AGE OF THE WORLD mod for Definitive Edition - SPOTLIGHT

Colombia Fenriz
Crossbow

AGE OF THE WORLD mod for Definitive Edition - SPOTLIGHT

Post by Fenriz »

I’m glad to introduce the new Age of the World mod for Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition!
Image There are some of the features you will find in here:

The first main difference you’ll find between this mod and regular AoE3 is the absence of population costs of every units except Villagers! This is the new feature I want the most to have feedback of, as I have been playing the Wars of Liberty Mod for legacy, and it has been very enjoyable to have the limitation of population once more.
Another difference is that defensive structures no longer have a build limit, and wall conectors can now transform into the civ’s defensive building.
All civs now have a late game infinite Wood building. For most, it’s the Sown Grove - Grove Sowers can be trained from the Town Center - but some civs have very different buildings.
All the civs not introduced in this mod, so all the civs present in DE and its expansions, have been left mostly untouched besides the new aformentioned features, with some minor tweeks to some civs.

Now to the new Civilizations and Cultures!Note: each civ includes new units, but I encourage you to explore them yourselves as they are A LOT and I don’t want to make this post exceedingly long!

New Culture: Legendary Outlaws

This culture’s economy is all about gold. They have a unique age-up mechanic, Raids! Raids can be started with the explorer type unit of a civilization and have a higher gold cost and lower gold cost than regular age-ups from the Colonial Age forward! They have unique Villagers who have a mixed Food and Gold costs with specific bonuses. They also each have a unique fort type that combines the functions of a Fort and a Capitol, providing both a strong frontier defense aswell as a late game economic improvements. Their gold building is also avaliable from Colonial Age

Civs in this culture:

Barataria Pirates - Their unique Villager is the Crewmate, having a bonus at gathering gold. Their unique Dock has an anti-ship attack, and can train Treasure Ships - ships that can’t attack but generate gold when tasked to a Pirate Dock. Their unique fort type unit is Fort Tortuga and their leader is Jean Laffite.

New Culture: Polynesian

This culture is all about… well, culture! Each civilization in this culture has a civ specific statue with different variations that provide different bonuses. They cannot be built with a Villager, and instead builders can be sent from their Home City and spawned at the Ceremonial Site. Speaking of which, the Ceremonial Site is where they Age Up. Instead of selecting a Politician, they will select a God each age. For now they grant shipments like other civs, but in the future it is possible they will grant bonuses depending on the age they were chosen depending on feedback. Their age up is particularly slow, but can be sped up by tasking Villagers there, which also speeds up the spawn rate of builders. Finally, their late game resource building is the Altar, which can be toggled to gather any of the 3 resources from. Initially, the gather rate is slow, but can be significantly improved upon.

New African Civs:

Moroccans - The Moroccans are well versed in the art of trade. That is reflected one of their unique buildings: the Moroccan Plantation (name subject to change) - here they can gather either Wood or Influence. They also have access to the Moroccan Marketplace that combines the function of the Livestock Market and a Farm.

Egyptians - The Egyptians are a camel civilization. They have 4 different camel units to choose from, and are not left behind in infantry either. They obtain Influence through Monuments (functionality will be changed in the future, but aspect kept) that change model everytime you build one. They passively generate Influence. The Egyptian Field allow for 10 gatherers instead of 3 like regular Fields.

Zulu - The Zulu are one of the civilizations whose buildings will be visually rework in a very near future. They future the Kraal as their food building instead of the Field. Here they can also train Nguni Cows and fatten livestock. The Herbalist Market provides the normal techs and functions of a regular market, but significantly increase in price from Fortress age forward, also becoming their gold building. The Royal Hut replaces the Palace, having an arrow attack instead of cannon.

Yoruba - The Yoruba are one of my favorite visually. Unlike the rest of the African Civilizations, they don’t have access to the Granary, instead having the Plaza - a building that is also free to build and slowly generates influence and increases nearby Villagers’ gather rate. They also lure hunt and provide economic improvements like the Granary. They have a build limit of 10.Note: the Zulu and Yoruba were part of a sub-culture, therefore their Age Up is currently different from other african civs. They are similar to European age up techs but feature sub-tribes or relevant cities instead of politicians. This is will be removed in the future and replaced with regular Alliances. New Alliances will also be added in the future.

New Native American Civilizations:

Cherokee - The Cherokee are similar to other North American Native civilizations. They are unique in their Alliance with Railroad Company, represented in their unique market - the Railroad Work Post. This Market also has a unique Big tech that allows Railroad Works to be trained from Artillery Foundry. These units attack close range with a pickaxe but shine throwing dynamite at enemy buildings. They can also send Imprisoned Settlers from their Home City in larger number than regular Villagers shipments.

