Northwest Territory

Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Northwest Territory

Post by macacoalbino »

Hi people!

Would any map maker be interested in doing a sort of remake from this old map? I think it's a decent layout just needing to have more surface area to attack on land.
Imo it's a decent NE style map if adapted to today meta.
I would love to maybe work on this but I have absolutely zero knowledge about map making...

Here's an old video where I found this map in action for the first time which gave me the will to make this post. Cheers

Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Re: Northwest Territory

Post by vividlyplain »

macacoalbino wrote:Hi people!

Would any map maker be interested in doing a sort of remake from this old map? I think it's a decent layout just needing to have more surface area to attack on land.
I would love to maybe work on this but I have absolutely zero knowledge about map making...

Here's an old video where I found this map in action for the first time which gave me the will to make this post. Cheers
Could just turn your head sideways and play Dhaka. :lol:

Maybe some more details about what you’d suggest for improvement?
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

vividlyplain wrote:

Well, I guess forget all that I said in the post... The maps are identical! lol :lol:
However, if this was to be carried on, I'd go for a Dhaka like map but with a smaller pond in the middle with a wider access to each players base and 2 separate trade routes like in the original one behind tcs (would be a mixture of dhaka with patagonia maybe) :kinggreen:
Probably I would remove livestock from the map and put small treasures only
Oh, and maybe i'd probably do it in America, to vary the natives and looks from Dhaka as well

Idk, something along these lines...

Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

macacoalbino wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:

Well, I guess forget all that I said in the post... The maps are identical! lol :lol:
However, if this was to be carried on, I'd go for a Dhaka like map but with 2 separate trade routes like in the original one behind tcs (would be a mixture of dhaka with patagonia maybe) :kinggreen:
The original design had that as an alternative spawn.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

I just edited the post with some more stuff :p

Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

@vividlyplain Which original design? From Dhaka?

Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

macacoalbino wrote:@vividlyplain Which original design? From Dhaka?
Correct.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Poor Sam.. getting his defeat smeared in his face once again :cry:
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

I didn't realize you were an N3O lol

United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

I didnt touch the landmasses, but it did receive a resource pass on DE because I really like it. Let me know what you think of that compared to RE
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

What do you mean resource pass? Like a res rebalance? I'll check it out later today!

United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

macacoalbino wrote:What do you mean resource pass? Like a res rebalance? I'll check it out later today!
Yep, it should be more consistent and fair for 1v1
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

Amazing! Idk if it would be something you can change now, but really, making the central pond like half the size would improve the map a lot.
Also, Imo push the water a bit back in the left and maybe (not sure yet) remove the island on the left of make it really small (kinda like wadmalaw islands [but pls no cows xD])...
I'll get back to you once I open the map in the game, which I didn't yet :p

Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

I remember when that vid came out of @samwise12 losing. Not a happy camper!
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

36Drew, coming to you!
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

Durokan wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:What do you mean resource pass? Like a res rebalance? I'll check it out later today!
Yep, it should be more consistent and fair for 1v1
I'm impressed at how good and consistent the map seems to be already.
Honestly if I were to alter it for competitive play I'd do some (if not all of) the following changes:

1. Definitely make the central sandbank a lot wider so aggression can be more viable - The main access to your opponent's TC is that middle road. It should be extra large so the map becomes less of a turtle monitor fiesta (I think that this is the main issue with competitive play in this map from the little that I've seen);
2. Remove most of the big/native warrior treasures. Move the most relevant ones close to the Sand bank or the land portion in the right - This would make treasures slightly more fair since you won't be able to pick up say 90w behind your base uncontested;
3. Push TCs a bit further back towards the edge of the map (somewhere between where it is and half the distance to the back) - So there are less ultra safe and meaningful resources behind the TC and discourage turtle camping a bit;
4. Push water further to the left having more space between the shore and starting TCs - I guess it's nice to have more space to hide raiding troops and you can accommodate some of the resources/treasures that are currently behind TCs;
5. Create some way to access opponent's base through the left. (An idea would be connecting main land with the left-most island somehow [could be a sand bank that goes along the edge of the map through the island and into opponent's base?] - This would allow raiding/resource gathering similar to Herald Island.

:salt: :salt: :salt: I'd like to add a disclaimer that I'm commenting about the map with purely 1v1 land sup bias :salt: :salt: :salt:
I'm not really sure but I think this map shouldn't be viable as a water boom map, I could be wrong in that sense...