DE auto delete all system files

Colombia JDTR
Crossbow
ESO: iJDTR

Re: DE auto delete all system files

Post by JDTR »

Use Recuva as soon posible in OTHER DISK DRIVE, no in the same, or you can use other partition, be carefull, don't overwrite the deleted files.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Garja wrote:Couldn't it be someone is just sending malware through DE? Seems ridicolous that a game is deleting sys files.
I mean it even seems rather obvious that it happens after matchmaking. Been playing single player vs the AI for a while and didn't get any issue.
Steam is the actual malware...
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

More than 24h since the bug has been reported and not a single word acknowledging the issue from the devs...
I honestly feel like asking for a refund and never buying anything aoe related ever again.
This whole story is just a fiasco...

Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

Can we maybe organize a mass tweet session to see if we get some kind of response?

Australia robo
ESOC Media Team
ESO: robo_boro
Clan: sQad

Post by robo »

Thanks for the report. Our team is currently investigating this as a top priority.
In the meantime, if you’re experiencing this issue, please report it via our Support Team at https://support.ageofempires.com/ to receive one to one assistance.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

robo wrote:Thanks for the report. Our team is currently investigating this as a top priority.
In the meantime, if you’re experiencing this issue, please report it via our Support Team at support.ageofempires.com to receive one to one assistance.
That was a prompt response.

They’re watching us.
Netherlands Vafurx
Crossbow
Donator 02

Post by Vafurx »

If they're watching, please make unit counters more clear :santa:
Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon
ESO: Nightwing

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

robo wrote:Thanks for the report. Our team is currently investigating this as a top priority.
In the meantime, if you’re experiencing this issue, please report it via our Support Team at https://support.ageofempires.com/ to receive one to one assistance.
Thanks for breaking silence and giving us a response. Much appreciated.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

vividlyplain wrote:
In the meantime, if you’re experiencing this issue, please report it via our Support Team at support.ageofempires.com to receive one to one assistance.
That was a prompt response.

They’re watching us.
:uglylol:

Austria OliverP
Skirmisher
ESO: OliverP

Post by OliverP »

No Flag JackSparrow_IB
Crossbow
Donator 01
ESO: JackSparrow_IB

Post by JackSparrow_IB »

Thank's for the feedback.
I hope your team fixe this ASAP, this issue fucked up my computer.
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

Oof... Gonna hold off on that new surface laptop till this gets sorted out.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

iCourt wrote:Oof... Gonna hold off on that new surface laptop till this gets sorted out.
You were gonna buy a surface to play DE?
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Has to be for work too. Surface laptop is just a laptop. Not the tablet you are most likely thinking of.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft- ... Id=6374337

Work requires slim fashionable laptop if I have one. Currently that means I have a MacBook Air that run legacy no problem. No gaming computers for me. Specs should suffice for some casual games. Not looking to run at max graphics etc.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Actually I didn't like the specs on surface when i was researching for myself(which is why I was surprised), no i didn't think of the tablet.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

iCourt wrote:Has to be for work too. Surface laptop is just a laptop. Not the tablet you are most likely thinking of.

Work requires slim fashionable laptop if I have one. Currently that means I have a MacBook Air that run legacy no problem. No gaming computers for me. Specs should suffice for some casual games. Not looking to run at max graphics etc.
Your work requires your laptop to be fashionable?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

musketeer925 wrote:
iCourt wrote:Has to be for work too. Surface laptop is just a laptop. Not the tablet you are most likely thinking of.

Your work requires your laptop to be fashionable?
They don't want to be embarrassed by nerds with gaming laptops covered in tacky lights I would imagine
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Bingo.

Hotel sales and operations manager. The sales part is what dictates it.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I wouldnt get a surface tbh, I think like the lenovo yoga or hp envy are better. Or the macbook ofc.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

gibson wrote:I wouldnt get a surface tbh, I think like the lenovo yoga or hp envy are better. Or the macbook ofc.
Surface looks better than them imho
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

gibson wrote:I wouldnt get a surface tbh, I think like the lenovo yoga or hp envy are better. Or the macbook ofc.
They probably are. My company supplies HP Envys for work, ofc with horrible specs way below what the consumer market can purchase.

Frankly I've made up my mind. I'm ok with my future purchase. Work and design will always take precedence over a computer game. The specs on that particular laptop are above the recommended specs for DE so it should work just fine for some casual games.

The keyboard is also very similar to the MacBooks so it should allow for a comfortable transition.

Also the magnetic charger is another huge selling point for me. The fact Apple removed that is a huge reason I'm not getting another MacBook apart from windows being the superior OS currently.

I'm more concerned about the game deleting everything off my Surface as opposed to what you all think I should be purchasing though...
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

iCourt wrote:
They probably are. My company supplies HP Envys for work, ofc with horrible specs way below what the consumer market can purchase.

Frankly I've made up my mind. I'm ok with my future purchase. Work and design will always take precedence over a computer game. The specs on that particular laptop are above the recommended specs for DE so it should work just fine for some casual games.

The keyboard is also very similar to the MacBooks so it should allow for a comfortable transition.

Also the magnetic charger is another huge selling point for me. The fact Apple removed that is a huge reason I'm not getting another MacBook apart from windows being the superior OS currently.

I'm more concerned about the game deleting everything off my Surface as opposed to what you all think I should be purchasing though...
Your surface laptop will be more than good enough to run aoe3:DE flawlessly, but that super small screen of 13.5" would bother me tbh.
What my friends do is attach their laptops to bigger screens at home.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

aaryngend wrote:good enough to run aoe3:DE flawlessly
I'm not sure there's any computer in the world that could do that!
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

aaryngend wrote:
iCourt wrote:

Your surface laptop will be more than good enough to run aoe3:DE flawlessly, but that super small screen of 13.5" would bother me tbh.
What my friends do is attach their laptops to bigger screens at home.
Man it's like you got it all figured out... Hp 24ea...

I'm sure I'll get criticized for my monitor choice too!

:P
Czech Republic siderit
Crossbow
ESO: IamSideritCze

Post by siderit »

Sorry to bring up an old post, but is it solved already?