Mayans - The Mayans will undergo a visual building rework in the near future aswell! The civ is a mixture of their ancient self and the Mayans represented in the Mexican revolution, featuring a mixture of older and more recent units. They are particularly good at gathering gold, especially from their unique gold building - the Gold Quarry. Their house unit, the Nah Huts, also allow Villager to garrison in them gaining a ranged attack similarly to the Town Center.

Inuits - The Inuit are one of my favorite civs from this mod! They are visually very striking, and are particularly good fishermen and hunters. They have access to the Hunting Cottage which lures hunts, contains hunting upgrades, and increase the huntable gather rate of nearby Villagers. They also have a unique aditional Villagers - the Huskies! They start the game with 4 Huskies and 4 Villagers, and can send more from their Home City, enabling them from being trained from the Town Center and increasing their build limit. The Huskies can gather from animals and be tasked to the Community Plaza with half the effectiveness of a regular Villager.

New Sub-Culture: Rainforest Natives

This is a sub-culture of the Native Americans, being very similar, but with their specific trait being that they can’t directly gather gold.

Caribs - One of my favorite civs! Like mentioned earlier, they can’t directly gather gold… but they do use gold. They obtain it from the Western Trade Post, their unique market, where they can buy chests of gold with food and wood in an even exchange rate. They also have access to the Caribbean Tree Plot, their unique Wood building that benefit from all tree gathering upgrades, and the Native Gathering House that train cavalry and (other units) from other tribes.

Tupi - The Tupi can’t gather Wood, but on the other hand don’t use it at all. The Malocas can toggle between food and wood gathering, and instead of the Market they have the School! Here they can research economic upgrades and research techs that allow Villagers to be trained faster. They can research a tech at the Town Center that enables currency exchanges in the School.

New Asian Civilizations:

Cambodian Khmers - As expected, they are an elephant civilization! They have their unique Wonders (almost all of which don’t work yet lol) and a wide array of elephant units to choose from. They are missing unique cards, but they will be added very soon!

New European Civilizations:

Jesuits - The Jesuits are one of the most unique civilizations in this mod. I placed them here, but I could’ve just as easily placed them under the Native Civilizations. They cannot gather gold directly either, but they can generate it with the Jesuit Churches and by attending sermons at the Town Square! They can improve the generation of gold by the Jesuit Churches in the churches themselves, aswell as having access to an array of cards that can upgrade the churches! They are thematically very unique and I highly recommend them!

Finnish - The Finnish are the civ most similar to other civs already in game, while having a lot of things keeping them very unique. Instead of houses they have Northern Lights Viewing Tents, which besides supporting population can also be garrisoned by 5 villagers or infantry units and improves nearby gather rates. Instead of Mills and Plantations they have Maatilas. This building allows two resources to be gathered at the same time, being able to toggle between the 3 possible combinations. Instead of the Livestock Pen they have access to the Sámi Reindeer Farm, that slowly spawns herdable reindeer and can also train them at a faster rate (and also fattening livestock faster). Finally, the Finnish Dock spawns a Perch when built - a fish providing an infinite ammount of food. The Finnish are also lacking their unique set of cards. (edited)

This is a very quick summary of the mods’ features, possibly having a lot of typos due to the speed I am typing this at, so I encourage you to try the mod for yourself!

MOD CREATED BY: Kaeto Santos

If you want to give it a shot, don’t forget to visit and join the mod’s Discord server:

https://discord.gg/krkrufwTNr
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Re: AGE OF THE WORLD mod for Definitive Edition - SPOTLIGHT

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

Tupi Outposts are literally a guy in a tree.

10/10 mod
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

is this WOL in DE?? We need a tournament!!!
:nwc:
Italy MaxMagous
Skirmisher
ESO: MaxMagous

Post by MaxMagous »

@Jerimuno smells blood
look wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 08:55
Kaiserklein wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 07:42
Well nvm, none of these dates work for me
who care? unfortunately, one must decide to be an aoe3 pro or not
Great Britain Widgie
Crossbow
ESO: Widgie

Post by Widgie »

This looks amazing! I'm gonna have to check this out!
Reporting on all things STRATEGY

:coin: YouTube -> https://bit.ly/30VIuWH
:food: Twitch -> https://www.twitch.tv/widgie1
:wood: Discord -> https://discord.gg/KCwufjjScN
Greece Thodoros_S
Crossbow

Post by Thodoros_S »

Want to see this mod to rise, keep update it
No Flag uberjz
Dragoon
ESO: WoodPusher

Post by uberjz »

Polynesian dick worshippers?
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

where can i download this mod, i am quite curious
Image Image
Italy MaxMagous
Skirmisher
ESO: MaxMagous

Post by MaxMagous »

Theres a download and installation channel in the discord linked in the OP @kevinitalien
look wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 08:55
Kaiserklein wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 07:42
Well nvm, none of these dates work for me
who care? unfortunately, one must decide to be an aoe3 pro or not
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

MaxMagous wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 22:28
Theres a download and installation channel in the discord linked in the OP @kevinitalien
ah ye thx, i am blind xD
Image Image