Game randomly crashes midway through

United States of America KnArLoC
Crossbow
ESO: KnArLoC

Game randomly crashes midway through

Post by KnArLoC »

I've already submitted a support ticket but idk how long they will take to respond so I'm asking around here to see if anyone has similar issues as I do.

My game will randomly "Stop Responding" after 10-15 mins, most often in team games or FFA. The only way out of this is to force shut down the game then I can't reconnect and the game just ends for me. This happens in almost half of my team games, at some point.

The interesting part is that when this happens during team games half the times I get given the win, and half the time I get a loss. It's really weird and I'm not sure if this bug affects everyone in the game or just me.

I've already verified the integrity of game files on steam, updated my drivers, and checked my firewall to make sure the game was whitelisted. Any other ideas?
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Re: Game randomly crashes midway through

Post by Jotunir »

KnArLoC wrote:I've already submitted a support ticket but idk how long they will take to respond so I'm asking around here to see if anyone has similar issues as I do.

My game will randomly "Stop Responding" after 10-15 mins, most often in team games or FFA. The only way out of this is to force shut down the game then I can't reconnect and the game just ends for me. This happens in almost half of my team games, at some point.

The interesting part is that when this happens during team games half the times I get given the win, and half the time I get a loss. It's really weird and I'm not sure if this bug affects everyone in the game or just me.

I've already verified the integrity of game files on steam, updated my drivers, and checked my firewall to make sure the game was whitelisted. Any other ideas?
Sounds like a massive memory leak to me. There is not much you can do about it sadly.
Scotland __ron__
Crossbow
ESO: __Ron__
Clan: TAT

Post by __ron__ »

I'm having the same problem. Its only on treaty games, I am guessing that's because they last a lot longer. Probably 70% of Treaty games have crashed. Dont know whether its happening to the other players in the game or just me. Might be my pc, something came up about memory after one crash. I've got 8gig though (the graphic card has 2.5gig)
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

I used to get this and could only avoid it by restarting every 2-3 games. Ordered some more RAM and now I don't seem to have the issue anymore, which is dumb because 16gb should have been plenty. But I did used to have this issue with other games where I'd have to close pretty much every other program to avoid crashes even though there technically should've been no need so maybe the issue was on my end and one of my sticks was dodgy. Either way DE does eat RAM.
Scotland __ron__
Crossbow
ESO: __Ron__
Clan: TAT

Post by __ron__ »

viewtopic.php?f=986&t=21779#p495157

Since my message above I bought extra ram, now running on 16gb instead of 8gb. The game runs a lot better. Ram before was at 90%+ with the game running, whenever it spiked over 95% the pc ground to a halt. Now its running on 70%. The game is now taking up 60%, which is about 9gb, which is more than my old 8gb for the whole machine! (I'm not technically minded so might be interpreting that wrong)
BTW its still crashing, twice, but in the lobby, not in game.