uses a "which area is closer" check. That might work. Otherwise im stumped
Haha yeah and I unfortunately didn’t think to playtest it before releasing it. Oopsie!

I’ll look at that fancy water flag code of yours and try it. My first thought is it won’t work simply because the two locations are supposed to be the same distance but it’s worth checking out. Thanks.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

i dont really understand why that complicates things all that much. you can place objects that require team placement by simply placing them with their 0 value as the playernum value. this can be done in a loop just like the tc.

for i < players
if playerteam = 1
place leftboob + i
else
plcae rightboob + i

placing inside the area location as dansil suggested would work fine if you replace 0 with i

if you cannot figure out the getplayerteam you can write your own function that detects which team the player is on by looking at their spawn coordinates (which is where you place their tc) and comparing that to a linear function that you use as the mirroring map. IE top central is if player(x) > .6, player(z) or whatever coordinate also > .6. This gives team 1 and otherwise team 2. etc. Tailor this to your specific needs for the map. This works along any axis of symmetry with a few sets of boolean logic.

obviously you'll also have to track which side you are putting team 1 on and mirror the boobs if you mirror the team placement

if this is still an issue later i will look at it when i have time to sit at a desk and review the map
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Durokan wrote:i dont really understand why that complicates things all that much. you can place objects that require team placement by simply placing them with their 0 value as the playernum value. this can be done in a loop just like the tc.

if this is still an issue later i will look at it when i have time to sit at a desk and review the map
Well, this is why you have a workshop and dansil and I just have a maps thread. :lol:

I’ll let you know what I can manage, thanks again for the help!
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

So, are those private mines?
Image Image Image
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Garja wrote:So, are those private mines?
Yes. In this image only blue can mine from the blue mine, blue ally from the green mine and the enemy mines are in red (one for purple, one for yellow). And I'm trying to get the red mines to spawn on the other mountain.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Why is that tho, seems quite a funky idea.
Image Image Image
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Garja wrote:Why is that tho, seems quite a funky idea.
The design is to have 1 per player divided between the mountains. I did this quite easily, but the mines cannot be mined unless they belong to a player. So now I’m spawning them as starting objects for the players but trying to separate team mines.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

vividlyplain wrote:
Durokan wrote:i dont really understand why that complicates things all that much. you can place objects that require team placement by simply placing them with their 0 value as the playernum value. this can be done in a loop just like the tc.

Well, this is why you have a workshop and dansil and I just have a maps thread. :lol:

Haha alright bet. Let me know what you can accomplish and ill try to help out
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Durokan wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:

Haha alright bet. Let me know what you can accomplish and ill try to help out
I'm tagging you in! I'm at a loss. I've attached the map in its current state.
Attachments
1vividlyTwinSisters.xs
(48.6 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
1vividlyTwinSisters.xml
(1.92 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

I'll look over it sometime in the next few days, busy with work and lecture at the moment